how the f*** to sustain boss fights/single target as shadow?

Yeah, I've never played PoE to copy the strongest build someone else made, I have never copied a build and never would. that's a boring fucking way to play PoE in my opinion, you know it works obviously...so why are you doing it again? there is no satisfaction.

also pretty sure life/es hybrid was how ggg intended energy shield to work in the first place as a literal "shield"and buffer for your hp pool that is dispensable and recharges rapidly, it's almost exactly like the energy shield from halo, I know weird comparison but that's how I think of it.
"
Saltygames wrote:
for super fast attack builds:

Life on hit has been stealth nerfed into the ground.

1. There are two types of life on hit variations now, the common one which includes the life on hit gem and the claw life on hit no longer applies to EVERY enemy hit, but only to each attack, or section of an attack that hits, so ice crashing into 40 enemies with 30 life on hit from a gem will not give 1200 hp but only 90 hp.

2. Life on hit and life leech from claws is no longer global, unlike a dagger's implicit mod, as such it no longer applies to a main hand swing if the claw is in the offhand or vice-versa.

3. The life on hit variation that does apply to every enemy hit is the one that caps at 5~ish press control F and type life on hit but I am unsure as of yet to which items it is exclusive, as they share the exact name in game.

Regardless, regular life on hit is dead now, 1% life leech is 20 times stronger then 30 life on hit if you have like 5k deeps or so, now, because it stacks with itself.

Edit* unless you have 10 attacks per second with 2 or 3 hits per attack (eg: molten strike being two hits cause of shotgun nerf; wildstrike potentially reaching 3.5 hits or so) in which case it's barely the same, unless the life leech in question is twinked with skills in the tree or is Vaal Pacted, at which point life leech reaches infinity.

"
gilrad wrote:

Word salad leech from to within max life stuff nipple salad - This adds to your total leech per second cap. It starts at 20%, and with full south-tree investment, you can pick up an additional 13% for a total of 33%.

I blew a coffee rainbow reading this. ;-)
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
Last edited by MegaDeth666 on Jul 23, 2015, 4:17:17 AM
Warlords mark and LL gem is 4% instant leech if you take Vaal Pack.

Got a buff if you think about it.

In past all I'd usually run is a LL gem for 8.9% but that was cut down .40 to 3.56%

4% > 3.56%

My suggestion is Whirling blades or flicker + Fortify + curse on hit + warlords mark in 4L

Zoom to boss and enjoy more mitigation and more leech.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 23, 2015, 3:43:37 AM
Shit, I rely almost purely on life on hit. I've only got 2.9k hp in Merc Act 2, my biggest fear is getting one shot by something. If I don't get one shot as long as I keep swinging at stuff, I am nigh unkillable.

On a side note, when I get more regs I really need to tweak this tree. Started off focused...for the past 20+ pts I've just been taking things in what helps now as opposed to what I actually need to head for. But ye!
"
MegaDeth666 wrote:

1. There are two types of life on hit variations now, the common one which includes the life on hit gem and the claw life on hit no longer applies to EVERY enemy hit, but only to each attack, or section of an attack that hits, so ice crashing into 40 enemies with 30 life on hit from a gem will not give 1200 hp but only 90 hp.

source for this? where did u see this change?
"
Z_Fighters wrote:
Yeah, I've never played PoE to copy the strongest build someone else made, I have never copied a build and never would. that's a boring fucking way to play PoE in my opinion, you know it works obviously...so why are you doing it again? there is no satisfaction.

also pretty sure life/es hybrid was how ggg intended energy shield to work in the first place as a literal "shield"and buffer for your hp pool that is dispensable and recharges rapidly, it's almost exactly like the energy shield from halo, I know weird comparison but that's how I think of it.

I've never copied another person's build as well, so good for you I guess?
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I think you're supposed to teleport to town to refill flasks... Not sure...
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
MegaDeth666 wrote:

Tested it out myself , as such I could be 100% wrong.

It may have something to do with the shotgun nerf and as such it could be unintended and potentially fixed. Just swap a life on hit gem with a life leech gem on a swift attacker, the difference is astronomical.

But since the damage in normal and cruel is so low , casual players don't notice and on merciless players have already specced into life leech , giving the impression that their life on hit stats still work.

Personally, I blame the closed beta. Cause now we have to beta test what the closed beta testers refused to test.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
"
MegaDeth666 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
MegaDeth666 wrote:

It may have something to do with the shotgun nerf and as such it could be unintended and potentially fixed. Just swap a life on hit gem with a life leech gem on a swift attacker, the difference is astronomical.

But since the damage in normal and cruel is so low , casual players don't notice and on merciless players have already specced into life leech , giving the impression that their life on hit stats still work.

Personally, I blame the closed beta. Cause now we have to beta test what the closed beta testers refused to test.

you are in fact 100% wrong.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
MegaDeth666 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
MegaDeth666 wrote:

You can stop blaming things cus you're just plain wrong lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info