hmmm. some kind of intro/tutorial at the beginning would be nice...

"
Reinhart wrote:
I am not really a fan of integrating a tutorial in the game itself. Ruins immersion. Games from the old days used to have a different tutorial section apart from the main game. That is the way it is done best.

All relevant information is/should be on the official website:
https://www.pathofexile.com/game

Oh yeah sure... of course... a 5 minute tutorial will completly ruin the immersion of a game you will play for 100hours or more.

ZOMFG I HAVE TO PLAY A TUTORIAL... WORST GAME EVAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!222222222222222222twotwentytwo
Personally I would have thought making an into segment of some description would be the first thing you would do when making a game of any level of complexity.
So that people of any level can play with no issues.

I find for myself that a quick intro segment teaches me a lot faster than a handbook or a video would.

anyway.
Its just a suggestion really.

would prove valuable to be able to have just anyone be able to play as soon as they begin.

*create character name
*go to menu
*choose from options
eg: play, introduction, credits, exit etc....

if you are an un-skilled player an intro segment would prove invaluable to the game and open up a potential for new users.

From the land of new zeal. Just here to stalk the forums.
How is Twilight Strand not already an into? If you have a double digit IQ you shouldn't have an issue.
Who doesn't have a double digit IQ?

However, while basic whacking and casting is covered in Twilight Strand, some crucial things like skill assignment, defensive concepts, links, supports, terminology (casting EK is not an attack, only attacks with weapons are attacks - but actually when I cast a fireball at an enemy that is an attack, but not as far as PoE mechanics are concerned).
And if you haven't played Diablo or a similar game before, then everything is rather complicated.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

However, while basic whacking and casting is covered in Twilight Strand, some crucial things like skill assignment, defensive concepts, links, supports, terminology (casting EK is not an attack, only attacks with weapons are attacks - but actually when I cast a fireball at an enemy that is an attack, but not as far as PoE mechanics are concerned).
And if you haven't played Diablo or a similar game before, then everything is rather complicated.

I have a triple digit IQ. Thanks.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

I have a triple digit IQ. Thanks.

Yes, but the rest of the world doesn't use base three.
this is way off, but... LOL :D

"
Helvetica wrote:

*create character name
*go to menu
*choose from options
eg: play, introduction, credits, exit etc....

this is a good idea, imo, options maybe even before creating a character

Would be a constant walk on the edge between information and keeping it short.

I'd also like a possibility to watch the credits with an option to jump back and forth. Let it be gated behind "having to kill the endboss once". With such a menue, you could grey out the credits until the challenge is checked.
Id love to watch the credits and the good music but it's so damned fucking long... I had it running for like 30 minutes once and I still have no clue what the total lengh is :)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
I am going to ignore the guy that says that "unless you have a double digit IQ you should be able to play"
because frankly how smart or how stupid you are shouldn't effect how well versed you are in actual game play.

for someone like myself who is smart, and skilled in other ways (ways that don't really involve gaming) is stuck not knowing what to do since there are no instructions......

anyway, yes! I would love to be able to read the credits separately as well. that would be amazing!
From the land of new zeal. Just here to stalk the forums.
I don't want any kind of in-game tutorial.. or tools or references of any sort. But my reasons are likely not popular opinion, so I'm A-Okay if GGG does decide to do anything like this (i.e., I hope you get what you want even if I disagree ^-^).

My reason is that I like that the weight of choices in PoE is backed by this meta-meta game of research. That the game assumes you know everything, provides an entire secondary game outside of the game that can be played any time. This is pretty unique and something I consider a "feature" of PoE, but I mean, again, I doubt many other people feel the same way about it as I do.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
By saying intro i thought you meant a cinematics and not a tutorial :)
But for a real intro, i would love to see this ingame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWDd_HkulEg
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info