The 5 main reasons why I can't continue to support GGG. It was a good run.

1. Leech changes where too much, too much overnerfed but a large part of it is you just being salty.

2. Annoying change that cost more, worse for newer players but you can afford enlighten anyway. Seems unnecessary way to try to find a use for enlighten. Just made it more expensive by a long shot, but a extreme or major negative but pretty annoying.

3. Maps being easy or hard to sustain change patch to patch, expect this to change eventually.

4. I wasn't aware crafting godly end game gear was done more then like 0.01% of the population, outside of that more people supported removing it then against it. Community overall decision here.

5. Policing RMT is alot harder then you think. Whenever or not they are doing anything is unclear since they don't share anyway. They do try to break bots once in awhile and the and when a shit ton of RMT stuff was listed the other day, they took it all down.
Tomorrow I am getting lunaris pack - this expansion is beyond beastly.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I'm glad people are enjoying the expansion. A lot of the changes were great, but some were not.

I'll just come right out and say it: I think the game is too hard now. Yup, I'm a noob and I need to get gud. You got it. But after playing almost 2k hours and sinking a lot of time into some solid, original builds, it's not fun to find them failing pathetically against the newly buffed map bosses. My builds weren't ruined, mind you, in fact their stats on paper are better than in 1.3. But the content is so much crazier that it's a fruitless exercise to try to level in the 90s (I'm not Etup!). I adapted, and I'm still dying.

The dust has yet to settle on the new metagame. But between leech nerfs, increased enemy damage that makes armor/fortify the best option, reflect still being around (I cannot for the life of me figure out how to deal with Thornflesh, and even reflect rares are sometimes dangerous. Max res, armor flasks, and instant leech and it still kills me all the time. Wondering if all rangers have this issue or just me) and nerfs to certain skills that enabled low-life strategy, I'm not optimistic on build diversity in PoE 2.0.

I'm curious about how player numbers will change over time - folks are mad about map drops, difficulty, and hitting a wall at level 85 instead of 90, but who knows how much those concerns affect new/casual players. It looks to me like we're going to have a purging of the hardcore community - the war between the masochistic no-lifer hardcore players and the more reasonable, intellectual, game-design focused hardcore players is currently going well for the former team. That whole fight is only occurring within a tiny % of PoE's player population, but it's still sad to see a lot of players being driven away who really cared about and supported the game.

I'm still optimistic some much-needed fixes to 2.0's problems will come out soon. But, for now, I'm taking a break from PoE (no quit thread because nobody cares; I get that). It feels impossible to progress with my most powerful toons.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Jul 30, 2015, 4:15:33 AM
I agree with most points. Evasion and the leech nerf are SERIOUS issues that better get adressed asap.
"
Cyzax wrote:
Leech was too powerful, so needed a nerf. They possibly went a bit too far, but 0.3 instead of 0.2 would do. Survivability is something I agree more on, but mainly the one-shotting even when players are doing everything right.

I'm not so sure the base scale was wrong, but rather, that the passive tree adjustment only took it so far. A few key issues right now:

• Currently, as the shadow's ONLY leech node is Blood Drinker, they have weak passives; it's fair enough to skip giving them "leech rate" passives, with Vaal Pact there, but it's not enough to make up for a lack of leech to begin with. (and forcing them to take leech claws is a VERY bad solution) That area needs a dedicated leech wheel, perhaps. More importantly, the big Claw/dagger damage wheels should have leech.
  • Right now, the leech passives are RATHER heavy towards the Duelist. For mana, Spirit Void/Essence Sap are WAY too close to each other. Essence Sap should be moved onto the other side of the Duelist segment. Also, while we're at it... With those two additions AND comparing to Mana Flows, (really, ANY duelist or ranger can easily take all three and NEVER have mana issues ever again) Revelry is now garbage and not worth taking on anyone. It needs a buff to make it an option. (perhaps bumping it to +20% mana and +4 mana on hit? Mana regen could work, too, but would blur the distinction with Mana Flows)
  • The addition of some mild leech to the minor "Weapon" wheels in the Duelist area (Blade of cunning, Splitting Strikes, Bloody Bludgeon) are not quite balanced well; BoC is really weak by comparison. (sure, there's a PvP-oriented sword wheel next to it, but it's not balanced to mandate two wheels to make up for one) Also, going with the shadow comments above... This idea should be spread further.

I feel that if they balance out the passive tree (perhaps also remove that useless Fortify wheel while they're at it) this will make leech a lot better-feeling. Also, would dramatically help the Shadow; right now a melee shadow is entirely useless: a duelist or ranger can do the exact same job only FAR better.

"
Cyzax wrote:
AA was too strong, but it should have been reduced, not remade into an aura. It had a unique damage mitigation type (flat number), but is now the same as the rest (percentage). I don't mind the other skill changes

I strongly disagree on the AA comment regarding its reservation status.

Pre-2.0, AA effectively *WAS* a reservation, as almost everyone used a Clarity to provide the necessary mana regen. The problem with that was that compared to all OTHER reservations, clarity is flat, meaning it got gated to just high-mana casters: that was HIGHLY restricting to have one of the game's best mitigation layers relegated to a "squishy caster only." It was one more anchor for the "squishies survive the best" regime PoE has been plagued with.

