Constant lag spikes

"
Crebstar wrote:
This happens for me on the Texas server, next to where I live, and if I switch to another server I do not experience the issue. I wonder if they added in an input limit or some kind of limits to where people with low levels of latency get locked up in lockstep.

post your WinMTR for the server you like to connect to. play the game for about 10min while WinMTR is running. then paste results here.
I have serious latency problems aswell. I have a constant 30ish ping but get lag huge lag spikes of 1000+ms. They seem to appear regulary.
Now here comes the fun part....
When i play on my Laptop i dont have any issues using the exact same internet connection.
The only difference in the connection is the network adapter.
Both machines have pretty high end specs.

I tried all the ingame options like changeing the networkmode to predictive which helped a lot!
Game isn't playable with lockstep for me.

PoE is the only game i have issues with. I play a lot of games which rely on a solid connection like League of Legens, cs and even for honor. No issues at all with these games!

My specs are:
Win 10 64bit
intel i7 3.6ghz
16 GB Ram
Geforce 980 GTX

I would appreciate any help of you guys!

Cheers
Honestly I don't think the company cares. I've seen numerous posts on multiple threads and it always seems to be the players that are giving tech support instead of the people that develop the game. As long as the majority of people can play the game, the few that can't are just tossed aside.

Ever since the new league came online I haven't been able to play more than a hour tops.. I've tried lowering rez, adding the little --nasync at the end of your shortcut and so on. Nothing..

I love the game it's just ridiculous that no one has an actual fix.
"
neffage wrote:
Honestly I don't think the company cares. I've seen numerous posts on multiple threads and it always seems to be the players that are giving tech support instead of the people that develop the game. As long as the majority of people can play the game, the few that can't are just tossed aside.

Ever since the new league came online I haven't been able to play more than a hour tops.. I've tried lowering rez, adding the little --nasync at the end of your shortcut and so on. Nothing..

this is a community driven support forum. so when you post here then you should expect to get "community answers".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322
"
Support is overwhelmed with queries at the moment, so posts in this forum will likely be answered by players unless many people are having the same error. -Rory, GGG

if you want to guarantee you talk with GGG then contact them via EMAIL. you will have to wait for a response, maybe even for a few days since they are backlogged, but you will definitely get a response at some point.
"
neffage wrote:

That's right, as this is more of a community run forum than anything else. If you want to talk to GGG email techsupport@grindinggear.com.

Also, no one is going to help anyone in a thread such as this. Go read the first paragraph of the first sticky in this forum. Trying to answer 80 people in a thread is pointless and BS. One person per thread. Since people are lazy anyway:
"
Greetings,

Before you reply to a thread or make a new thread, please read the following:

- Bumping threads -

If you're experiencing a problem, please don't bump similar threads saying you have the same problem.
Instead, provide us with the required information in a new thread and we'll be able to help you more concisely.

Edit: Damn you M0rO, 3 freaking seconds :P
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Mar 23, 2017, 9:45:49 PM
"
"
Support is overwhelmed with queries at the moment, so posts in this forum will likely be answered by players unless many people are having the same error. -Rory, GGG"

if you want to guarantee you talk with GGG then contact them via EMAIL. you will have to wait for a response, maybe even for a few days since they are backlogged, but you will definitely get a response at some point.

64 pages of a thread with people having the same problem seems, to me, enough people to get an answer.
you would think they would get their heads out of their a$$es and fix this. over 3 weeks now SG server has been dropping and lag spikes throughout the whole damn day. i've quadruple checked my end, nothing wrong. this is the only game lagging and having issues. seriously, we all know you only care about the expansion and making ur $$$ but your not gonna make $hit if you don't fix these servers that people have been flooding forums about for weeks.
Right now, in the brazilian server this unplayable

Everything started after patch 2.6
I have the same problem, every 15-20 seconds lag spike about 1500 ms.

Finally solved this issue today! Dunno exact reason, probably its was broken driver or antivirus. At first time i was sure that this is network/server problem, but i was wrong. I spent alot of time tuning my router/networks settings, everything was fine. Programs for better ping/trace not help at all. So i started digging into my PC settings.

Its was like 3 steps:
- Uninstall antivirus (avast). Turning it off have no effect, this thing doing something in background anyway.
- Update AMD drivers. Use "Clean install" button, this options remove all drivers, restart PC and install everything from scrath. Deselect PlayTV,Raptr (programs for screen recording).
- Uninstall ASUS ROG GameFirst. This one should lower your ping but who knows!

After this steps lags gone.
"
foru wrote:
I have the same problem, every 15-20 seconds lag spike about 1500 ms.

Finally solved this issue today! Dunno exact reason, probably its was broken driver or antivirus. At first time i was sure that this is network/server problem, but i was wrong. I spent alot of time tuning my router/networks settings, everything was fine. Programs for better ping/trace not help at all. So i started digging into my PC settings.

Its was like 3 steps:
- Uninstall antivirus (avast). Turning it off have no effect, this thing doing something in background anyway.
- Update AMD drivers. Use "Clean install" button, this options remove all drivers, restart PC and install everything from scrath. Deselect PlayTV,Raptr (programs for screen recording).
- Uninstall ASUS ROG GameFirst. This one should lower your ping but who knows!

After this steps lags gone.

You sir, deserve a medal!
The culprit was indeed ASUS ROG GameFirst. I didn't even remembered having that. So I searched the process, killed it, and tried playing again. And the problem was gone!

I was having for over a week, since I re-started playing PoE, spike issues like crazy, giving me a lot of headaches. Yet I didn't noticed any other problem with any other game. Tried multiple things to not avail.

I had no issues with lag spikes with the servers on USA (I'm from Argentina), but playing with 220+ ping wasn't that amusing. In Brazil's server my latency was about 40-50ms, but had the lag spikes constantly. So I thought it was definitely a problem with the server and was about to contact support via e-mail. However, it was apparently a problem on my side after all.

I urge to anyone having this issue and a ASUS ROG motherboard, to try this solution and see if it helps. It certainly did help me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info