Spectre - ''Tiers'' and what to use

"
"
rondanashu wrote:
So I just tried 4 of those knitted horrors. For me they are comparable to skeletons from normal. How are you linking them to make them like 1% of revenants or flame sentinels? I'm doing something terrible if these are T1 specters:)

What links? 5L? 4L? 6L? I could make a video of them if you want :P

Oh I believe you:) I'm using 6L, but do not want to change colors without knowing that they are better than revenant.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
My Knitted horror setup is here I believe.

You replace Chain for PPAD I was using sentinals cuz my knitted horrors died in this 80 :_;

*cries

So Chain - > PPAD
echo - > Added chaos / free slot
fp - > Slower projectiles
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 24, 2015, 10:23:11 AM
spell echo? 0o
- Double post
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 24, 2015, 10:21:38 AM
"
My Knitted horror setup is here I believe.

You replace Chain for PPAD I was using sentinals cuz my knitted horrors died in this 80 :_;

*cries

Echo was Added Chaos damage that's a free slot. I was using Sentinals a bit :P
Faster projectiles becomes Slower

Thanks! I'll try it after some rechroming:D
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
"
Heroofexile wrote:
spell echo? 0o

make sure to take it out before you summon you specters :P

So im wondering...Has anyone played around with using bleed from "bleed bros" combined with the new punishment curse and maybe bloodlust on minions that deal melee physical damage?
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Oct 6, 2015, 11:15:14 AM
"
Dethklok wrote:
"
Heroofexile wrote:
spell echo? 0o

So im wondering...Has anyone played around with using bleed from "bleed bros" combined with the new punishment curse and maybe bloodlust on minions that deal melee physical damage?

never tried that. enfeeble and chains were safer to use. damage was enough anyway.

so knitted horrors are in fact spell casters? spell echo works? i thought they were using attacks.
"
kompaniet wrote:

so knitted horrors are in fact spell casters? spell echo works? i thought they were using attacks.

No echo dosnt work for knitted horrors you are correct in that they are using an attack.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
"
Heroofexile wrote:
spell echo? 0o

nifty in theory , impractical when tested.

because bleed doesnt stack means you are losing damage efficiency with each extra specter. most trash mobs lack the hp pool needed to warrant something like bleed to be applied too them. not when most attacks will kill them out right.

Blood lust is a good gem, but it is not so much better than say melee physical, minion damage, faster attacks or muli strike to warrant dedicating your specters to it.

your zombies / srs are your dedicated single target. they dont need the help of specters for this job. they do it just fine.

however zombies and srs are TERRIBLE for clear speed, they need all the help they can get in that regard.

This is why it is always a desperate battle to find the best specter / gem combination that hits as many things as they can as hard as they can.

Thankfully, the bleed bros also have a built in pierce and a decent base damage which qualifies them as good specters , independent of the bleed (this is of course prior to the all act4 mobs nerf).

Reveneants used to be this answer, however this is less so now because they no longer hit enough targets. their damage is fine. but that loss of 2 projectiles savagely murdered their synergy with chain. In short they lost the edge in terms of hitting as many targets as possible.

so the question is now, do the knitted bros have enough damage AND enough coverage to out class revenants.

the answer is saddly still... no because revenants do one absolutely massive thing that almost no other specter does. they bloody fire from a reasonable distance and they fire often. pretty much every other *cough* ranged specter has to be in at best casual conversation distance and at worst nipple rubbing distance.

knitted horrors in particular get so damn close that there is a 50/50 chance they will argo something and get dragged into melee (which they suck at).
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 6, 2015, 12:41:31 PM
Yeah nerfs or no, Revs have so many things going for them. Good cast speed, range, damage, etc. Some people would have you think they're useless and they absolutely aren't. Also, what never seems to get said about them is their attack is the best for EE. Firestorm is, to me, the best way to apply it and they sync perfectly out of the box.

[e]case in point: ranking Flame Sents in a higher "tier" than Revs is absurd to me.
Last edited by smithist on Oct 6, 2015, 1:05:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info