[2.1 Updated] Nurbel´s Righteous Will Spellcaster (130k+ DPS, 6k+ Life, 16k+ Armor)[V- 3.0]

"
Nice guide ;)

Thank you :P

"
redfuse wrote:
I would love to try this build. Can you give me and everyone maybe a leveling guide maybe how to spend the points every 30 points or so?

Hey redfuse, thanks for your interest.
Since i specced into this build, i have no actual footage of leveling this Build. I might do that in the future to give proper information for an "How to level this build" guide. But i will do my best to update the Guide with an leveling section Today or Tomorrow, with detailed information from my decisions of "why i picked that yet and this later" ect.

But here are some points of tips you can use when u want to start earlier:

Level as EK Caster and add iron will later, but get the gem and level it in the off weapon. It´s level 12 so you can start early with it, but you need Strength amulet and Strength on gear (when u have Astramentis, this would be easier).

Start as scion and head to the Shadow area first. Pick up Phys Damage, life and most important Projectile Speed. Head to ranger and Take the Notable with Projectile speed. This helps you to clear packs more efficient. Pick up the life regen/life notable for more comfort if you want.

You dont want to run your spells as Blood magic till you have a decent life pool and take full advantage on regen. So take Hatred only as your aura to support EK. Link EK with added fire, spell echo and iron will/mana leech later.

You want to transition into Blood magic about act 4 cruel, when mobs start hitting hard with phys damage, so you can run Hatred and Grace together with your skills on Blood magic. So left the scion starting area left for life regen and take the shortest path left between Templar/marauder, go down Marauder and pick up some life and head to the duelist area. When you take the shortest path you would are about lvl 49 to get iron reflexes. At this time you can also run you skills on blood magic, because you have a decent amount of life and 5% life regen already and your next skill points should be life aswell. Fill out the proj damage nodes on duelist and start to get life/life regen and the 1%max fire res in the marauder area. At level 65 you can use rise of the phoenix, but i would not run Righteous fire before you get atleast 87% max fire res with all life regen nodes. When you want to use Blood Dance, you might want to run RF at lvl 65. But you have to keep in mind that your life regen is not that high yet and casting ek might drop your life pool.

This should be enough for the moment, i will take my time between Races and getting lvl 93 to make a proper leveling guide.

"
Hey nice build dude, might be respecting my summoner scion tomorrow and this is definitely on the list :)
Fantastic :)

cheers
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Last edited by Nurbel on Jul 25, 2015, 9:19:07 AM
Bump, Leveling Section added. Still under Construction, but it should work for now

Firstly excuse my English it's not my first language.

Very nice guide man. Awesome work. I'm here to share my take on your base build.

Absolutely wonderful build, I would just like to add, please use jewels, 1 jewel slot is almost twice or three times more efficient than normal skill points. Well rolled jewels are OP.

So I always liked EK it was ZiggyD's EK build that got me into this game. Saw this guide I decided to respec my scion lvl92 into this.

Works great I got some stuff lying around got 66k dps EK buffed without atziri flask.

Then somehow I dont feel like I like the EK play style any more.

I was bored so I was playing around with this today. My favourite style was incinerate in 1.3 so I decided to respec this into incinerate.

WITHOUT ONE SINGLE REGRET SPENT ON THE TREE, I GOT 26K INCINERATE WITH LMP AND FIRE PEN.

I think you have discovered how broken iron will currently is, it might be nerfed soon.

After respec I got 41k incinerate buffed without atziri flask now.

This is just insane, everything dies twice as fast as with EK. Tree if anyone is interested.

Last edited by naderni on Jul 26, 2015, 12:17:32 AM
Hi naderni,

very nice Incinerate DPS. The Tree works with with 6 regrets aswell for Elemental Damage based Projectile Spells. I am not a Fan of Incinerate, but i might try it too, because this looks absolutely awesome too.

I played myself the ZiggyD-MoM-AA-EK Build a long time and i love EK :)

Iron Will was never bad, but the Changes with 2.0 to the Gem are nice, because now you get Spellpower instead of lowering the Cast Time Reduction. At lvl 20, pre 2.0, Iron will had no Casttime decreases anymore.

Together with the Tree, the Life you gain from Strength alone and the Spell Damage from Iron will, makes this Build insanely Tanky and fun to play.

Can i Add your post and Tree to the Guide on the End as an Variation?

Thanks for your Sharing!

This looks very nice, but an obvious question arises: Why aren't you using more jewels? Why stick with only one?

Looking at the skill tree, there are an additional three jewels slots that would cost you one skill point each and three that would cost you two skill points each for jewel slot+10STR. So they allow you to spend 9 skill points on 6 jewels and 30 STR.

At the same time, you are spending single skill points on individual 10% projectile damage and 10% spell damage nodes that aren't required to reach anything more valuable, and it is trivial to craft jewels that are worth more than this as even a single damage prefix or suffix provides at least 10% damage.

