90% - > OH FUCK DEAD

I'm offended that my ES is over 9000, and after managing to make it to level 87, I keep dying over and over again and cant get past 0%.

Fgtaghn!!!! I want my first level 90 QQ.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
naw fuck that lol

I_NO is a master theory-crafter, by keeping her total life pool so low, she is reducing the 30% reservation cost of midnight bargain!

Such skills, much impress!

Also i second the notion of Alterno, most likely confirmation bias, but i also have gotten some wreck combo's just when entering the 95% range in maps :)

Peace,

-Boem-

@bhavv : new ES meta is over 90000 or your build is rendered non-viable.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
But ... I .... How .... EK shadow cannot into Armour (only granite flasks) QQ.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I see a lot of complain about the lost xp when you die in this game.

But I do appreciate it, as an old gamer that grown up with a NES. Video games back then were so short they could be completed in 10-30 min most of the time. So the devellopper had to make the games REALLY hard and frustating to give them lenght.

I'm used to theses hard games and rarely see games that punish the player for messing up nowaday, and I miss that. There are so few games that dare punish the player just a little bit now that I enjoy little things like this :) it remind me of my childhood
The problem is that mob damage in this game is super spikey. You can be fine most of the time, then suddenly be one shotted / surrounded by mobs due to lag and reeeep.

Most other games with a similar death penalty tend to at least be a lot fairer on the player.

- PoE TOS.
With that lifepool it´s your own fault!
"
bhavv wrote:
The problem is that mob damage in this game is super spikey. You can be fine most of the time, then suddenly be one shotted / surrounded by mobs due to lag and reeeep.

Most other games with a similar death penalty tend to at least be a lot fairer on the player.

Ever played Diablo 2 and Diablo 1 this was exactly the same thing but in way wayyyy more worse... in D1 your entire equipment and loot in inventory and gold dropped when you died.

Like I said I do enjoy a little frustation wall once in a while, it may not be the same for a new generation of gamers but... yeah video games were like that before, and I miss that terribly
"
diablofdb wrote:

But I do appreciate it, as an old gamer that grown up with a NES. Video games back then were so short they could be completed in 10-30 min most of the time. So the devellopper had to make the games REALLY hard and frustating to give them lenght.

I'm used to theses hard games and rarely see games that punish the player for messing up nowaday, and I miss that. There are so few games that dare punish the player just a little bit now that I enjoy little things like this :) it remind me of my childhood

You enjoy being punished? That's weird to me.

The problem with the experience penalty on this game is it's too harsh. One death - which can often result from lag or a freak accident - and you can literally lose weeks of work at higher levels. That's unacceptable to anyone who values their time. So what it ends up doing is encouraging players to avoid dangerous situations (such as skipping bosses etc.).

So the reality is the experience penalty doesn't add any challenge to this game at all. In fact: it does the opposite and causes players not to challenge themselves with dangerous content because the risks simply aren't worth it.

It's why I quit this game in the past and why I'll probably end up quiting it again in the future. I do believe this game would be more enjoyable without the experience penalty. In the end that's what games are suppose to be about: having fun not being punished.
Last edited by Berylstone on Jul 26, 2015, 2:10:51 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

Ever played Diablo 2 and Diablo 1 this was exactly the same thing but in way wayyyy more worse... in D1 your entire equipment and loot in inventory and gold dropped when you died.

Like I said I do enjoy a little frustation wall once in a while, it may not be the same for a new generation of gamers but... yeah video games were like that before, and I miss that terribly

In Diablo 2 there was a bug in PvP where sometimes if you died all of your gear + inventory would land on the ground. It happened to me once: and I got to watch everyone descend like vultures and steal all of my equipment which I had invested years into collecting. I broke the CD in half and melted it in my fireplace after this occurred. Haven't touched the game since.

How anyone can miss crap like that is beyond my ability to comprehend. Excessively punishing the player will just make most players quit your game.
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

You enjoy being punished? That's weird to me.

The problem with the experience penalty on this game is it's too harsh. One death - which can often result from lag or a freak accident - and you can literally lose weeks of work at higher levels. That's unacceptable to anyone who values their time. So what it ends up doing is encouraging players to avoid dangerous situations (such as skipping bosses etc.).

So the reality is the experience penalty doesn't add any challenge to this game at all. In fact: it does the opposite and causes players not to challenge themselves with dangerous content because the risks simply aren't worth it.

It's why I quit this game in the past and why I'll probably end up quiting it again in the future. I do believe this game would be more enjoyable without the experience penalty. In the end that's what games are suppose to be about: having fun not being punished.

yeah I know it sound weird said like that. Let's rephrase it and say simple I do enjoy challenge and hitting walls in games getting stuck somewhere and need to think to progress further.

And there is a lot of ppl in POE who also enjoy theses challenges as much as me, but what I do find weird is how many ppl would prefer facerolling the entire game being godly powerfull and able to sit and facetank litteraly ALL bosses without dying :)

Everytime there is something that pose a challenge in the game there is ppl crying about it and I find is rather sad. Challenges is what's keep me coming for a game, once I've did everything it's no more fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info