Compilation of melee / east side of the tree issues

"
ZeroZ30o wrote:

Does this mean the only way to play a leech character is being melee with claws?

You're acting like a child.

Whenever someone is telling you he's doing fine, you're just nitpicking some nonsensical stuff.

PoE has always been changing, meta has been shifting with every major patch, and people have learned to adapt.

Since I'm around, I've seen threads with dozens of pages of crying and bitching and begging about...
*Iron Reflexes is mandatory
*RT is mandatory
*armor is useless
*crit is better than anything
*life builds are screwed
*ES builds are screwed
*hybrid builds are screwed
*physical builds are screwed
*elemental builds are screwed
*totems/traps/selfcast/minions/melee/range/... are at a disadvantage

It's just laughable, because still, through all patches, me and countless other people managed to adapt, have found their way.

Maybe some weird stuff got lost along the way (I'm not trying to get my quite successful pure lightning Hyaon's fury melee witch back to work since I haven't figured out a tree yet), but you can still pick whatever you want in this game, and if you build and itemize correctly, you can make it work.

Just stop running your head against a wall, and start to use it.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
ZeroZ30o wrote:

Does this mean the only way to play a leech character is being melee with claws?

You're acting like a child.

Whenever someone is telling you he's doing fine, you're just nitpicking some nonsensical stuff.

PoE has always been changing, meta has been shifting with every major patch, and people have learned to adapt.

Since I'm around, I've seen threads with dozens of pages of crying and bitching and begging about...
*RT is mandatory
*armor is useless
*life builds are screwed
*ES builds are screwed

It's just laughable, because still, through all patches, me and countless other people managed to adapt, have found their way.

Maybe some weird stuff got lost along the way (I'm not trying to get my quite successful pure lightning Hyaon's fury melee witch back to work since I haven't figured out a tree yet), but you can still pick whatever you want in this game, and if you build and itemize correctly, you can make it work.

I don't know how much you've played, but I would bet that you have about 100 times the currency I do, if not way more. You don't seem to take that into account.
There's a reason all the people are whining, and I think you have too many facilities that let you do what you can do.

Besides, it doesn't sound like you've tried it. I have.
I don't care if I need to drop/change a few things in my build.

You've just attacked me, you haven't given a single argument in defense of those mechanics being solid during levels 1-65 in this post, without extremelly expensive gearing from other players (aka not self-found).

Edit: I haven't answered either.
I'm not nitpicking his build, in fact, his post very much states that arctic armor IS mandatory. That itself says alot about evasion chars - they require some other kind of mitigation.
Last edited by ZeroZ30o on Jul 30, 2015, 4:39:01 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

*RT is mandatory
*armor is useless
*life builds are screwed
*ES builds are screwed

This should be the first page in the PoE handbook

Whenever someone tells you something "isn't viable" "aweful" "instadeath" you should take that as a challenge to say NO. Remember that all these forum posts (even this one) is someone's opinion and they can be wrong.

People always say Cast on Melee Kill is a joke and my Static Strike COMK Arc is definitely my favorite (close to my block Ranger using a bow) and probably my most tanky and best damage as well.

So at least for me if there is a thread 10+ pages long that says evasion is "aweful" you can probably bet the next character I level will be evasion.

I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Jul 30, 2015, 4:41:16 PM
"
ZeroZ30o wrote:
Does this mean the only way to play a leech character is being melee with claws

Right now there's 3 ways to sustain:

-LL gem with VP

Good for ele bows/wanders.

-claw with LGOH implicit

Good for reavers.

-life regen

Good for everyone else.

They all sucks for single target. In this case you use a sapping/bubbling/catalysed eternal.
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
-snip-

This should be the first page in the PoE handbook

Whenever someone tells you something "isn't viable" "aweful" "instadeath" you should take that as a challenge to say NO. Remember that all these forum posts (even this one) is someone's opinion and they can be wrong.

People always say Cast on Melee Kill is a joke and my Static Strike COMK Arc is definitely my favorite (close to my block Ranger using a bow) and probably my most tanky and best damage as well.

So at least for me if there is a thread 10+ pages long that says evasion is "aweful" you can probably bet the next character I level will be evasion.

Please do. Please do a static strike, evasion ES leech dual wielding crit dagger build with the aura nodes, and I will give you all the kudos.
Edit: Ghost reaver, too, and preferrably vaal pact, but that's up to you.

