Constant lag spikes

I've been having some really unhealthy latency spikes in the past two days with it going up past the 1k mark almost frequently in some instances where the game will completely stop all movement in the game for a period of time before seemingly releasing it like a rubber band. Everything would then speed up as if trying to catch up to where it's supposed to be leaving me watching everything that my person and others were supposed to be doing up the very point of time it manages to match. If it wasn't for the fact that I had five zombies guarding me during these spikes, I would most likely be dead every single time. However, it's becoming much more rage inducing and preventing me from actually having a smooth and fun experience with the game.

Edit: I've been using the DC server, but I occasionally switched over to the Texas server with not too much success in minimizing the latency.
Last edited by Abekrie on Mar 11, 2016, 7:14:21 PM
Please, for the love of god GGG, help do something about this. It's nothing on our ends, it's nothing we can do. It could be Verizon, Verizon had this same issue with Blizzard this past fall and had to work with Verizon to get the fucking gateways fixed. I am literally begging you to help with these insane 1000 ping spikes, it makes Hardcore unplayable and all I want to do is play this fucking game. Please do something, please. I can't take it anymore.
I was looking forward to this PoE patch even more than others, first time I've bought a supporter pack even, but I'm done.

I can't play.

I was dealing with the bad latency, but as soon as I got to merciless and I lose 10% exp per death it just isn't worth it.

Every other online game I play, such as DotA 2 perform fine. Netflix is fine, etc. etc. etc.
50 pages and still nothing done about this. I can play maybe one day a week for a couple hours if im lucky. Every other game works fine. I haven't been below 2k ping this week.
I'm getting a ton of lagg on the DC server too.
Getting latency spikes every 10-20 seconds from 40 to 300 and sometimes even 600.
Tried changing to all the North American realms but they are all the same.
Chiming in here with lag spikes on the Texas Server - huge spikes upwards of 900 ping plus. Sometimes the spike hangs and DCs me.

I am consistently getting these while trying Cruel Lab (imagine how frustrating that is, glad I'm not doing HC right now!). I lost a good 4 hours today through DC or having to close the client once I'm stuck in lag limbo for longer than a minute.

No way to prove this that I can think of, but it seems to be connected to the most recent changes to content loading. I haven't had it happen outside of labyrinth either - it's consistent enough to be re-creatable for me.

I'm not creating a new thread because I think at 495 replies the problem is too consistent to be "disparate problems with the same symptoms". Everyone started getting these issues at the same time, it seems a little unreasonable to assume that all these people suddenly developed identical symptoms at the same time as a coincidence involving their personal networks... Admit it's a problem and fix it.
Last edited by Gevrael on Mar 12, 2016, 12:17:01 AM
Switched over to the DC server; walked up to the labyrinth entrance; massive lag spikes.
Switched over to the Texas server; walked up to the labyrinth entrance; massive lag spikes.
Switched over to the California server; walked up to the labyrinth entrance; massive lag spikes.

Switched over to the London server; walked up to the labyrinth entrance; game ran smoothly (Spikes in the labyrinth at times though).

I, of course, had the natural amount of ping from playing on a gateway that's across the ocean, but it seems that the NA servers, themselves, are being the point of the problem here.
Here from Italy, same problem.
Is it possible that also the Perandus Chest bug is connected with that spike lag?
Same here, other games are fine but huge lag spikes in path of exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info