[2.1] The FlameCoC Barrage Wander

"
galendil1973 wrote:
Hi mate!
Changed my Piscator Wand (since apparently the elemental dmg on it doesn't apply on spell reiggered by Cast on Crit) to some beauty

Second: As a belt, would the Doryani's would be a good choice? Since it gives res, strenght and life leech on fire dmg

This is a good wand, much better than Piscator, that unique is pretty much specifically designed for elemental wanders.

About the belt - I would advise against using Doryani.
Belt is a slot where we get the highest amount of added life possible (excluding Kaom's Heart since we can't use it)
Leather belt with a life and STR rolls can give like 170-180 base life, which will turn into 350+ life with increases from tree.
Very small amount of leech isn't worth losing so much life.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 5, 2015, 12:23:24 PM
Hey ,

i didnt do any CoC before .. so wanna make sure i get the right stuff before i make it :D
so wanna take ur opinion first on Wand:
1- there is a wand i can buy which is identical to urs in the guide but with (283 accuracy) and(45% crit chance for spells) urs is 89% ... so does this difference is huge for coc or the wand is fine?
2-
this can be enough or i buy the wand i listed above?

second for armor, u provided lots of armor variety but i dunno which is the best as i have no exp with coc and fairly new to poe ... so a rare like this
can do the job when i 5l it or which unique i should use?

third , how are normal atziri runs ? difficulty levels i mean.

Thanks ^^
"

About the belt - I would advise against using Doryani.
Belt is a slot where we get the highest amount of added life possible (excluding Kaom's Heart since we can't use it)
Leather belt with a life and STR rolls can give like 170-180 base life, which will turn into 350+ life with increases from tree.
Very small amount of leech isn't worth losing so much life.

Thanks for the answer!
Actually, I have an ok belt, I just had a Doryani's taking the dust on another char, so just wanted to know.

"
omarGM wrote:
Hey ,

i didnt do any CoC before .. so wanna make sure i get the right stuff before i make it :D
so wanna take ur opinion first on Wand:
1- there is a wand i can buy which is identical to urs in the guide but with (283 accuracy) and(45% crit chance for spells) urs is 89% ... so does this difference is huge for coc or the wand is fine?
2-
this can be enough or i buy the wand i listed above?

I'd use the second one if the first one has the same crit chance as mine.
In fact, I should get a better one, I just kinda forgot to do it. Ideally you want 11%+ base crit chance.

"
omarGM wrote:

second for armor, u provided lots of armor variety but i dunno which is the best as i have no exp with coc and fairly new to poe ... so a rare like this
can do the job when i 5l it or which unique i should use?

third , how are normal atziri runs ? difficulty levels i mean.

Thanks ^^

First of all, never ever try to 5L or 6L rare armours.
In fact, this is even true for most (not all) unique armours as well.
The only exception to that might be when they have super-insane stats, but I played 2 years and never found such an item.
Otherwise it ends up being way too expensive for what you get in return.

Instead your best options are:
a) If you can get ele resists elsewhere, buy Tabula Rasa.
Yes it doesn't have stats, but it is really cheap 6L
b) Browse poe.trade and see if there any any cheap 6L armorus for sale. You want to search separately for normal, magic and rare ones. Sometimes, but rarely, people can sell them for less than 2ex
b.2) You can also search for corrupted 6Ls. For this, you need specific colours, either the same that I use - GGGBBB (using 3 spells) or GGBBBR (2 spells + Life Leech). These should cost less than 1ex, otherwise don't buy them.
c) If you haven't found any cheap 6Ls and need ele resists on armour - again buy a 5L non-unqiue one, they go for less than 5 chaos usually, then you just alc itr and spam chaoses on it until you get life + one or two resists, then you craft a 2nd/3rd resist on Haku's crafting bench

About Atziri - I have yet to run her on this char, need to level up first in order to avoid xp penalty in case I die, but killing normal one is possible.
However, for that a differently coloured chest might be required, in order to get life leech.

That said, an SRS summoner is still the best character to run Atziri, it can do it way easier than pretty much any other build.
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 8, 2015, 4:27:58 AM
Hello I found this one,

Is it good for a long time or do i need to change it for damage of the wand ?

I actually don't understand what a wand needs to make the build powerful
Last edited by Karast on Aug 9, 2015, 7:54:31 AM
"
Karast wrote:

Quoting myself heh

"
Mandatory roll - increased critical strike chance.
Useful rolls:
spell damage
spell crit multi
spell crit chance
accuracy
attack speed
+X to fire spell damage

As you can see the horn has low critical strike chance - only 8% - not suitable.
10% is what I would call minimally acceptable, 11%+ is good.

In the very beginning of the game (like <40 lvl) you are better off just making a wand with +1 to fire skills and using a flame totem in it, and another wand with +1 to a skill type of your choice (lightning tendrils for example).
Hello !

First, thanks for sharing such good and joyous ideas :)

I'm back on the game since few days so sorry if my question looks stupid :)
I'm very interresting in levelling a new char with that build but have few questions before.

How much a combination between your main and life+/chaosRes trees would be possible. (to try to gain the best of each ones)
Correct me if i'm wrong, but one key point on that build is that we don't care about mana pool since we have EB.
If that's right, isn't better to remove Heart and Soul node plus wand damage and accuracy in favour of hp/chaos res node plus one additional point onto the wand node ?
With such a modification (-4/5% HP, -15% Accuracy, +5% wand dam.) does the build would still be playable ?

An overview of the tree
"
"
Karast wrote:

Quoting myself heh

"
Mandatory roll - increased critical strike chance.
Useful rolls:
spell damage
spell crit multi
spell crit chance
accuracy
attack speed
+X to fire spell damage

As you can see the horn has low critical strike chance - only 8% - not suitable.
10% is what I would call minimally acceptable, 11%+ is good.

In the very beginning of the game (like <40 lvl) you are better off just making a wand with +1 to fire skills and using a flame totem in it, and another wand with +1 to a skill type of your choice (lightning tendrils for example).

Owwwww ok this is this 8% to look after, okay !
Does your build work with some other elemental gem ? Imma also try your build with some other elemental spells like ice spear ect ... Did you tried already ?
Hi, I'm pretty new to this game and have a quick question: Why do you insist on going EB with a ES on hit jewel over something, say, a tanky life/es hybrid build with a Mana on hit jewel? Wouldn't this save you many skills points and increase survivability?

Thanks
"
fmpride wrote:
Hi, I'm pretty new to this game and have a quick question: Why do you insist on going EB with a ES on hit jewel over something, say, a tanky life/es hybrid build with a Mana on hit jewel? Wouldn't this save you many skills points and increase survivability?

Thanks

Because the optimal Aura set for this build (which focus on damages) is:
- Anger (reserves 50%)
- Herald of Thunder (reserves 25%)
- Herald of Ice (reserves 25%)

As you can see, 100% of your mana pool is reserved. That's why both EB and jewels for ES recharge are required. Jewels with Mana on hit won't help in such a configuration, unless you decide to reserve your mana pool for max 75% for example.

If you do not want to use EB/Jewels, you can test a build using % less Mana reserved nodes but you will sacrified a lot of tree points to boost both your mana pool and decrease reserved mana. So you finally won't be efficient.
Last edited by Radjanidar on Aug 14, 2015, 2:06:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info