Petition to un-nerf revenants

"
Eranicus wrote:
Take 78 map make it 6+ mods. Go clean it and check the time it took you, then think how many maps you would clean in that time with other ~10ex builds.

Spectre summoner is a defensive build, extremely budget, why would I expect stellar clear speeds?

"
Eranicus wrote:
Take 78 map make it 6+ mods. Go clean it and check the time it took you, then think how many maps you would clean in that time with other ~10ex builds.

This.

Summoners aren't as gear dependent, which means they'll never be as powerful as other classes that are.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
They made them completely worthless that's the entire point we expected a nerf understand ''summoner bro''? Sure we really did, WE ALL saw it coming but not to the point where it was completely worthless where you wouldn't use it.

Case and point.

Those completely worthless spectres are still clearing 76+ maps in Tempest.

Also they can clear a Ubber Atziri, Wich make the summoners pretty strong. From 2.0.0 I think summoners were boosted up by a lot with the Jewels mods. Also the Curses are damn strong with the new passive tree if you play a multi-curse summoner like I do, you'll find yourself in a pretty strong position and that is really strong late game.

have you personally done uber or are these claims from summoner builds that happen to also be using srs which is already known as the most efficient atziri killer in the game.

you make it sound like specters are the bread winner of single target. do you even know how much damage they actually do and how much damage the other minions do?

people seem to forget that specters are your trash mob killers. that is what they do well and that is pretty much all they do well. So when i see some one claim that specters killed uber atizri (most certainly not a trash mob).

It makes me question their source material because they are most certainly not giving out the whole picture
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 23, 2015, 1:36:03 PM
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
I can make them work too; but it doesn't mean they can beat other spectre's; Man don't try to use logic on me guy for god sakes I have everything a summoner could possibly want.

And why do they have to be 50% better than other spectres?

You know this is something I'm really happy about the nerf, because right now I'm using the lanternbearer, but could also use evangelists equally and few others. I prefer having a variety of choice, not only picking the "Singly super strong over the top specter"
Threads like these make me wonder, are there actually no summoners in the game that summon spectre's in there maps?

you know, taking the full creep scaling benefit of the gem with them?

It seems so flawed to expect lvl 70 content to perform "rektyoloblazescreenwipe" in a 78+ map.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
are you refering to the specters them selves or the curses that make anything hit like a truck?

just for reference , the standard curse setup for a summoner will:

reduce the resistances of mobs by over 100% to a certain element.... so yeah not every build uses that set up so please clarify which build is using them to clear 76s

Obviously summoner damage will have to be balanced with all these supportive methods in mind, that's what summoner is about, since he doesn't deal damage himself and has freedom to cast supportive abilities.
Or do you suggest spectre damage be increased to those levels without support, and prevent summoners from supporting their minions in those ways? I don't really understand your point.

Last edited by Zed_ on Jul 23, 2015, 1:36:21 PM
"

Are you serious right now? We're complaining about well least I am that they made it W O R T H L E S S understand? It's GARBAGE like they said ''TO not NERF'' spectre's THEY NERFED it understand that? That's bull alright look if you're planning to NOT nerf something then say oh the intention wasn't to nerf them but obviously they were nerfed. That's what pisses me off at least reword the thing before you know putting it to the public.

Like once more I'm in full god tier gear alright like a summoners dream basically and anyone whos watched me stream yestoday will tell you; They my as well removed them from the game because these things couldn't even kill a fucking elreon relic with SUPER wrath + Lightning penetration etc WITH A 6L

They made them completely worthless that's the entire point we expected a nerf understand ''summoner bro''? Sure we really did, WE ALL saw it coming but not to the point where it was completely worthless where you wouldn't use it.

Case and point.

Let's just clear one thing because there is apparently reading comprehension failure at play here.

"
Chris wrote:
[li]Stygian Revenants now fire three lightning projectiles (down from five), and deal 30% less damage with them. Their revived minions now explode for 20% less damage. These monsters were extremely efficient at killing players. This purpose of this change is to prevent mass extinction of exiles, rather than to nerf them as spectres.[/li]

Last sentence explains reasoning why revenant monster type was nerfed. It was nerfed because it was too powerful and out of line with other mobs. It was too good at killing players. Specters are directly as powerful as is the orginal monster, from which they are raised. If the reduction to bring them in line had to be so severe that they are suddenly useless, it is unfortunate for summoners but necessary for health of the game.

I understand how you feel when your toy was taken away from you. We all were there during beta. This is worse because it happens on live but it was necessary. Any encounter with this monster in mid-tier maps was a desperate fight for survival.

Now, look at the bright side, it is easier to grab those lantern guys from mines :P
"

Yeah... unfortunately I thought the nerf wasn't too severe until I tested it and I apologize if I did say they were still viable.

no need to apologize, I was teasing. i dont play a summoner I do think they over nerfed them, dmg nerf on top of the projectile nerf.

they should find a better way to balance them instead of nerf in them
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
are you refering to the specters them selves or the curses that make anything hit like a truck?

just for reference , the standard curse setup for a summoner will:

reduce the resistances of mobs by over 100% to a certain element.... so yeah not every build uses that set up so please clarify which build is using them to clear 76s

Obviously summoner damage will have to be balanced with all these supportive methods in mind, that's what summoner is about, since he doesn't deal damage himself and has freedom to cast supportive abilities.
Or do you suggest spectre damage be increased to those levels without support, and prevent summoners from supporting their minions in those ways? I don't really understand your point.

a skill needs to stand on its own prior to anything else , otherwise what is stopping someone from using a skill that does actually stand on its own.

"
Boem wrote:
Threads like these make me wonder, are there actually no summoners in the game that summon spectre's in there maps?

you know, taking the full creep scaling benefit of the gem with them?

It seems so flawed to expect lvl 70 content to perform "rektyoloblazescreenwipe" in a 78+ map.

Peace,

-Boem-

Is it , if i recall correctly every level 20 gem in the game is designed with a level 68 requirement, they are level 68 bases. yet they seem to do pretty darn well in 78 content.

why should we expect anything less from specters, my zombies dont scale to 78 in a 78 they are level 70 and are doing quite well.

and maps are inherently unpredictable. you cant count on a particular mob being present and you cant count on a particular mob being good enough to work well with your build.

contrary to popular believe having a tabula rasa is not an end game aspiration for summoners, we dont get enough generic damage gems to use any corpse on the ground as a specter. and having to change sockets to get an optimal skill set up is unreasonable.

it is impractical , that is why no one but you seems to do the specter in a map as you go thing. it is inefficient , it is impractical.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 23, 2015, 1:46:15 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Eranicus wrote:

This.

Summoners aren't as gear dependent, which means they'll never be as powerful as other classes that are.

Well once you get the Gear for your summoner you can clear as fast as pretty much all builds. But at the same time you clear it in a really safer way (having your army in front of you), and if you are unlucky enough to have bad gear you can still rock because it is not rellying as much as most builds on the gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info