[2.1] The FlameCoC Barrage Wander

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Funny : I have to replace Magma orb (shoud I replace fireball or maybe chain ?) in order to get enough power charges swiftly. It did the same in 1.3 where people would use two spells (arc + fireball) on a coc KB and I could achieve only one of those spells. I don't get what I'm doing wrong : HoT seems too slow to generate needed charges. Must be my crit chances, I have only 50% before charges.

By the way, I just love my new wand, but I wonder : shoud I get rid of attack speed in order to replace it with a crit chance for spell ?

You can just use barrage with PCoC to build initial power charges, then HoT maintains them just fine.

I'd replace the wand.
It is a really good phys wand, but for CoC you surely can find a better one.
That 6% cast speed implicit is useless there.
Imbued wand is the best base.

Well if you want to keep it then yeah I'd replace attack speed with spell crit chance.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 26, 2015, 8:14:17 AM
Oh, cast speed doesn't improve KB... Silly me. Still, it's the best I can afford right now. The 10.8 crit chance is still beautiful and it is so much better than my self-found old wand.

Not a very rich player (though an exalt dropped today... yeah !).
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Oh, cast speed doesn't improve KB... Silly me. Still, it's the best I can afford right now. The 10.8 crit chance is still beautiful and it is so much better than my self-found old wand.

Not a very rich player (though an exalt dropped today... yeah !).

You can easily find a decent wand for cheap.
Most of the rare gear that I use across all my chars which isn't 5L I bought for less than 20c (or found), often 10c or less.

Which league do you play in?

Here is a link for Warbands for example:
http://poe.trade/search/itasizukihitub
prices start from 1 alc/c

BTW accuracy is more important than added spell crit chance if you choose between several wands.
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 27, 2015, 7:44:27 AM
Obviously I was mistaken on the role the wand plays : I kept the kind of wand I used for the KB frostwall coc build, which was very physical. Of course, the type of wand and its implicit modifier is still subpar in such a build but more physical and more crit was good.

From your build and your more recent posts, I understand now that KB is just a coc enabler and that damage doesn't come from it but from the spells. APS being needed to do more low damage KB that enable big damage fireball and magma orbs. I suppose this wand could be better for a pure KB build (apart from implicit) or maybe a KB with EK on CoC build.

Sadly, I play this character in standard, where prices are a bit higher.

I know more criticals are important but what would you choose between a very high crit chance (around 11) with a meh spell damage bonus (50%) and the opposite around 10 and 100% ? I have difficulty to choose because of the many variations possible.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Jul 27, 2015, 3:46:02 PM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:

Sadly, I play this character in standard, where prices are a bit higher.

I know more criticals are important but what would you choose between a very high crit chance (around 11) with a meh spell damage bonus (50%) and the opposite around 10 and 100% ? I have difficulty to choose because of the many variations possible.

In standard prices for cheaper rares are very low as well, if you search by same parameters you still get minimal buyouts from 1c.

You are right that here KB is used mostly to activate spells, it doesn't deal that much damage itself, I don't pick up nodes that enhance KB damage other than generic crit nods.

50% spell damage is quite a big difference, but I'd still go with 11% crit chance one for more consistent crits.
Also check what mod slots are free, it is always better to get a wand with a free suffix and craft a missing stat than grab one with 2 garbage useless suffixes.
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 28, 2015, 2:06:18 AM
Hi, I'm really interested in your build. I am fairly new to PoE.. Not too new, I current have a level 83 witch. But anyway, I was just wondering, which part of the tree do you spec into first. Do you go down close to the Phase Acrobatics, or do you go up first and get a lot of the INT points. It would be very helpful if there was a passive tree leveling guide. Sorry that I'm kind of new. Just really interested in your build.

Thanks! :)
"
BrokenJawz wrote:
Hi, I'm really interested in your build. I am fairly new to PoE.. Not too new, I current have a level 83 witch. But anyway, I was just wondering, which part of the tree do you spec into first. Do you go down close to the Phase Acrobatics, or do you go up first and get a lot of the INT points. It would be very helpful if there was a passive tree leveling guide. Sorry that I'm kind of new. Just really interested in your build.

Thanks! :)

Added leveling trees as well.

Generally you want to get EB first, then Wand nodes, dual-curse, and only after that get Phase Acro. Skip power charges until you either have Voll's chest or Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit setup, and skip Frenzy charges until you get Blood Dance.

Use Twyzel wand for leveling if you can get one, socket KB into it.
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 30, 2015, 6:33:07 AM
very sweet build, does magma orb+FB work fine with 1v1 bossees? the damage seems pretty decent close range
IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
"
xiaozozo wrote:
very sweet build, does magma orb+FB work fine with 1v1 bossees? the damage seems pretty decent close range

Well effectiveness of Magma orb depends on the boss - if it is large enough then it can be hit twice with it (spiders, Dominus 2nd form), but smaller bosses (humanoid types) might only be hit once so it will deal somewhat less damage than fireball to them.

Also, for bossfights without adds a gem swap is required later on - you won't be able to take them down with KB.

You should use: PCoC - CoC - Barrage - Fireball - Magma Orb (+GMP or Slower Projectiles for 6L)

Alternative:
in one 4L you have Frenzy linked to PCoC + FA - fire this periodically to gain and maintain charges
And main link:
CoC - Barrage - 3 spells (+GMP or Slower Projectiles for 6L)
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 2, 2015, 3:42:32 AM
Hi mate!
First of all, great build! Testing it right now, lvl 65ish.

I have several questions for you.

First: would you consider The Piscator wand as a weapon? No phys dmg, but 10.5 crit, 1.3 APS, accuracy and elemental dmg with wand (not quite sure it applies on spell tho).

Changed my Piscator Wand (since apparently the elemental dmg on it doesn't apply on spell reiggered by Cast on Crit) to some beauty

Second: As a belt, would the Doryani's would be a good choice? Since it gives res, strenght and life leech on fire dmg
Last edited by galendil1973 on Aug 3, 2015, 10:01:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info