Constant lag spikes

Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
I can't play since last night, I have few spikes latency on town but when I enter at map and attack first mobs latency get over +1500 and stuck there more than 5 minutes like game was paused, until i have to log off. And always is the same, enter map -> high latency -> game paused.

I confirmed is only poe, my internet is ok. I want to enjoy my sunday playing poe please! any solution? it's only me?? I normally play milan server but have tried others Eu (Paris, Frankfurts, Amsterdam, London...) and always have the same issue.
"

Fixing servers/internet lag issues simply doesn't net them any revenue - so why fix it?

Exactly they won't fix them, and the sad part is all this forum with people crusading like WK's are defending them for that, and telling players who has issues "just change your pc" while there is a 35 pages thread from a top tier PC here unsolved for months here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1352458/page/13

All they are doing now is waiting for the new league, sheeps will pay again then stop after 15 days of dcing and lagging, and their economic model will be fine. Its just disgusting.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"
TheChandrian wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4effio/dear_fellow_redditors_please_solve_my_poe_latency/

try this guys hadnt been able to play at all at night and this fix works for me AU server

If the person who posted this is correct, then POE is using an old standard for their servers and have them setup for dial-up connections, who had default value of 1350 MTU.

Update: After optimizing my network connection I did experience a noticeable improvement. I did not use the tool to set MTU - I set to dynamically adjust. The advanced optimizations in the TCPOptimizer were really good, so I did these. I'm not posting how to set MTU's to dynamically adjust but lookup deadGatewayDetect and PMTUAutoDiscovery if you are interested.

--The root cause, once again, appears to be collisions. Though I can play with optimized network settings, I still get blocked and time-out on tight maps navigating. I also chain-fire till link dead when I accidently target an object that one cannot pass through.
Last edited by GrStaKa on Apr 24, 2016, 10:14:10 AM
"
D4wdl wrote:

That's basically the extent of my lag, although not as bad as yours, I'm usually sitting at 4-5ms, and then suddenly it'll spike to 1780ms.

"
GrStaKa wrote:
"
TheChandrian wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4effio/dear_fellow_redditors_please_solve_my_poe_latency/

try this guys hadnt been able to play at all at night and this fix works for me AU server

If the person who posted this is correct, then POE is using an old standard for their servers and have them setup for dial-up connections, who had default value of 1350 MTU.

Update: After optimizing my network connection I did experience a noticeable improvement. I did not use the tool to set MTU - I set to dynamically adjust. The advanced optimizations in the TCPOptimizer were really good, so I did these. I'm not posting how to set MTU's to dynamically adjust but lookup deadGatewayDetect and PMTUAutoDiscovery if you are interested.

--The root cause, once again, appears to be collisions. Though I can play with optimized network settings, I still get blocked and time-out on tight maps navigating. I also chain-fire till link dead when I accidently target an object that one cannot pass through.

I've tried cutting down MTUs to both 1472 and to 1350 - neither of them helped at all, rather raised my usual ms to around 50, instead of the usual 3-4ms.

I am unable to set a dynamic MTU on my router (Doesn't have the option).

This is a quick screenshot of what I have to deal with: (Note that this is after I adjusted MTU, although before I adjusted MTU it would've been 4ms at the bottom instead of 40ms - I experienced the spikes up to 1610ms regularly, especially more in combat. This was also just me standing afk in town)

And honestly, if a game requires the players to do so much on their end just to play a game without interruptions, you'd think that the developers would attempt to fix it on their end ...
Last edited by LoneWolfss246 on Apr 24, 2016, 4:58:02 PM
"
And honestly, if a game requires the players to do so much on their end just to play a game without interruptions, you'd think that the developers would attempt to fix it on their end ...

Thats just what are players are telling for 2 years. But some people here still thinks everything is fine at GGG's hand.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
Was just going to add my voice to this. I posted a thread about getting a new computer but after seeing how many people with good pc's are having this problem I guess I should just not bother.
"
GeoExile wrote:
Was just going to add my voice to this. I posted a thread about getting a new computer but after seeing how many people with good pc's are having this problem I guess I should just not bother.

please consider the relations., there are hundreds of thousands of people playing the game.

sure some have problems and come here to look for help but it's a minority.

"
MisterER wrote:

Thats just what are players are telling for 2 years. But some people here still thinks everything is fine at GGG's hand.

ggg said themselves that there are server issues with data overload, bugs and more. they're pretty open about it. you probably wish it would be different to have a sound basis for "your mission".

thing is: here in the forums we only can analyze if the problem at hand is on the player's side or the connection. i have no access to any of ggg's server logs to debug the problems.

ergo: all posts here neccessarily center about player's computers and debugging the connection.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
GeoExile wrote:

please consider the relations., there are hundreds of thousands of people playing the game.

sure some have problems and come here to look for help but it's a minority.

"
MisterER wrote:

ggg said themselves that there are server issues with data overload, bugs and more. they're pretty open about it. you probably wish it would be different to have a sound basis for "your mission".

thing is: here in the forums we only can analyze if the problem at hand is on the player's side or the connection. i have no access to any of ggg's server logs to debug the problems.

ergo: all posts here neccessarily center about player's computers and debugging the connection.

However, even if there are server issues with data overload, I'm quite certain the issues shouldn't happen every five seconds, resulting in humongous ping spikes.

My opinion, that's just absolutely unacceptable, especially for a game which requires so many inputs from the player, to react to what's happening on screen. How can I react if nothing's reacting?
Just started happening to me as well a week or so ago... i've been playing since 2013 and have never had this problem and it's driving me nuts!!! usually sit around 15-30ms and every few seconds it will spike anywhere from 200-1000ms... i really hope they fix this soon! i love this game and really dont play any other game... i dont know how long ill be able to deal with this. if anyone knows of a good game similar to this that i can play in the meantime lmk plz. ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info