[2.0] MF | Dual Flame Totem | BM | Mapper | 56 IIQ/340 IIR

Ok, so today is exactly one month since I have started playing my adaptation of this build and I decided to do a quick summary. Some weeks I played more, some less but overall I am quite happy with the results. Currently I have 121 exalted orbs in my stash, and if I would sell other currencies, the amount would reach about 155 exalts. And all this without uniques and other items that sit in the stash. Also, there is about 70 exalts on my character.
So overall, I managed to make more than 220 exalts over one month with my character. Started with 5 exalts. Best drop was Emberwake that I sold for 10ex. Now it's worth less. It also shows that you don't need big drops to build a bank with mf build.

Maybe I should make a guide myself since my adaptation transitioned quite far from the build listed here. Mostly item wise. Also me and those that tried this adaptation find it to be stronger. Especially at higher levels. It's also cheaper as well. So yeah, if anyone is interested tell me.
I probably wouldn't consider this if Alex was still active since his build is good enough to start building wealth but he is not. And he somehow got banned as well.

I should also note that I will probably play this character less now and start investing the currency that I made into something else, more powerful. Even though it will be hard. Since I like efficiency and mfing is super efficient way to play this game long term.
"
Nazzaar wrote:
Ok, so today is exactly one month since I have started playing my adaptation of this build and I decided to do a quick summary. Some weeks I played more, some less but overall I am quite happy with the results. Currently I have 121 exalted orbs in my stash, and if I would sell other currencies, the amount would reach about 155 exalts. And all this without uniques and other items that sit in the stash. Also, there is about 70 exalts on my character.
So overall, I managed to make more than 220 exalts over one month with my character. Started with 5 exalts. Best drop was Emberwake that I sold for 10ex. Now it's worth less. It also shows that you don't need big drops to build a bank with mf build.

Maybe I should make a guide myself since my adaptation transitioned quite far from the build listed here. Mostly item wise. Also me and those that tried this adaptation find it to be stronger. Especially at higher levels. It's also cheaper as well. So yeah, if anyone is interested tell me.
I probably wouldn't consider this if Alex was still active since his build is good enough to start building wealth but he is not. And he somehow got banned as well.

I should also note that I will probably play this character less now and start investing the currency that I made into something else, more powerful. Even though it will be hard. Since I like efficiency and mfing is super efficient way to play this game long term.

at least dont make your profile private, so everybody can see your gear and gem setup
My gear is posted in previous pages. As for the gems, I don't have an optimal setup yet since I am leveling a bunch of flame totems. Like 6 or 7 of them. 130mils left until they are 20. Then I will start working towards optimal setup.
"
Nazzaar wrote:
My gear is posted in previous pages. As for the gems, I don't have an optimal setup yet since I am leveling a bunch of flame totems. Like 6 or 7 of them. 130mils left until they are 20. Then I will start working towards optimal setup.

So you dont miss the extra 40 iir and 10 iiq from Greed's embrace? Not even a 40 iir from a shield and culling strike from a wand?

Im using:

DPS sitting at around 9k. Its a little low, but its working.
Farming dried lake pretty easily, smoothly doing 72 rare maps.

Anyone tried farming corrupted zones for uniques from the boss and midnights?
Last edited by anakkk on Sep 2, 2015, 12:30:48 PM
MF is not everything man. You probably have already heard a saying "clear speed is the best mf". Many say that. And there is some truth in this. Greed's slow you down and doesn't really benefit the offense or defense. plus do not forget that the higher the IIQ or IIR number, the more the returns are diminished. having in mind the fact that the rest of the gear is packed with MF, you really aren't benefitting from it as much as you might think. Unless your goal is to reach high mf numbers, I would say there are better options. I never regretted switching from my near perfect Greed's to Infernal Mantle. Even though after some point it is probably not the BiS either. But I like the additional damage + 700 energy shield and no speed reductions.

Similar reasoning for using shield. It doesn't benefit the clear speed. And since we are not evasion based nor having acrobatics, the additional block chance might not be worth it either. Another wand would give more aoe + damage thus faster clearspeed, faster boss kills.

Here is another important point on why I am not that keen on using greed's or shield NOW:
In the beginning most of my exalts would come from selling alterations thus finding more rare items was really beneficial. Because of that using shield and greed's in the beginning, when you don't have that much currency is beneficial and I recommend that. Once you start doing maps, however, you cannot take all the rares that you find and sell them. You only have 6 portals to do that. And even without the shield or greed's I almost always get more than 6 portals worth of rares and I have to select what to pick and what not.

I don't need culling strike since I don't play in parties. Playing solo is more efficient. Less fun, but definitely more efficient.

Also, what do you mean by "farming corrupted zones" ? Running sac fragments?

EDIT: I assume everyone that plays MF characters knows about diminishing returns, but in case someone doesn't, here are few good threads that explain it: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2xn0xq/analysis_on_the_effectiveness_of_increased_item/

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/725812
Last edited by Nazzaar on Sep 2, 2015, 1:37:21 PM
I'd be very interested in seeing a guide on your version of this MF build :)
"
Nazzaar wrote:
MF is not everything man. You probably have already heard a saying "clear speed is the best mf". Many say that. And there is some truth in this.

I just presume that since we're playing a MF setup, its more efficient to use a full MF setup.
But i'll give it a shot. Let's see.

"
Nazzaar wrote:
Also, what do you mean by "farming corrupted zones" ? Running sac fragments?

Yes, running sac frag on your map device. Its a very small place with a boss, and 90% of the time you earn a sacrifice at the end, which allows you to continue the cicle. Midnights would be a bonus.
Yeah, rotating sacs is a good idea. Whenever I get too much of one piece, I always run it and usually get another piece.
Great tips in this thread and if you have time then a full guide on your variant would be great Nazzaar, especially considering the author of this thread won't be updating it.
Last edited by SzejkM8 on Sep 4, 2015, 3:05:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info