Constant lag spikes

We have recently updated our troubleshooting docs for problems similar to those experienced by some in this thread.

Please check this out here.

I have had a read through this thread, but there isn't a lot of timely information to go on. I suspect many people here have disparate problems with the same symptoms.
"
lampadina wrote:
First of all, there is no real fix in that thread, and in second place, how can this be an issue on our end, if there are players that are experiencing these problems not only from different countries, but, for god's sake, from different continents with different providers.
P.S. And, as i said before, there are few maps where there aren't any lag, but every single rare/magic map causes latency spikes.

Hi there,

In your post you mention varying problems, which will have different root causes. I acknowledge that people are experiencing problems, but the problems aren't going to have the same cause, and consolidating them into the same thread will make it impossible to troubleshoot things.
"
Jaikaro wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
We have recently updated our troubleshooting docs for problems similar to those experienced by some in this thread.

Please check this out here.

I have had a read through this thread, but there isn't a lot of timely information to go on. I suspect many people here have disparate problems with the same symptoms.

Here's my MTR on this: http://pastebin.com/1cD9g7QF

The trace you posted shows:
  • Acceptable latency - either the latency issues aren't occurring when you have run this trace, or it's being affected by packet loss.
  • Packet loss - there's 1-2% packet loss starting from the Comcast section of the route (he-0-4-0-2-cr02.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net). It will be useful to know if this is still happening, and if other players routed through Comcast have the same packet loss. This information will help determine if your ISP can help out here.
"
Hi!
I get disconnected like every 3 minutes. I did that thing:
http://pastebin.com/tvLJQEjr

Thanks

Hi GingerWildheart,

There's something seriously amiss with your connection.

You have 1-2% packet loss starting from your router. Perhaps you're using wireless and there's some sort of problem there.

There is also a jump in your latency from the first hop (the one between your router and your ISP). This would usually indicate that there is something wrong with your router, or internet connection from your house to your provider.

If you're using wireless, you may want to isolate the cause by connecting directly to your switch or router with an Ethernet cable. See if you are still having the problem after this. If this isn't the case, you might want to give your ISP's support a call or email, providing the information you're posted here.
"
Akaelvan wrote:
I'm getting the spikes again today - looking at the WinMTR thing it seems like there's a problem early on. Is this wireless related? (have no Ethernet to test)

http://pastebin.com/zrf6jdxf

Hard to tell!

It's either your WiFi or BT. You can't really determine that until you eliminate wireless as a cause.
I would advise people having issues to create your own thread, rather than replying to his one (or those belonging to others).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info