PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

The 5 main reasons why I can't continue to support GGG. It was a good run.

1. Needless nerfs to leech (and survivability in general), essentially killing dozens if not hundreds of builds with this dumb change alone. I spent about 50ex worth of currency trying to fix what they broke and still couldn't. I have godly gear and still couldn't fix it so I can't imagine what it's like for beginner/novice players who don't have access to the great gear and currency. Most CI/Low life ES builds are simply too broken for end game maps now.

2. Needless nerf to reduced mana. (Basically just forcing us to use our currency for enlighten). Needless nerfs to arctic armor and other skills as well.

3. Map drop system is still terrible and end game maps are still barely sustainable. I ran out of high end maps even though I run them with good mods. Also ties into needless strongbox (carto) nerfs.

4. Removing eternal orbs kills crafting for godly end game items. We're now forced to yolo exalt or use master crafts which aren't nearly as good.

5. GGG still refuses to deal with the real problem of 3rd party trading sites, specifically the one that rhymes with E2-GSP. One visit to that site will reveal many familiar names, but since most of those names are big time donators GGG doesn't seem to care. The economy is already shit, and sites like these just make it even shittier.

I was fully expecting to buy another gold-tier supporter pack when 2.0 hit, but these changes have turned me off so much that I don't even want to login anymore.

It's a shame too, PoE was the pinnacle of ARPGs.

Hopefully GGG gets their shit together before it's too late...but judging by how they ignored everyone and went ahead with these terrible changes in the first place, I'm not very optimistic.

$0.02 from a very long time player/supporter.

Last edited by TuroviK on Jul 29, 2015, 7:58:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
TuroviK wrote:
1. Needless nerfs to leech (and survivability in general), essentially killing dozens if not hundreds of builds with this dumb change alone. I spent about 50ex worth of currency trying to fix what they broke and still couldn't. I have godly gear and still couldn't fix it so I can't imagine what it's like for beginner/novice players who don't have access to the great gear and currency. Most CI/Low life ES builds are simply too broken for end game maps now.

2. Needless nerf to reduced mana. (Basically just forcing us to use our currency for enlighten). Needless nerfs to arctic armor and other skills as well.

3. Map drop system is still terrible and end game maps are still barely sustainable. I ran out of high end maps even tho I run them with good mods. Also ties into needless strongbox (carto) nerfs.

4. Removing eternal orbs kills crafting for godly end game items. We're now forced to yolo exalt or use master crafts which aren't nearly as good.

5. GGG still refuses to deal with the real problem of 3rd party trading sites, specifically the one that rhymes with E2-GSP. One visit to that site will reveal many familiar names, but since most of those names are big time donators GGG doesn't seem to care. The economy is already shit, and sites like these just make it even shittier.

I was fully expecting to buy another gold-tier supporter pack when 2.0 hit, but these changes have turned me off so much that I don't even want to login anymore.

Hopefully GGG gets their shit together before it's too late...but judging by how they ignored everyone and went ahead with these terrible changes in the first place, I'm not very optimistic.

I share this opinion, except on 4 and 5 which I don't really have enough experience to critisize, and 3... I didn't even get to maps with these nerfs. I've tried on 4 different chars, but evasion (for leveling - mobs just hit like trucks) is just shit now.

And yes, the damn leech changes. Ruined every char I've had. Life leech is so fun, and it got ruined.

Edit: I'm hopefully GGG will fix this tho. I'm starting to doubt tho, as I haven't seen a single answer from staff adressed to fixing this, even tho this change is extremelly important.

Makes me wonder if they consider this "the expected people crying about their builds getting nerfed" or if they actually want to change it.
Last edited by ZeroZ30o on Jul 29, 2015, 6:13:58 PM
"
... nor do you have any insight into the logic behind their decisions.

Seems no-one does. The magic of RNG gated content! No-one else does it, people keep on leaving because of it, but GGG knows best. And does not bother to explain. Hm.
"
TuroviK wrote:

3. Map drop system is still terrible and end game maps are still barely sustainable. I ran out of high end maps even though I run them with good mods. Also ties into needless strongbox (carto) nerfs.

So basicly you're mad that you can't addapt to the changes and you threaten to quit instead of figuring out a new build in the current meta . Can't you just copy paste some FOTM build like you did for years ?

[Removed by Support]
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Jul 30, 2015, 3:14:29 AM
"
TuroviK wrote:

I agree that the leech nerfs were a bit excessive, but it didn't "break the game". Yes, lots of builds don't work anymore, but lots of other builds still do, and many have even improved.
Begginer players don't have nowehere near even 1 exalt to spend on "godly gear" but they are still able to play, just because they can pick a build that actually works instead of spending insane ammounts of currency on something that clearly doesn't work anymore. Things change and you should deal with that.

Builds also still work withount enlighten. You are not "forced" into anything. Seriouly, you should just get off your pedestal and try looking at the build forums for a bit.

Removing eternals was, in my opinion, a good move. They were just widening the gap between starting players and "the 1%" endgame players who can spend ludicrous ammount of currency on one item, eventually affecting the remaining item's economy.

I don't even know what's your complaint with third party trading sites. They exist, deal with it. "e2 gsp" has been around for a lot longer than poe, and it's not like GGG can really do something about it.
2 shot of vodka here!
Last edited by BKJohnsen on Aug 11, 2020, 9:15:14 AM
"
I really only have one reason I can't support this game right now: The new maps system.

Its awful and ruined the fun I had playing this game. I don't wanna grind lvl 74 maps when i'm 85-90. It's boring and stupid to play for me now...

Too bad too, cause this is my favorite game. Now I have to go back and play Hearthstone until maps get fixed. If they don't get fixed, I'll just curse them for ruining my favorite game and my comments about this game will now just be "meh, it's better than D3, but now it's equally as stupid to play it now"

I actually want to thank GGG for taking a dump on their own game. You won't realize how many good games are out their until you leave PoE, which is so ironic because when we all started playing PoE, we probably all thought "how are we ever gonna stop playing this game?! It beats everything out there!"

"
tryhardgg wrote:

So basicly you're mad that you can't addapt to the changes and you threaten to quit instead of figuring out a new build in the current meta . Can't you just copy paste some FOTM build like you did for years ?

[Removed by Support]

Reason #6, the community has gotten increasingly shittier over the years. The amount of fanboys that blindly defend this game as though it has no problems is itself a problem. Just look at some of the responses in this thread to my very real, very legitimate concerns. It's as though I insulted their mother. It's beyond pathetic.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Jul 30, 2015, 3:26:42 AM
Don't know if it necessarily (all) fanboyism. I can understand some of your concerns (map drop system), while others I cannot (I am personally happy that eternals got removed from the game, I think its a good change).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Jul 30, 2015, 1:21:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info