BitchyWitches' Lightning CI Witch

Here I thought you all might like to check out my Hybrid Lighting Summoner build. This is not a pure summoner, it is a full lightning dps build that grabs the summoner related nodes nearby.

IMO all lightning witches should also have summoning abilities as the lightning and summoner key nodes are very close together. Templar is great for summoner and lightning, spectre is by static blows, ect.

I like to have summons to use while soloing, but grouping I dont want to need summons at all thus I need full dps capabilities. This build has both.

Spark as main attack, skellie totem for bosses and such, and also significant damage from ranged spectres with minion life and lmp supports.

Also has a huge es, very survivable. Once you reach this point, you can use the rest for whatever you find yourself lacking, be it mana, elemental resists, ect.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVyvfsIIQB6UC40myLJxr21WuRKuPpi0fbRk74bvWEVDi96cri3rB83_GwcUsv4hC8h3sGMNtT79DVB3ZHNyTJzdmLKam6zeD6rq_l8k98h6NGeAS3YzBtOTsdhGOvhEtfIPN-riTDH0Qf8ae6-6ESDyOAW9XyTQKfq8fAqcI2QsqmPqAna4abKasiECQM49G0NCboUjnZ73ub_fXzLwQl0QETbnkIilPgpvVdcy38s59U7aG3fNgbZ2AXcZG1-0g4XOLjAVb7Dg62E3YjHaePIFvoqM=
Last edited by kuromahou on Feb 25, 2013, 9:20:40 PM
Wanted to double check - I'd read in the forums that crit doesn't apply to arc - is that confirmed?
Why do most people skip the "Spell Critical chance" at the beginning? Is it really that much less significant then a total of 9% "cast speed" increase?
"
Polrayne wrote:
Wanted to double check - I'd read in the forums that crit doesn't apply to arc - is that confirmed?

If the passive or support gem says "increased critical strike chance" or "increased strike chance for spells", then it will work with arc. The same is true for the critical strike modifier.

If, however, it reads "increased critical strike chance with daggers", then no it wouldn't apply to arc, only to dagger.

Be sure to read the passive or skill gem carefully.
"
Why do most people skip the "Spell Critical chance" at the beginning? Is it really that much less significant then a total of 9% "cast speed" increase?

If the skills and weapons you will be using have a low base crit chance, then it might not make sense to get those passives.

Arc, for instance, has a low crit chance. Instead, people usually go for Static Blows to get a chance for Shock vice relying on critical hits to get Shock.
Just so everyone knows, I was previously playing this build on Normal, I'm re-rolling on HC to try this build out. Modifications may follow with this build.
"There are now four Energy Shield passives behind Chaos Inoculation. There are three 8% additional Energy Shield nodes and a new notable (Infused Shield), which adds a 20% multiplicative Energy Shield bonus."
Can you post a list of all gems you use?
using this build and im lvl 52 atm

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMFWwdjB6URLRFQFVAnqSycLR8y0TvhRUdG10myVytdxmBtZ71tGXNTdhF8g35Zfq9_xoIQi3qLjI0Zjr6PRpuhnYCio6cIpyu1BLiTu9bAVMG0wcXB88NtzfrQ0Nrd3QXdjN3z37DgEuFz4vfk7OZM5oHsGO0g7m8=

I have to admit it works very nice , just one little advice , zombie and spectres are very usefull to have some one tanking a bit , so i use it combined with minion life.

Regarding the armor , I would maybe try to pick up the Body and Soul node + the other 3 , armor reduce the amount of damage ur ES takes , so have a 25/30% dmg reduction is not bad :P

Also instead of faster casting i use add light dmg ....huge dmg boost

and last ....use fire traps combine with increase effect duration....huge help on single target/bosses

thanks for posting this build btw.....so electric :)

exo
so i will do witch lighting too. Yeahh oh ill do her so hard...
here is how exactly:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAW8FQgVbDH0OSBB_ES8RUBGWE54V1xbzHNwd2R8CIvQmPCycLKYsvy0fL50y0TQKNsU3ZjeDO-E8jkGWQ1RFR0bXT79UrlZjVytXyVgbXcZd8mBtZ71rF20ZdhF4un3SfjN-r3_GghCESIauiEKIa4t6i4yNGY9GkyeboZ2An3uiLqKjpJGm66cIpyuus7J1tQS297iTu9bBtMHFwfPDbcae0NDVgdeG2CTdBd2M3fPfsOAS4XPi9-OE5Ozquuvu7BjtIO5v8h0=

i think upper builds can find lake of ES in late game.. but its just my opinion, havnt been there yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info