And I mean starting from scratch, of course, and with moderately expensive items (total <15c).

If you do that, then yes, you'd manage to prove me and many other people wrong.

Making a "melee evasion build" is still easy, I'm sure. Giving it more flavour, more variety... that's another story. But, again, I'd love for you to succeed and teach me how, no sarcasm.
Last edited by ZeroZ30o on Jul 30, 2015, 5:02:24 PM
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

Same here.
Dualwielding life based evasion shadow incoming. ;)

---

"
ZeroZ30o wrote:

I don't know how much you've played, but I would bet that you have about 100 times the currency I do, if not way more. You don't seem to take that into account.

Can't tell. Don't really care. Maybe I got some stuff in my standard tabs that is considered very exalt-heavy these days, maybe not. Currency-wise I have like 1 Ex, 10 chaos and some small stuff. :)

"

There's a reason all the people are whining, and I think you have too many facilities that let you do what you can do.

In this forum, it is my honest belief that the main reason for people crying is 99% of the time:
"What I do doesn't work. Change it for me because I don't want to change."
And this thread is a prime example.

"
You've just attacked me, you haven't given a single argument in defense of those mechanics being solid during levels 1-65 in this post, without extremelly expensive gearing from other players (aka not self-found).

Up to maps, countless people make their way with countless builds, using any mechanic in poE. There is nothing to prove for me.

"

That itself says alot about evasion chars - they require some other kind of mitigation.

Captain Obvious?
As anything else in this game. You can't run pure armor, pure ES, pure evasion or whatever.
You have to layer that stuff, use every trick at your disposal: Gear, Gems, Mechanics, positioning... and know your limits.
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jul 30, 2015, 5:02:17 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

"

That itself says alot about evasion chars - they require some other kind of mitigation.

Captain Obvious?
As anything else in this game. You can't run pure armor, pure ES, pure evasion or whatever.
You have to layer that stuff, use every trick at your disposal: Gear, Gems, Mechanics, positioning... and know your limits.

You can run pure armor (and obviously hp, but hp is something common to everyone).

Edit:

"
"

In this forum, it is my honest belief that the main reason for people crying is 99% of the time:
"What I do doesn't work. Change it for me because I don't want to change."
And this thread is a prime example.

It's a compilation of all the issues that they've had with melee and especially the east side of the tree, like the title says.
I'll gladly change, but I've tried, and whereas before I would hit a brick wall at level 60, now I start dying to spike damage at level ~30, and it goes on and on... it never stops, and this is due to the nature of evasion.
When I took Iron Reflexes, this didn't happen. Hence me saying it's better.
Last edited by ZeroZ30o on Jul 30, 2015, 5:08:00 PM
"
ZeroZ30o wrote:

You can run pure armor (and obviously hp, but hp is something common to everyone).

Lol, you're serious?

I would never enter a map with any of my Marauders with pure armor as my sole defense.

Endurance Charges
Immortal Call
Instant Flasks
Fortify
Lightning Coil
Arctic Armor
Taste of Hate
Defensive Curses
Serious life regen/leech

That stuff is pretty useful for armor builds as well, if not required for survival.

You gotta pick at least half of that list, or you'll not have too much fun with your armor build.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
ZeroZ30o wrote:

Lol, you're serious?

I would never enter a map with any of my Marauders with pure armor as my sole defense.

Endurance Charges
Immortal Call
Instant Flasks
Fortify
Lightning Coil
Arctic Armor
Taste of Hate
Defensive Curses
Serious life regen/leech

That stuff is pretty useful for armor builds as well, if not required for survival.

You gotta pick at least half of that list, or you'll not have too much fun with your armor build.

To reiterate:

I'll gladly change, but I've tried, and whereas before I would hit a brick wall at level 60, now I start dying to spike damage at level ~30, and it goes on and on... it never stops, and this is due to the nature of evasion.
When I took Iron Reflexes, this didn't happen. Hence me saying it's better.

tl;dr: I've tried this with 2.0, and evasion got me killed with good rare finds (self found) at around level 30, and on and on throughout the whole leveling process.
Took IR, all my problems went away.
At lvl 30, you can wear whatever you want/find and still progress.
If you die to spike damage over and over, you need more total life, that's all.

But lvl 30 can hardly be considered a "build" or enlighten a discussion about the advantages of armor, evasion or whatever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info