The 5 main reasons why I can't continue to support GGG. It was a good run.

I don't agree with much of anything with your post except the part about supporting GGG.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

OMG I can't run 7 auras, worst game ever, /ragequit.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Manator on Jul 30, 2015, 1:24:47 AM
"
Manator wrote:

Actually I can reach 10 auras/buffs now, but keep talking out of your ass if it makes you feel better.
Last edited by TuroviK on Jul 30, 2015, 1:39:17 AM
"
TuroviK wrote:
"
Manator wrote:

Actually I can reach 10 auras/buffs now, but keep talking out of your ass if it makes you feel better.

Cool. Then what was your problem again?
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
"
Manator wrote:
"
TuroviK wrote:
"
Manator wrote:

Cool. Then what was your problem again?

I can't help you if you can't read.
What did you try to do to "fix" your leech problems?
agree with some OP's points (1/3/5).

The diversity of game has been destroyed by so many unneccessary nerfs.
Trading still sucks
Last edited by Hynova on Jul 30, 2015, 2:13:40 AM
So actually it's not a matter of "can't" but "won't" or "am not interested anymore". Fair enough.
You have already supported more than many others. Thanks for that.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Jul 30, 2015, 2:17:11 AM
"
TuroviK wrote:
1. Needless nerfs to leech (and survivability in general), essentially killing dozens if not hundreds of builds with this dumb change alone. I spent about 50ex worth of currency trying to fix what they broke and still couldn't. I have godly gear and still couldn't fix it so I can't imagine what it's like for beginner/novice players who don't have access to the great gear and currency. Most CI/Low life ES builds are simply too broken for end game maps now.

Um, newer players will come in without the expectation of "build a paper-thin glass cannon, and leech will counter-intuitively make you more survivable the more you spec to DPS instead of tankiness."

You DO realise that CI/Low Life ES were never builds for beginners anyway, right? Never have been, never will.

Perhaps you should've tried making a new build from the ground up, rather than seeing how things changed for your GG-equipped characters in Standard.

"
TuroviK wrote:
2. Needless nerf to reduced mana. (Basically just forcing us to use our currency for enlighten). Needless nerfs to arctic armor and other skills as well.

To be honest, you've got SORT of a correct issue on point, but rather, the problem currently is Enlighten rather than RM. Before RM was a MANDATORY GEM: find me a SINGLE 1.3 build that didn't assume you had a 4L that consisted of 3 Auras/heralds + 1 RM. (or often two items gemmed so)

GGG saw the big problem: build "diversity" was largely nonexistent: you ran a glass cannon with leech that varied PURELY on the exact pick of a handful of small skills (incinerate, FS, TS, ST, etc.) and ran as many reservations as possible.

"
TuroviK wrote:
3. Map drop system is still terrible and end game maps are still barely sustainable. I ran out of high end maps even though I run them with good mods. Also ties into needless strongbox (carto) nerfs.

Half-right. Current drops are worse than they were before; they were actually pretty decent in 1.3. Though this is less of intentional trashing, but GGG failing to do the right statistical analysis to see how MUCH their combined changes would synergize.

"
TuroviK wrote:
4. Removing eternal orbs kills crafting for godly end game items. We're now forced to yolo exalt or use master crafts which aren't nearly as good.

This removal was in response to the GLARING loophole in the game's economy: Mirror-crafting-services allowed a single-digit-number (out of hundreds of thousands) of players to break the "Thrift Shop Rule," and create a on-way funnel for currency that couldn't be broken.

Fixing this required EITHER the removal of Eternal Orbs or Mirrors; as long as both existed, this loophole would NEVER be removed. And it's not so bad; you should see how good crafted gear on the Temp Leagues have gotten already in 3 weeks: it's pretty clear you've not spent much time taking a good look outside of Standard.

"
TuroviK wrote:
5. GGG still refuses to deal with the real problem of 3rd party trading sites, specifically the one that rhymes with E2-GSP. One visit to that site will reveal many familiar names, but since most of those names are big time donators GGG doesn't seem to care. The economy is already shit, and sites like these just make it even shittier.

I'm not so sure I'd agree 100%, but I do agree that GGG has done less to combat RMT dealers, (and less visibly in general; GGG should exclude RMT from their "name-and-shame" rule) than most people would like to see.

Granted, I do think many people overstate the impact RMT has on the game; that goes along with the rule that people are often more paranoid than is justified. Still, bigger and more visible efforts to shut down RMT would be appreciated. (i.e, mass bannings on both buyers and sellers, and publicly making examples of those ex-users)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
TuroviK wrote:
Needless nerfs to leech (and survivability in general)

Leech was too powerful, so needed a nerf. They possibly went a bit too far, but 0.3 instead of 0.2 would do. Survivability is something I agree more on, but mainly the one-shotting even when players are doing everything right.

"
TuroviK wrote:
Needless nerf to reduced mana. (Basically just forcing us to use our currency for enlighten).

Obviously GGG saw the need, and it's their game. Enlighten should have stayed as it was though...

"
TuroviK wrote:
Needless nerfs to arctic armor and other skills as well.

AA was too strong, but it should have been reduced, not remade into an aura. It had a unique damage mitigation type (flat number), but is now the same as the rest (percentage). I don't mind the other skill changes

"
TuroviK wrote:
Map drop system is still terrible and end game maps are still barely sustainable.

They're not supposed to be sustainable any more I think. For some reason, GGG dislikes L100 players, so endgame is redefined as L85 unless you REALLY want to grind!

"
TuroviK wrote:
Removing eternal orbs kills crafting for godly end game items. We're now forced to yolo exalt or use master crafts which aren't nearly as good.

Who cares except the top 0.1%... Godly items shouldn't be possible anyway...

---

All in all, the post reads more like a player who think himself 1337 whining that his I-Win button was taken away, and is now too lazy to find a new one... They're still there...
2.0 is by no means perfect (last half of A4 is boring as hell, balance not well done, and so on), but there was a need for some game mechanics changes, also reducing some things, commonly known as nerfs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info