Blood Rage

"
Vipermagi wrote:
No, you clearly don't have 14% Life Regen then. You take 4% Max Life as Chaos Damage per Second, with -40% Resists this is 4*1.4 = 5.6%. If you have 6% Regen, you will net gain Life per Second.

I've used Blood Rage on many characters, and they can all out-regen BR with ease.

I've just tested it again, on Normal mode (0% chaos resist), 14.2% life regen/ sec.

Printscreen below shows the amount of life BR eaten from me. It was slower (due to chaos resist being 0% instead of a negative value), still, no regen effect over it:

What could I being doing wrong?
Look at your Regen. There's no percent there.
I don't get it... So the "Life regeneration per second" at the "Defense" tab won't work until I get one passive skill to trigger it's value? Is that it?

Edit: Oh, I see. That's a integer number regen, not percentage. Sorry for the confusion. I guess I don't have any gear with percentage regen right now, just these intengers. I'll head that way then.
Last edited by junaum on Feb 12, 2014, 12:49:06 PM
I've been trying to theorycraft a build that might be able to get full effect out of this skill without requiring specific uniques.

It doesn't seem like there's any combination of passives that would easily make it work out. Only if Vaal Pact and Zealot's Oath could work together would it be possible to get full effect out of the skill in an efficient and viable build.

Gonna be dual-wielding to capitalize on the attack speed.

Gotta grab Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction and a bunch of other aura passives to get more auras out of your life. And since you're reserving life, don't bother to take (many) life passives. And grab Unwavering Stance to combat the stun from a lack of life.

Gotta grab lots of energy shield nodes to survive. And then either Zealot's Oath or Ghost Reaver to replenish ES.

Gotta have enough regeneration on blood magic to counter Blood Rage's DoT and be able to use your skills. And then Vaal Pact to sustain your life while you spam skills at your increased attack speed.

Except if you take Zealot's Oath, it gets cancelled by Vaal Pact, and if you take Ghost Reaver, you won't be able to use Vaal Pact to maintain your life while you spam skills.

I guess the only way it would work is to get a large enough life pool and regeneration rate to be able to counter both the DoT of BR and the cost of your skill usage. With enough different calculations it would be possible to compute the perfect balance of life nodes and regeneration, but I don't think I'm dedicated nor skilled enough to figure it out.

Edit: This is about the best build I could come up with: Dual-Claw Marauder

Edit: Linking and running Vitality, Discipline, Haste, Wrath, Anger, and Reduced Mana level 19 (but not 20) with those passives would cost 65.3% life reservation, just enough to enable the low life bonus.
Last edited by Zad_Stnd on Feb 21, 2014, 4:11:35 AM
"
Zad_Stnd wrote:
Edit: Linking and running Vitality, Discipline, Haste, Wrath, Anger, and Reduced Mana level 19 (but not 20) with those passives would cost 65.3% life reservation, just enough to enable the low life bonus.

Rookie mistake. Reserves are rounded. Here, let me show you what you end up with:

46% Reduced Reserve and 40% Less Reserved from the tree, 72% Mult from RM.
RM applies first, rounds down. Reduced/Reserve applies second, effectively rounds up.

60 * 0.72 = 43.2 -> 43% Reserve
43 * 0.54 * 0.6 = 13.932 -> 14% Reserve

14 * 5 = 70% Reserved.

Alpha's Howl would bring them down to 12% Reserve, putting you at 60% Reserve. Fucking with RM levels to get 13% Reserve with Alpha's is going to be a bit dodgy, because due to rounding you might not be at Low Life when you're Reserving exactly 65%. 70% is fine, but you can do better so what the fuck I have time to spare anyways.

Ideally what you want is four Auras at 13% and one at 14%, Reserving 66% Life. However, that requires a lot of effort to link up, not to mention three RM Gems (or a five-link, hah). The cheaper minmax option is rocking three 13% and two 14% Auras. Also leaves a slot in an RM chain, so you can get some use out of that Quality by linking ECry or something (yay?).

Drop 5% Reserved from the tree and acquire Alpha's Howl. This leaves you with 49% Reduced Reserve.

Level 19 RM -> 43 * 0.51 * 0.6 = 13.158 -> 14% Reserve
Level 20 RM -> 42 * 0.51 * 0.6 = 12.852 -> 13% Reserve

Done.

-----------
Aegis Aurora tanking or going full Life are probably your best bets if you want to hit Low Life with Blood Magic. That way, you can focus your various methods of replenishment on one resource - Life. That is ultimately what you need to survive anyways, so paying it some attention ain't a half bad idea.
Blood Rage needs to be reworked to give LGoH instead of Physical LL. Since the only builds that use BR, are ones that attack small/fast, BR is now useless as an alternative to actually having the LL Support for those builds. Seems kind of counter-intuitive now..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Since the only builds that use BR, are ones that attack small/fast,[..]

Says who. There's no reason a hard-hitter cannot run Blood Rage. I always grab Blood Rage for my Leap Slammers.
nvm
Last edited by Forizo on Mar 20, 2014, 4:06:49 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Blood Rage needs to be reworked to give LGoH instead of Physical LL. Since the only builds that use BR, are ones that attack small/fast, BR is now useless as an alternative to actually having the LL Support for those builds. Seems kind of counter-intuitive now..

but what about ghost reaver ci builds?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/878696/page/1/#p7505969

I got a question i cannot find a answer for and others can only speculate as well, do chaos and dot passive nodes increase the chaos damage debuff of blood rage?
Last edited by LadyAlekto on Apr 6, 2014, 3:39:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info