Spectre - ''Tiers'' and what to use

A few friends of mine want to start a summoner so I'm going to be writing a bit.

Well use the ABC system

S
A
B
C

So this means basically S is top tier obviously and C is terrible in most cases but if you can make it work by all means.

Spectre levels are dependent on the area. They do not scale whatsoever so keep that in mind in addition the level can not exceed the area of the zone so for example you bring a level 70 Rev to a normal level 1 Coast; That becomes a level 1 now. So if you rose the level 70 from a 70 area, It can't go higher in a 71 only 70.

Level of the mobs ARE very important like the mob damage is a huge difference example lets say you have your level 70 Rev's right? Now you go in a 75 map and you get Carpet bros, You want to replace those as soon as possible.

Re-coin ''names'' of each popular spectre - > This is what we usually call them rather then their actually names.

"
Lantern bro
- Pocket Lantern bearer / Pocket Illuminator - > Mines 1 2 and Crystal veins act 4

Poison/fire Bro
- Undying Alchemist / Undying Incinerator - > Sewers Act 3 / Crematorium

Bleed Bro
- Knitted Horrors - > Dried Lake act 4

Spider Bro
- Stygian Revents - > Belly of the beast 1 2 and The Harvest

Carpet Bro
- Flame Sentinel - > Solaris act 3

Bubble Bro
- Undying evangelists - > Scepter of God/Upper Scepter of God

S rank -
+ Bleed Bro
+ Bubble Bro
+ Carpet Bro

A rank -
+ Spider Bro
+ Lantern Bro
+ Poison / Fire Bro

B rank -
+ Voidbears
+ Glacial Cascade mage from Vorici
+ Night Adder
+ Carrion Queen
+ Gull birds

C rank -
+ Mostly other mobs that aren't listed here, They can be useful if well you really don't have a choice.

> If you choose most of the range which well is highly suggested you would most of the time go

4L - GMP - > Echo - > Spectre - > Minion damage

5L - Add ''Penetration'' of the mob example if you're a prime lightning spectre user then you're going to be using Revents right? Then you put Lightning penetration, Now when you don't have rev's on your side or the mobs higher then your current Rev's then it will likely be better to replace them when that happens you replace LP with like faster casting. Another choice is Chain which is VERY powerful for clearing if your sentinal user / Rev user.

6L - Free slot

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 23, 2015, 10:15:06 PM
Tree or Riot!

pls :D
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Are knitted horrors and carpets really that good? I don't really play summoners so I wouldn't know, but I thought everyone went either revenants or evangelists these days.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Are knitted horrors and carpets really that good? I don't really play summoners so I wouldn't know, but I thought everyone went either revenants or evangelists these days.

Their pretty god like yeah; Days of Rev were when they were pre-nerfed in that case they were like fucking S+++++ amazing lol

Evenglist are still very good if you want defenses and damage combined since their pure physical; Carpets are very very high tier but are extremly hard to get since Solaris is well a low tier map and getting them in high level area's is a pain in the ass but yeah they are very very good if you're using a chain base spectre spec.

Knitted horror's bleed is like a pre-nerfed puncture basically that pierces everything so it's VERY ridiculous how good they are and you don't even need to spec into them for them to be good which is also a +
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 23, 2015, 11:36:59 AM
This nick name giving is a cute attempt, but just makes it unusable for a "guide". And pushes it to TL;DR
EDIT: never mind. you answered my question in your response to JahIthBer.

"
pre-nerfed puncture basically that pierces everything so it's VERY ridiculous how good they are and you don't even need to spec into them for them to be good which is also a +
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 23, 2015, 12:50:37 PM
When is the last time anyone played with tenticle miscreations? I enjoyed the constant volley of shards back in the day.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
When is the last time anyone played with tenticle miscreations? I enjoyed the constant volley of shards back in the day.

Sure, I've got a generalist spectre setup on some builds so I'm using whatever is available. Skeleton mages with native multiprojectiles are decent enough, so are freeze pulse archivists, watchers are fun too in caster setup, their lightning cone can be pretty snappy with a lot of cast speed, does good damage and also blinds, its AoE sucks though.

Not many attacker spectres are good, mostly due to AI. Knitted Horrors are the best and tentacle miscreations are strong but squishy, miner hammer throwers are similar in that regard. Squirrels would be decent if they didn't run around more than shoot and didn't try to melee enemies all the time, and that goes for spine thrower snakes to some extent. Explosive arrow bandits hit fairly hard but suffer from the same strafing issue. I was pretty happy with brood queens, they have huge range so they usually keep out of harm's way and damage is decent.

With higher phys damage in 2.0 many attacker monsters do comparable damage to casters but poor AI kills the deal.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 23, 2015, 2:26:37 PM
"
1337fun wrote:
This nick name giving is a cute attempt, but just makes it unusable for a "guide". And pushes it to TL;DR

Clearly not people seem to understand it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I remember you scoffing at me for using knitted horrors back in beta.

I SCOFF AT THEE
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info