Spectre - ''Tiers'' and what to use

"
Blue mobs are +1 to the level
Rare mobs are +2 to the level
No, they drop items of +1/+2 itemlevel, they themselves are the same level as other monsters in the area.
They get a bunch of damage/life/drop/etc bonuses for being rare/magic, but that doesn't matter to Raise Spectre, only Dominating Blow.
"
Antnee wrote:
I remember you scoffing at me for using knitted horrors back in beta.

I SCOFF AT THEE

:_;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Blue mobs are +1 to the level
Rare mobs are +2 to the level
No, they drop items of +1/+2 itemlevel, they themselves are the same level as other monsters in the area.
They get a bunch of damage/life/drop/etc bonuses for being rare/magic, but that doesn't matter to Raise Spectre, only Dominating Blow.

Ohhhh well now :_;

Thanks!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
raics wrote:
Squirrels would be decent if they didn't run around more than shoot and didn't try to melee enemies all the time, and that goes for spine thrower snakes to some extent.
Wat? Squirrels?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Has anyone tried the flame dash hounds from act 4. It seems like they are very dangerous in maps but that could just be my sloppy play. I am wondering how good they would be against other monsters, I am a little worried that the pack size for a summoner would be too small.
My experience so far with the ranged spectres is that specifically for the Revenants, having a GMP/LMP is useless because in a 5l combination of Chain/Faster Proj/Raise/Minion Damage/LightPen and a self cast Conductivity most mobs die with 1 or 2 hits anyways, so instead of using more projectiles to kill the enemy packs, you use the standard 3 bolt attack that chains with more damage. The same is true for Spell Echo.

If you can throw in a second curse (Projectile/Elemental weakness) everything can be killed extremely fast.

Now, as far as Knitted Horrors go, in a 5l Combo GMP is really useful for the fact that Knitted's projectile automatically pierce enemies and the extra projectiles make Knitted's attack sort of a front cone "AOE"ish attack.

Knitted Horrors are generally more robust and can withstand more punishment as well as be compatible with curses that help your zombies too when compared to the Revenants, but the later pack a bigger punch and you can use them as a sort of artillery while your zombie wall holds the line.
Last edited by Decimus_Ros on Sep 24, 2015, 4:04:16 AM
"
silumit wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Squirrels would be decent if they didn't run around more than shoot and didn't try to melee enemies all the time, and that goes for spine thrower snakes to some extent.
Wat? Squirrels?

Yeah, plumed chimeras, have fluffy tails and run around like a caffeine addict.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So I just tried 4 of those knitted horrors. For me they are comparable to skeletons from normal. How are you linking them to make them like 1% of revenants or flame sentinels? I'm doing something terrible if these are T1 specters:)
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
"
rondanashu wrote:
So I just tried 4 of those knitted horrors. For me they are comparable to skeletons from normal. How are you linking them to make them like 1% of revenants or flame sentinels? I'm doing something terrible if these are T1 specters:)

What links? 5L? 4L? 6L? I could make a video of them if you want :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 24, 2015, 10:08:36 AM
min dam, phys proj, faster attacks, lower proj, gmp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info