So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

I find this thread to be a bit funny because I chanced an occultist vestment long, long ago and unlocked an achievement and for a brief moment thought I had chanced a Shav's but no, it was a troll mantle. That day I made a character named TrollMantle and set out using that Infernal Mantle until I finally got my hands on the Shav's I wanted.

I still have that Infernal Mantle and keep it as a reminder. I even ruined the possibility of it being something great by vaaling it in a 4x2 state. In hindsight I wish I hadn't vaaled it because it's a great armour for a flame totem build.

Spoiler
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

sounds like someone struck a nerve with you. you made two similar posts in which you almost repeat yourself. ironically, right now it looks like you are looking for attention because no one replied to your first one. well, you baited me into some. and again, ironically, you made two posts so if richjm did it for attention, well you got baited as well.

now, I very much doubt richjm did it for attention. in fact Im sure he did not. his stream was never a top stream and its not a top stream now. he didnt do it so his name would be known- his name was known before as poe player, and known well in streamer circles.

you know what's kinda sad- your veiled subliminal insult is. 'trolling' people with item drops in a game is one thing (tough break for you that another unique drops - give me a fucking break will ya ?) , insulting people is another. it reeks of cowardice. plain ol' cowardice

The only feelings I hold here now are a deep sense of sadness for him, GGG, and ultimately us as a player in POE. I actually feel badly for the guy. Genuinely: from the heart. I got a good look at how this played out and the guy involved. Like I said: I totally get it now. No trolling. I'll leave that to others who are better at it.
please, spare me the theatrics. that's your third post with subliminal innuendos.
right in the feels

Haow dis happund?

Rich, I had a good laugh, even though my buddy didnt even realized what happened, but I was howling with laughter, because you got me, you trolled me, i was cursing my friends good luck after his ex drop and then the unique gavel *i was all no fucking way man, for real ex and mjolner in same map, and none for me!*, and it was a different item, and i rolled.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jul 22, 2015, 3:44:51 PM
haha i just realized 2.0 even nerfed the troll mantle. WTH.
Git R Dun!
"

Not really, it's just like every other unique in the game. You need 5 minutes to figure out hiw to maximize it's potential. Ice crash + hypothermia, done. Dual wield with a 2aps off hand to offset the speed problem.

Ice Crash ignores off hand stats ( except for global ones like mana, global crit, attributes), thus attack speed is irrelevant, you can safely use a wooden spoon.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
Last edited by MegaDeth666 on Jul 22, 2015, 4:11:00 PM
Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about, because it's the player's perception that adding the unique was a bad thing. Empirically, it has 0 effect on the drop rate of a Moljnir, and I'm the type of player that's just happy to see a unique item drop. More uniques in game, regardless of base item type, means there is a greater chance I will see a unique!

The analogy I would use is a scratch ticket. Every ticket under the shelf looks the same and they all have the same chance it will win the grand prize. After I purchase one and scratch it off and only find $10, I don't get into a hissy fit I didn't win the grand prize. I also don't assume that because I purchased the ticket that has a $10 prize that it is the reason I didn't win the grand prize.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Jul 22, 2015, 4:14:50 PM
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
please, spare me the theatrics. that's your third post with subliminal innuendos.

LOL - I love that your upset that I'm not mad anymore at this item. Somehow that pisses you off enough to chomp down on my heels when I post. Go grab a coffee or a twix or something.
Im not pissed off though. you are. you felt to write that you feel genuinely bad three times. if you didnt actually care for the item you wouldn't write any of these posts.

so no, Im not mad- I simply think you lack courage to say what you really think and proceed to subliminal dissing. I don't get mad at cowards.
I dislike that dude and his item. They're getting vendored if I ever find/chance any. I'm assuming that's what he wanted so, good job duder!

I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of calling it a troll item. Its just bad and unimaginative.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
OMG OMG look what I just found !! Another unique Gavel !! <3 <3 <3

Spoiler
NOOOO !!! ANOTHER TROLLNER !!!!!!!
"
TheWretch wrote:
I dislike that dude and his item. They're getting vendored if I ever find/chance any. I'm assuming that's what he wanted so, good job duder!

I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of calling it a troll item. Its just bad and unimaginative.

Funny because its the exact opposite of "Unimaginative". did you even read past the first line of text saying he wanted to troll? Probably not cause if you did you'd realize there was more thought put into this item then just "I wanna make people salty". The item itself can be used at endgame, sure its not fucking broken like the other unique gavel, and that's why its a common drop. After two or three drop stop expecting it to be mjolnir so when (if) it is the you can shit your pants with excitement. If anything he's making it even more rewarding (The feeling anyway) to actually get a mjolnir.

This comes from someone who had a shavs drop while infernal mantle was on the same base. When I read the text I nearly left it there. Moused over and my whole house was like "wtf is that noise?". Its way more exciting to me at least, I know first hand.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
Last edited by BokkoTheBunny on Jul 22, 2015, 5:31:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info