That, and with damage changes, the percentile cost is actually often better. It's just that it can no longer be used as a free bypass for reflect, which was ALSO a problem. Of course, pack reflect was removed, reducing the need for this.

Given that I (clearly) focus a lot more on melee, I find the new AA quite interesting. My only issue is that it now largely does Determination's job better for most characters: THAT aura could use a buff, as currently its only good use is with Aegis.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
TuroviK wrote:
1. Needless nerfs to leech (and survivability in general), essentially killing dozens if not hundreds of builds with this dumb change alone.

While leech was too strong, the way it was changed was extreme, and in combination with existing issues of ES builds (stun, the way you can get ES back etc) it killed all pure ES builds right away. That was totally stupid and could have been prevented in some way.

"
TuroviK wrote:
2. Needless nerf to reduced mana. (Basically just forcing us to use our currency for enlighten). Needless nerfs to arctic armor and other skills as well.

That change was okay, running auras doesn't depend that much on a single gem anymore. However I didn't understand why they had to take another gem. Making Reduced Mana to work differently for Auras and Skills would have solved it, too.

"
TuroviK wrote:
3. Map drop system is still terrible and end game maps are still barely sustainable. I ran out of high end maps even though I run them with good mods. Also ties into needless strongbox (carto) nerfs.

Yeah. Nothing to add here.

"
TuroviK wrote:
4. Removing eternal orbs kills crafting for godly end game items. We're now forced to yolo exalt or use master crafts which aren't nearly as good.

I disagree here, Mirrors are the problem IMO. These make the 0.01% of people super rich. Having GG gear is fine if you can only use or sell, but not copy it.

"
TuroviK wrote:
5. GGG still refuses to deal with the real problem of 3rd party trading sites, specifically the one that rhymes with E2-GSP. One visit to that site will reveal many familiar names, but since most of those names are big time donators GGG doesn't seem to care. The economy is already shit, and sites like these just make it even shittier.

As I only play Standard (lack of time for temp leagues usually), I guess that's right but cannot really comment on it.

"
TuroviK wrote:
Hopefully GGG gets their shit together before it's too late...but judging by how they ignored everyone and went ahead with these terrible changes in the first place, I'm not very optimistic.

If GGG wants to increase their player base, they better change things. Currently it's like Path of Armor, Endurance Charges, Life Nodes & Summoning. Evasion is hardly viable, pure ES total shit unless maybe lowlife Summoner if you can prevent getting hit.
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
Doesn't like new map drop system. Its annoying for solo players who don't go IIR\IIQ build.
Doesn't like AA nerf. Casters are like glass-cannons now. No good newb-friendly build based on ES.
I agree with all your reasons expect Arctic armor was buffed.

Before I one got like 5% on a 6000 phys hit now we get 14%. The small hits never mattered. Unless you used it for move speed AA didnt do much.
Git R Dun!
"
demon9675 wrote:
I'm glad people are enjoying the expansion. A lot of the changes were great, but some were not.

I'll just come right out and say it: I think the game is too hard now. Yup, I'm a noob and I need to get gud. You got it. But after playing almost 2k hours and sinking a lot of time into some solid, original builds, it's not fun to find them failing pathetically against the newly buffed map bosses. My builds weren't ruined, mind you, in fact their stats on paper are better than in 1.3. But the content is so much crazier that it's a fruitless exercise to try to level in the 90s (I'm not Etup!). I adapted, and I'm still dying.

The dust has yet to settle on the new metagame. But between leech nerfs, increased enemy damage that makes armor/fortify the best option, reflect still being around (I cannot for the life of me figure out how to deal with Thornflesh, and even reflect rares are sometimes dangerous. Max res, armor flasks, and instant leech and it still kills me all the time. Wondering if all rangers have this issue or just me) and nerfs to certain skills that enabled low-life strategy, I'm not optimistic on build diversity in PoE 2.0.

I'm curious about how player numbers will change over time - folks are mad about map drops, difficulty, and hitting a wall at level 85 instead of 90, but who knows how much those concerns affect new/casual players. It looks to me like we're going to have a purging of the hardcore community - the war between the masochistic no-lifer hardcore players and the more reasonable, intellectual, game-design focused hardcore players is currently going well for the former team. That whole fight is only occurring within a tiny % of PoE's player population, but it's still sad to see a lot of players being driven away who really cared about and supported the game.

I'm still optimistic some much-needed fixes to 2.0's problems will come out soon. But, for now, I'm taking a break from PoE (no quit thread because nobody cares; I get that). It feels impossible to progress with my most powerful toons.

This. Altough I enjoyed the expansion a little bit, it was really ruined for me by the weakness of evasion. I've had to bruteforce my way into merciless by dying around 50 times to malachai/the organs. Piety was alright, tho, seems like a bossfight you can learn with very clear mechanics (altough it really craps on summoner builds).
Mind you, I've played before the nerfs to normal/cruel, so that was barely playable.

Either way, out of the potential ggg had to make the expansion amazing, I'd say it's a failure.
The "only play new leagues with totem builds" statement is overtuned, but I wouldn't say it's completely false either. You're pretty much forced to play ranged, or just get armor.
#7, getting disconnected randomly when trying to re-enter certain maps. Just lost another lvl 80 map this way.

I'm done.
Last edited by TuroviK on Jul 30, 2015, 6:25:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info