So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

Its pretty dumb.

You know, I identify thousands of useless rares, find 1000s of useless uniques, spend untold amounts of fusings and jewelers on gear, and chaos/alchs, spend untold amounts of time praying to the RNG gods on my regals, and my end-game maps and my ability to sustain them are completely dominated by RNG.

And then lo and behold, some troll item is introduced into the game to make it even worse.

Its not funny; its malicious. The simple fact that it was done maliciously, makes it worse. An oversight? Fine. Simply letting someone do it out of malicious intent? Not so fine.

One of the few things that makes all the RNG worth is is getting a drop like Mjonnir. Seeing that item laying there, waiting to be picked up. Thats one of the few "yes!" moments you get, and GGG allows some guy to throw some money away so he can laugh at a thread like this.

Its really annoying, and childish.

Again, garbage like this encroaches on the few moments of glee that you get in a complete RNG game like this.

I understand that eventually, almost all items will probably have a couple uniques. I get it. But until that point, how about avoiding it if you can. Especially if its done to be an ass to fellow players and ruin their experience.

There is very few things more exciting then finding one of the GG items in the game. Even if it happens rarely, that one moment it does, its one of the few great moments in a game like this. Letting some guy ruin it for 1000 bucks just so he can laugh, is pretty stupid. I didn't know that GGG was that hard up for cash.
Last edited by Destructodave on Aug 8, 2015, 11:28:27 PM
The Mjolner still rolls on a higher drop chance. RichMoney even said so in the reddit topic about it when it got added in. Even without it added you'll still not get the Mjolner even if you were supposed to get a Gavel drop on that mob. For all who knows you would have gotten a Rare Gavel instead of the Cameria's Maul.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
The Mjolner still rolls on a higher drop chance. RichMoney even said so in the reddit topic about it when it got added in. Even without it added you'll still not get the Mjolner even if you were supposed to get a Gavel drop on that mob. For all who knows you would have gotten a Rare Gavel instead of the Cameria's Maul.

Not a good item.
Purpose to create a troll version of Mjonler
1000$ accepted
End of story.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 8, 2015, 11:48:41 PM
"

The point isn't that you didn't get Mjolner. The point is you are purposely trolled. So what if its rare. Its better then getting trolled by some guy who dropped 1000 bucks JUST to troll you, and GGG allows it.

Most of us know that it wouldnt be a unique one, it would be a rare one. So what? Its the bait and switch that is the issue. Not the fact you didnt get the Mjolner in the first place.

You guys think that people are crying because they THINK they deserve a Mjolner. That is simply not the case. I could care less if I never see one drop. But, I would like to think if I EVER did see a unique gavel drop, it would be the correct one, instead of a bait and switch gotcha just because some guy thought 1000 bucks was worth the trouble, and for GGG needing 1k bucks that badly to allow it. You telling me that they dont get 1000s of dollars for all the stash pages and such and various other things they sell that they need to allow a guy to wreck people with troll items just for the glee of it?

I honestly think there is simply a divide here; you have people who dont like being trolled, and then you have the others who take great delight in watching other people's misery. There are people around here that get off on watching some poor noob post a thread about how hes dying 500 times in Merc because his tree is jacked up. Those are the same kinds of people who get off on a troll item like Cameria, to the point one of them ponied up 1k bucks just to see it happen.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have rather just saw a rare gavel then a unique one. Cameria isnt a bad item, but who cares? Its the point. If its not the right item I dont even want to see it hit the ground. give me a white crude bow instead. I'll keep plowing along, waiting on that moment, instead of having it constantly ruined by some troll.

This has just become my favorite item of all of PoE. The Gavel of butthurtness and salt. It will forever sit in my stash, preferebly on the first page, so it can remind me of how angry people will be when they find their very own.

This is the most successful item ever created. Maybe another one will come along, maybe not. All I have to say is; Money well spend! Thank you!
Neat
Eh. That's your thinking then. I'm sort of an optimist in RPGs. If I end up getting a unique I don't have use or has bad rolls its more Currency Shards. Thats more shards that potentially turn into an eventual currency I will use later.

This is an eventual fact we'll have to face as the game goes on. Unless GGG adds more Item Base or Variants per Level Area we're just gonna have to get used to multiple uniques being rooted to the same Base Item.
"
Daresso wrote:
"
I don't say this lightly: some people need to really rethink how they spend their money.

One core principle to custom design from the start has been in disallowing items that give negative player experience. I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one.

Not GGG's finest hour.

This is the first time in history I've agreed with CharanJaydemyr. He is absolutely right though. GGG failed by allowing RichJ to create an "item that gives a negative player experience".

While I agree with his idea, I must however note that every item will sooner or later have more than one unique in its base, this is intended. And I find it really unfair that a non-physical unique would reserve the base of best physical 1-handed mace to itself.

The time where every base has 2 or more uniques cant come soon enough honestly.
Hopefully by then people will stop calling each of these cases troll. (yes yes, this one was intended as such, I know)

Spoiler
and yes, I just want more uniques ^^
Oblivious
I'd think if they added a Fire-Themed Gavel Unique it'd round out at least. And each one catering to a very drastic playstyle.
Unique gavel drops, my loot filter sounds the alarm and a GIANT WHITE BACKGROUND GAVEL is on my screen. When I ID the item and check it on xyz its worth a chaos...are you fucking kidding me GGG? I cannot believe they allowed someone to make a troll gavel.
The item is yours when it is in your bag.
My original account Dushan is banned.
I miss my Kiwi and Demigod's Presence.
:(
By reading any of Duchan's forum posts you agree to the following Duchan forum posts Terms of Use:
http://i.imgur.com/tmkhs22.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info