Constant lag spikes

I have the same problem
same here with the 3.0 release
Same issues here on 3.0. Sometimes I can play for hours without issues, but then open a map or a certain room in the lab and the latency starts to happen. Very frustrating, especially when losing an Uber key.
Same issue, I can play for a few hours, then days and days of lag. I would really like to solve this.
I have the same issues and my character will be able to move around but clicking on anything does nothing. I can only spam my abilities and hope for the best if it re-connects at all. The forest encampment is almost always lagged out for me. Cannot even switch inventory most times.
Last edited by Bacon117 on Aug 23, 2017, 4:26:48 AM
Now my game is completely lagged out, I can join the CA server and then run around in the forest encampment but nothing responds when I click on it and the few times I can get out from the encampment the mobs charge towards me then freeze in place, I can use my abilities but nothing else. The mobs of course take no damage. I have tried installing the stand alone game separate from steam and tried lockstep and predictive. I am at a loss, my ping sits at 50ms.
Last edited by Bacon117 on Aug 24, 2017, 6:02:41 AM
Bump for 2 more people with the same problem.

On fiber.

No other games have this problem.

I maintain unix servers for a large aerospace company...

Tried all the things. Re-installed all the things.

Just tell us you have a problem, we just need to know you are trying to fix it.
Despite the title of this thread, it actually fixes latency spikes. At least it did for me :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1986267
Add another, I recently changed ISP, brand new router, ran diagnosis.

The only game where I get significant packet loss and lag is this one, it simply doesn't happen on any other game, also on Fibre.

Can play some days completely fine, today straight up dumpster fire of latency.

GGG, it's you, just admit your bandwidth isn't tuned for higher loads and as a result some players will get dumpster fire connections and be unable to play unless they live somewhere that's right next to a server farm.

I doubt all these players on different ISP's with different routers and different locales are all to blame.

The one constant is the connection to your servers.
Last edited by BlackOpsTash on Sep 2, 2017, 12:04:37 PM
76mB d / 141.26mB u internet
i5-6600k 4.7, 980ti, poe installed on m.2 nvme SSD(1925MB/830MB), 1440p all settings cranked up.
cali/texas server i've tried.

Had zero problems with lag spikes as long as I can remember playing this game even with full party. all I play is minions so it should be taxing on CPU-still no problems. About a week ago is when the lag spikes started, character freezes during skelly cast animation for a couple of seconds then the game continue at a high speed rate to sync back up. Not sure how i'm supposed to grind up 5 levels with this risk of RIP. Happy to buy a supporter pack when it's fixed, till then i'll be on divinity original sin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info