Compilation of melee / east side of the tree issues

"
Peterlerock wrote:
At lvl 30, you can wear whatever you want/find and still progress.
If you die to spike damage over and over, you need more total life, that's all.

But lvl 30 can hardly be considered a "build" or enlighten a discussion about the advantages of armor, evasion or whatever.

It starts at level 30, and intensifies throughout the whole game, as I said.

But anyway, best thread in the world got posted, this thread can't top it. Evacuate!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1366905/
"
ZeroZ30o wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

I cannot check your chars (im on a phone) but seeing your highest is 74 while mine ev melee chars are 88.. i think it is more of a build issue/error than evasion being 'crap'.

This is coming from someone who has only built characters in the evasion side of the tree for about 370 hours.
The rest of my ~35 hours were spent trying out strength builds, and I can tell you for a fact that it is much easier and superior.

As all but a few of your current roster of characters are Scions, it seems puzzling why you'd focus these builds on the Evasion side of the tree. For a melee fighter, the Scion's Evasion side is the weakest of her three branches, forcing you to waste skill points on inefficient attack speed nodes. The Scion's central starting point currently has major advantages in access to resist, life regen, and jewel nodes, all potentially vital to an Evasion-centered build. Consider this starting tree as a foundation for any Scion melee build:

It's hard to evaluate your Scion builds as they appear disassembled, with missing gems and gear pieces. But in general, a viable melee Evasion build needs to be combined with several additional defenses: HP, Dodge, Fortify, Arctic Armour, Enfeeble, and most importantly Life Regeneration. Evasion's entropy cycle gives you time to regenerate between spike damage hits and that is the key to survival. Extending the above skill tree out to 50 points can give you 8.8% life regen, +87% max life, and direct access to four jewel nodes. If desired, an additional +30% max life is available from six more +5% max life nodes as well:

With 8.8% life regen, you can consider using Blood Rage to automatically generate Frenzy charges, a synergy that works well with the Evasion side of the tree. For an Evasion-based dual-wield melee fighter, I'd go with the following generic build:

That provides +183% max life, 8.8% life regen, +300% evasion, 40% melee dodge, 30% spell dodge, 57% resist-all, 6 Frenzy charges, and access to 5 jewel slots. Notice that virtually no points are wasted on ES, armour, or mana nodes. For shield or 2-hand weapons, the build can be easily modified as needed.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 30, 2015, 5:43:49 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:

As all but a few of your current roster of characters are Scions, it seems puzzling why you'd focus these builds on the Evasion side of the tree. For a melee fighter, the Scion's Evasion side is the weakest of her three branches, forcing you to waste skill points on inefficient attack speed nodes. The Scion's central starting point currently has major advantages in access to resist, life regen, and jewel nodes, all potentially vital to an Evasion-centered build. Consider this starting tree as a foundation for any Scion melee build:

It's hard to evaluate your Scion builds as they appear disassembled, with missing gems and gear pieces. But in general, a viable melee Evasion build needs to be combined with several additional defenses: HP, Dodge, Fortify, Arctic Armour, Enfeeble, and most importantly Life Regeneration. Evasion's entropy cycle gives you time to regenerate between spike damage hits and that is the key to survival. Extending the above skill tree out to 50 points can give you 8.8% life regen, +87% max life, and direct access to four jewel nodes. If desired, an additional +30% max life is available from six more +5% max life nodes as well:

With 8.8% life regen, you can consider using Blood Rage to automatically generate Frenzy charges, a synergy that works well with the Evasion side of the tree. For a generic Evasion-based dual-wield melee fighter, I'd go with the following generic build:

That provides +183% max life, 8.8% life regen, +300% evasion, 40% melee dodge, 30% spell dodge, 57% resist-all, 6 Frenzy charges, and access to 5 jewel slots. Notice that virtually no points are wasted on ES, armour, or mana nodes. For shield or 2-hand weapons, the build can be easily modified as needed.

Again, this isn't about my builds.
Because I want dual wielding daggers with ES and auras. At that point regen is not an option, so I opt for leech, which used to fit well.
I don't give a shit for my builds tho, the whole thread has derivated onto it being about my build instead of it being about the first post.
"
ZeroZ30o wrote:
Because I want dual wielding daggers with ES and auras. At that point regen is not an option, so I opt for leech, which used to fit well.

Sorry, but in Open Beta 2.0, ES is crap, auras are expensive to stack, and life regen is the new leech. No justification, that's just the way GGG wants it.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
ZeroZ30o wrote:

Sorry, but in Open Beta 2.0, ES is crap, auras are expensive to stack, and life regen is the new leech. No justification, that's just the way GGG wants it.

I've noticed. That's the reason of the whole thread: build diversity on the east side of the tree getting De_Stroyed :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info