[2.0] MF | Dual Flame Totem | BM | Mapper | 56 IIQ/340 IIR

"
WolvesCreed wrote:
How are you guys dealing with the resistances with this build? I'm currently sitting at around 60 each res which I dont feel to be even nearly enough, and only 2.6k life. This build is getting expensive to survive easier.

I use jewels to cap the resistances.
"
Nazzaar wrote:
"
WolvesCreed wrote:
How are you guys dealing with the resistances with this build? I'm currently sitting at around 60 each res which I dont feel to be even nearly enough, and only 2.6k life. This build is getting expensive to survive easier.

I use jewels to cap the resistances.

Perhaps I just need levels then as I still need Jewel nodes and more life nodes.

Guys just my 2 cents about this glass cannon :)

get rid of this crappy belt - replace it with leather belt with life/res ,nice one will skyrocket your hp/res

life nodes arent good without flat life from gear
"
D_Caesar wrote:
what is your dps?

in which map did it dropped?

I tried this build without goldwyrm (about 34 iiq) and about 170 iir and farming rare or magic 68-70 maps didn't gave me so many better drops than more thanky, more dps and less mf option (0 iiq + 140 iir)
and i didn't always dropped an alch and a map

Stats:
Spoiler

It dropped in Dried Lake which is an excellent place to farm.
The area contains tons of small mobs so I can keep Vaal Haste up almost the whole time. I use 2 movement speed flasks as well. Runs are really fast and the IIQ/IIR bonuses make up for the fact that I'm not mapping. I was actually trying to get Brittle Emporer cards but the game decided to never give me one despite 1200 runs and gave me a mjolner instead. Dried lake never gets dry ;)
Finally got a 21 after ~6 attempts. Now DPS is 17600 without any auras. :)

By the way, I also farm Dried Lake a lot. Weak mobs, many blue packs, good density and boss drops a lot of items. Yesterday got Empire's Grasp there. Sold it today for 6 ex. :) now have 52ex from just this build.
So yeah, high-five to other Lake farmers :D and gratz on Mjolner. :)

I am currently farming Dried Lake, too. :)
We Lakers should all play in a party.
"
Nazzaar wrote:

Since you are mentioning this, I guess, you are not using BM keystone? How did you make this work?
"
CadEx wrote:
"
Nazzaar wrote:

Since you are mentioning this, I guess, you are not using BM keystone? How did you make this work?

I am using it. :) my passive tree is almost the same as AlexUngur's. There are few minor differences to suit my build more.

What I am not using though, is Sire of Shards and Greed's Embrace. I posted my gear here a week ago. Now it has changed a bit though.

One major thing is that I am using empower lvl 3 instead of faster projectiles. That adds a lot of dps. With lvl 4 it would be even sicker. So the potential is there. However, without faster projectiles the range of my totems was pretty low and thus clearspeed suffered a lot. So i got these two beauties:

Good cast speed, decent damage but the biggest improvement from my last weapons, which posted in previous page, is projectile speed. Together these items add 69% and that is exactly the same as from lvl 20 faster projectiles gem. And of course they alone also add more damage than Sire of shards.

Also, instead of greed's embrace I am using Infernal Mantle which is also linked in previous page and adds another level to my flame totem. In theory, it is also possible to corrupt Infernal Mantle and make it add another +1 level to gems. That + empower 4 + flame totem 21 would make flame totem lvl 27. Pretty sick. :D

Anyway, as someone who had 6L Sire, I can say that personally I like my current setup way more. Clear speed is better, damage is better, bosses just melt and the potential is much bigger. It has another advantage: 6L sire costs >30 ex. Good rolls even more. Two wands like this <5 ex. I payed 1ex for one and 30c for the other. And for 6L Mantle I paid 22ex. So yeah. Much cheaper.
Wow, thanks for the detailed answer! That is really valuable information right there. Especially, that you found a better setup than Sire of Shards. I have Infernal Mantle btw. :)

How much fire damage can a wand or any one handed weapon add to spells? I have a staff that adds 46-92. If a staff can roll increased projectile speed, you could get the rest with http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Karui_Ward, which would also help with +10% movement speed, since Aurseize und Greed's Embrace reduce movement speed.

Staffs can also roll "+2 levels to socketed gems" iirc.
And a staff would have up to 6 links. :)

With these considerations, do you think a staff could likely improve your current setup?
Not sure. But two wands still add more than a staff. Same goes for spell damage as well. So you can get more damage by using two wands. And no, only wands, quivers and bows can add projectile speed. :) and Karui Ward would hurt my magic find. Which I do not want. It is afterall a MF build. Also, it doesn't have defensive stats. Not worth in my opinion.

Also, since I am not using greed's or aurseize and since I have phase run and flame dash in my setup and two quicksilver flasks most of the time, my speed is quite fine. :)

And don't really need another 6L. Nothing to use it for really. Mantle is good enough for that.

So yeah, I don't think it could improve anything. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info