Not required for linking purposes you spend 3 points on total +30% spell damage in the left side of the tree, 1 point on 10% projectile in the bottom part and 5 points for 57% projectile damage + 12 life in the right side. So 9 points for 97% damage and 12 life..... vs 6 jewels and 30 STR for the same skill point expenditure.

That's a really poor investment compared to what's available to you using merely magic jewels with a useful prefix and suffix, and abysmally poor compared to using good rare jewels with three useful stats.

E.g. non-blood dance variant
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jul 26, 2015, 8:03:59 AM
"
Nurbel wrote:
Hi naderni,

very nice Incinerate DPS. The Tree works with with 6 regrets aswell for Elemental Damage based Projectile Spells. I am not a Fan of Incinerate, but i might try it too, because this looks absolutely awesome too.

I played myself the ZiggyD-MoM-AA-EK Build a long time and i love EK :)

Iron Will was never bad, but the Changes with 2.0 to the Gem are nice, because now you get Spellpower instead of lowering the Cast Time Reduction. At lvl 20, pre 2.0, Iron will had no Casttime decreases anymore.

Together with the Tree, the Life you gain from Strength alone and the Spell Damage from Iron will, makes this Build insanely Tanky and fun to play.

Can i Add your post and Tree to the Guide on the End as an Variation?

Thanks for your Sharing!

No problem!

Come to think about it, maybe it is incinerate that needs a nerf.

I got around 65k ish with lvl20EK and lvl3 empower with your tree and four mediocre jewels, no atziri flask. Should be able to hit 70k with 21EK and 4empower, but that costs too much. Budget gear with the tree should get 40k ish dps with EK, and that is more than enough for regular mapping. Jewels are very strong now you can easily get 4-5 jew slots with your tree, just spec out of 10%spell damage and some 5%life nodes. Additionally heart of oak is not really needed since with blood dance we already have more life regen, and we cannot be stun.

With
alone I get 23k armor, can always use warlord mask for endurance charges for more tankiness.

Spoiler

Awesome build man, Im having a blast with incinerate again with this RF/iron will concept. I suggest you try it when you have time:)
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
This looks very nice, but an obvious question arises: Why aren't you using more jewels? Why stick with only one?
...[/url]

Hi,

i know that Jewels are insanely Strong. I did not care to much at this time, because i focus on the Build itself. This Build works without another Jewels, but can be even better with good rolled ones. I set my focus first on getting lvl 4 empower (which i luckily corrupted today :)) and getting my other gems to 20/20 (Added Fire, Spell Echo. Both are not ready at this point)

I go more into detail in the Future, maybe today, because i am using 2 more jewels right now and doing some experiments with more. I rolled myself a decent +16% phys damage, 5% projectile speed one which is insane. I still collect high item level jewels and do the Crafting later and post my results in this guide. But thanks for your Opinion about that!

"
naderni wrote:

No problem!

Come to think about it, maybe it is incinerate that needs a nerf.

I got around 65k ish with lvl20EK and lvl3 empower with your tree and four mediocre jewels, no atziri flask. Should be able to hit 70k with 21EK and 4empower, but that costs too much. Budget gear with the tree should get 40k ish dps with EK, and that is more than enough for regular mapping. Jewels are very strong now you can easily get 4-5 jew slots with your tree, just spec out of 10%spell damage and some 5%life nodes. Additionally heart of oak is not really needed since with blood dance we already have more life regen, and we cannot be stun.

With
alone I get 23k armor, can always use warlord mask for endurance charges for more tankiness.

Spoiler

Awesome build man, Im having a blast with incinerate again with this RF/iron will concept. I suggest you try it when you have time:)

I will do it, i tried yet only Freeze Pulse (which hase the highest base Damage of all Spells) and ....Traps! (for PvP reasons :D). With some adjustements to the tree you can spec into Traps, which one shots everything you hit in PvP. But Incinerate has an awesome Damage potential, which can make this Build an Uber Atziri Killer, with his three Stages.

You have to invest Currency to make this Build shine, but over that, every % on Damage you get from Jwesels and the Tree let your Damage explode. Maybe try to Craft yourself proper -8 mana cost Rings and good % reduced mana jewels to run Incinerate on mana and take an additional support (like Faster Casting) to ramp up your DPS even higher.

My next goal is to Corrupt Blood Dance boots for +1 Frenzy charge and then i get myself into Jewels. Sure i will post my results :)

Thank you guys for your Opinions :)

cheers

Updated Jewel section

these can be insane....

Very nice empower!! Grats!!

Another thought, grace is 50%. if we can get another lvl3 enlighten we can swap grace with one herald+arctic armor. Helps a lot with incinerate reflect, with all the elemental nodes on tree herald adds a bit of damage too. Not sure if worth it with EK though, thats a fair amount of investment with a little bit of dps return, still an increase in dps I think.
You can add 2 Heralds for Grace, but i feel comfortable with the amount of Armor Grace delivers. I wouldn´t trade that for a bit more Damage. Atleast for EK :D

cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info