[2.1] The FlameCoC Barrage Wander

"
LTU_Edga wrote:
Wouldnt be better to use ice spear instead of kinetic blast? The other form of ice spear have 600% more crit chance. That way we wont need to put points on wand stuff and save like ~10points. But yeah also would need to change some other points
You cant use spells as a base hit for cast on crit.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Have you ever tried to use frost wall instead of fireball? Should rip your gpu. I lvl atm a crit caster will go wand coc around 60 i think. Honesty, I think the points for the extra curse are super wasted. Are you doing that for frenuy or for the mana gain? Cant reprpduce your idea behind it.
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Have you ever tried to use frost wall instead of fireball? Should rip your gpu. I lvl atm a crit caster will go wand coc around 60 i think. Honesty, I think the points for the extra curse are super wasted. Are you doing that for frenuy or for the mana gain? Cant reprpduce your idea behind it.

People who don't take dual-curse nodes typically run without Warlord's mark. That means no life leech, which in turn means they have to use a Life Leech gem in their main skill setup, while I don't.

Dual-curse gives a huge advantage, more than anything else on the skilltree for a similar number of skillpoints.

Currently I run Warlords for leech+ endurance charges and Assmark for damage+power charges.

You can run without Assmark with Voll's Protector, but that is a huge hit to your survivability, because this chest has no life, resists or any defensive mechanics.

Also, if you want to go super-defensive, you can run Temporal Chains + Enfeeble as curses, and then replace Fireball with Arctic Skull or however that spell is called - this will slow most enemies so much that they will barely move. This, however, will require dropping chains and replacing it with Life Leech gem as I mentioned before.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 25, 2015, 11:22:35 AM
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Have you ever tried to use frost wall instead of fireball?

Yeah I tried it.......

I mean, it works, melee enemies have a hard time getting to you, but it is just infuriating to play - everything is blocked so you have to spam Phase Run every time you want to move. I just can't handle this style of gameplay.
Ah i see. I am 48 now i need to save up the Skillpoints for the Wand critnodes +2 int from pathing... I cant use coc meanwhile i play spellcaster. In the past i played a KB Wander without normal COC Setup only Frostwall for huge AOE dmg. But you are right... I also have been often in the situation where i cursed on them pesky frostwalls blocking my own path ;)
"
xX999Xx wrote:
In the past i played a KB Wander without normal COC Setup only Frostwall for huge AOE dmg.

Before 2.0 people who played KB with CoC-Frost Wall also used either a Pierce gem or chance to pierce from tree - every time your projectiles pierced the walls they created explosions, tons of them.

Now, this doesn't work anymore.
After 2.0 if your projectiles pierce the wall they might not create any explosioins at all, 1-2 at best, compared to like 10+ before.
Hi,

I love coc kb builds (was playing a frost wall one but I tried arc and fireball too, was really fun).

However I have one question that needs answer : why do you take critics for spells passives, as KB is an attack ? Is it to increase critics for fireball and Magma Orb ? Is it better that way than what you could get from other passives ?

I want to play your build and I am confused here.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
why do you take critics for spells passives, as KB is an attack ? Is it to increase critics for fireball and Magma Orb ?

Exactly, with all crit nodes taken Fireball and Magma Orb should have 60+% chance to crit.
Within the nodes that can easily be reached, these are the best for dps increase.

I also posted a Scion version of the tree, which can take additional generic crit nodes that work for both KB and spells.
Thanks ! I will respec a level 76 shadow (the one with frostwalls, 2.0 respeccing yum yum !) so I'll use those nodes.
Funny : I have to replace Magma orb (shoud I replace fireball or maybe chain ?) in order to get enough power charges swiftly. It did the same in 1.3 where people would use two spells (arc + fireball) on a coc KB and I could achieve only one of those spells. I don't get what I'm doing wrong : HoT seems too slow to generate needed charges. Must be my crit chances, I have only 50% before charges.

By the way, I just love my new wand, but I wonder : shoud I get rid of attack speed in order to replace it with a crit chance for spell ?

Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Jul 26, 2015, 5:02:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info