BitchyWitches' Lightning CI Witch

Hey all, glad you stopped by. This build is treating me very well so far and I wanted to share it. I'm currently level 64 and have completed A3 Merciless. I'm about to start into some maps because I feel my build is ready.

My primary skill that I use is Arc and I use a totem with arc as well. I curse using Conductivity.

My primary Arc is supported by Faster Casting, Lightning Penetration, and Reduced Mana.

I run Clarity, Purity, and Discipline as my auras. All supported by Reduced Mana.

I have linked my two best items, so you should know that the rest of my gear needs vast improvements.

45 Points Used - This is approximately where I was at around 45 points applied (~level 33-35)

Light CI Witch level 64 - This is my build so far.

Light witch level 72 - This will be my build by level 72.

New level 72 build - Ditched a little of the things in the Templar section so I could pick up Static Blows.

Level 75 - Picked up one more +30 str node that's on the way to Static blows. (This allows me to not have to worry about +str on my gear for clarity/totem levels. Possibly can be regretted later if not needed). Also grabbed the two shock nodes in the middle part of the Witch start area.

Level 80 - Level 80, I would like to pick up Ghost Reaver and finish out level 80 by picking up the lightning shock after Static Blows.

I'm currently at 2300 ES with all resists at 78%. I take VERY little damage, and my ES will only increase as I pick up better gear. My main Arc is at 1200 dps (+31% lightning penetration) with a .5 second cast time and my Arc totem is at 400 dps. Keep in mind I use conductivity which is currently 45% lightning resist reduction. This means my main Arc is penetration 76% resists so even "resists lightning/elemental" mobs take a good amount of damage.

If you have any suggestions, I'm happy to hear them, and if you have any questions, please ask!

IGN: BitchyWitches
Last edited by FreeMark on Feb 14, 2013, 2:39:51 PM
It's a solid build; here are some of my observations and thoughts:

-You don't have the shock nodes at the north side of the tree.
-The 6% lightning damage above the 18% and two 6%'s next to the other 18% are kind of a waste since you can -take 10% nodes near other useful stuff as well (shadow area 1x9% and 1x10%)(1x10% below the 3x3% cast speed nodes directly south)
-More mana/mana regen than you really need.
-Not enough +cast speed.

Shock is probably the most important thing as lightning for DPS increase; cast speed is a close second. Mana leech should take care of your regen needs (I don't even run clarity and I never run out of mana with cast speed of .3) I run discipline and haste; sometimes I swap out haste with clarity or purity depending on the situation.

Here is my current build at lvl 77.

Here is what my build will be at 85.

Right now I have 2.5k ES; and my gear currently sucks (I'm jealous of your 5-link). My goal is at least 4k, but not sure if I'll have to spec out of some spell damage in order to put more points in ES for later survivability. I am a bit of a glass cannon; but as long as I'm careful I do just fine.

Feel free to critique mine as well, cheers. :)

EDIT: I accidentally a word.

Last edited by d1ck_richard on Feb 11, 2013, 11:52:24 PM
@d1ck_richard

Your build is nice buts its PURE DPS, his build has alot of defensive skills, witch are very immportant later on. What do u have to say in your defense! :P And tell me more about that skill incrased shock duration
"
StrikeIT wrote:
And tell me more about that skill incrased shock duration

Pretty sure he means static blows.

And yes, imho that a must-have on a lightning witch.
ign: Bowsomnia
"
StrikeIT wrote:
@d1ck_richard

Your build is nice buts its PURE DPS, his build has alot of defensive skills, witch are very immportant later on. What do u have to say in your defense! :P And tell me more about that skill incrased shock duration

I freely admit that my build is almost pure offense. But with good gear I should be able to break 6k ES. I may spec out of the two spell damage nodes on the shadow side to get more ES; haven't decided if the trade off is worth it. Like I said as long as I'm not stupid I don't die.

This also means I get less loot in parties because I kill things from more than a screen away.

When I solo I use skele totem; supported by extra life and minion speed. I also raise three zombies supported by culling strike. That's usually enough to keep the baddies off of me while I destroy everything from a safe distance.

I wouldn't recommend it for HC though that's for sure ;)

Solo combat goes down like this:

-huge pack of mobs coming
-drop skele totem between me and mobs
-cast conductivity
-spark volley (supported by fork, mana leech and faster casting; .25s cast speed)
-hold down chain till dead (supported by lightning penetration and increased critical damage; .3s cast speed)
-everything dies in a glorious display of lightning
-collect loot
"
Matt3s wrote:
"
StrikeIT wrote:
And tell me more about that skill incrased shock duration

Pretty sure he means static blows.

And yes, imho that a must-have on a lightning witch.

Yeah, I'm going to try to make my way up there, I'm reworking my up to level 72 build and will repost it after I get it finished. I'll try to build one to level 80 also just to show where I eventually will get. For now, the quality Arc covers my extra shock until I can get up there.
Builds up to 80 are now added.
Building a lightning Witch myself at the moment and I've got this build planned out for now:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMFWwdjB6UOSBEvEVARlhOeFVAV5xa_FvMabB8CJjwnqSlPLJwsvy0fL502xTrYO-FG10myTdhXK13GXfJgbWZPZ71tGXBScNVzU3OzdhF-M35Zfq9_xoFJghCCm4fbiEKLjIw2jHaNGY5kj0aZmpuhnaOdrqIuoqOkkacIpyuyOLUEtve2-rvWwFTBtMHFwfPDbdDQ1U_YJNrd3Yzd895337DgEuFz4vfkIuTs5oHrY-wY7DjtIO5v8GvyHfPq96b8qw==

defense-wise it seems to be mostly the same, you've got slightly more ES and slightly more resistances (at the cost of many, many more nodes though) but a lot less crit and casting speed as well as less armor and evasion, possibly making up for the slightly reduces ES.

Just seems to be kinda ineffective to get a ton of 8% ES nodes when there's 8% ES and 8% armor or evasion to be found, not to mention the bigger 20% ES, 20% armor and 10% resistance or 10% ES, 10% recovery, 10% evasion and 10% resistance nodes that are also there.

And on the way to reaching those you get to pick up all kinds of crit goodies for just a few extra points.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
I just wanna know why neither of u go for the spell crit chance. Is it not worth it? Or what is the deal with that?
Which way should I go first I would love if you made a level 35 link or something <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info