[2.0] Dual Ice Shot Totem - [HC] [Atziri] Viable - XTRA Cheap/Effective/safe - 90K+ DPS. VIDEOS !

"
1mpact wrote:
"
gbjfrtswym wrote:

Wait, you changed the bow? The bow adds an extra 100% more damage. Combined with Point Blank that makes it 300% instead of just 150% from just Point Blank. It might show a larger tool tip dps, but the tool tip dps doesn't take into account the multipliers. If it more than doubles your tool tip dps then I can see why you'd think about switching. Otherwise I think you're better off with Chin Sol if you're using Point Blank.

Dropping RT meant I gain crit, freeze, and the bow is 100 more pDps with .35 more aps, with chin sol I'm at 3400 dps, so it's over double.

3400 dps with chin sol and point blank : 10200 DPS at close range.

The point of this build is not only crushing maps. It's also a STRONG build in HC. Think about temporal chains + knockback + chilled ground. Amazingely defensive

"
Kikoyou wrote:
"
1mpact wrote:
"
gbjfrtswym wrote:

Wait, you changed the bow? The bow adds an extra 100% more damage. Combined with Point Blank that makes it 300% instead of just 150% from just Point Blank. It might show a larger tool tip dps, but the tool tip dps doesn't take into account the multipliers. If it more than doubles your tool tip dps then I can see why you'd think about switching. Otherwise I think you're better off with Chin Sol if you're using Point Blank.

Dropping RT meant I gain crit, freeze, and the bow is 100 more pDps with .35 more aps, with chin sol I'm at 3400 dps, so it's over double.

3400 dps with chin sol and point blank : 10200 DPS at close range.

The point of this build is not only crushing maps. It's also a STRONG build in HC. Think about temporal chains + knockback + chilled ground. Amazingely defensive

I'm in Tempest. Without even using Temporal Chains I still very rarely get hit with the knockback + chilled ground and smart placement of my character. Broke 8400 tool-tip dps recently. Very strong. Hit 80 and got Zana and have recently started doing some maps. Will post more progress from Tempest (Pathof6link) in the future.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
Ok..so this may be a stupid question, but I'm pretty new to this game so I'd love some info. I see that you take ancestral bond in your tree. Why would you use a bow over a wand if you can't deal damage? I think I'm missing something here. I'm assuming your totems get the bonuses from your bow and spell damage doesn't matter as much as the other stats? Only thing I can think of. Would love for this to be cleared up, looks really fun! Thanks :)
"
Ok..so this may be a stupid question, but I'm pretty new to this game so I'd love some info. I see that you take ancestral bond in your tree. Why would you use a bow over a wand if you can't deal damage? I think I'm missing something here. I'm assuming your totems get the bonuses from your bow and spell damage doesn't matter as much as the other stats? Only thing I can think of. Would love for this to be cleared up, looks really fun! Thanks :)

Well we are using Ranged Attack Totem. So its using our bow. With that we are using Chin Sol which gives an extra 100% (300% total if you include point blank) more damage at close range.
Ah, thank you. I forgot it was ranged attack totem and not spell totem. I knew it was a noob question. :)
Another question, cast when damage taken gem...says only supports skills level 38 or lower at level 1. Is this true?

Also, are the skills that are in the items on the main page the ones you use or do you use the ones in "my links"? I'm so confused. I don't understand why it's showing different links in the main part and in the my links section.
Last edited by Standardbmxguy22 on Sep 5, 2015, 4:45:26 AM
For leveling up, which route would you go after you get dual totems for HC/Tempest?

1) Straight down to iron grip
2) Through the middle straight to point blank
3) Through the middle, mana flows / master of the arena then point blank

Of course with all paths, you'd go slightly out of the way for all HP nodes.
"
antelopesalad wrote:
For leveling up, which route would you go after you get dual totems for HC/Tempest?

Currently 60ish in Tempest leveling as FT :

I went middle until I reached Sentinel, then went down to Iron Grip picking up the life nodes, afterwards continued to Bravery / Mana Flows, then finally picked Point Blank.

Wondering why take Master of the Arena, if it's for the life reg I think I'd rather skip it and Mana Flows and go for Shaper.

rgz,
BeWitched
"
BeWitched wrote:
"
antelopesalad wrote:

Currently 60ish in Tempest leveling as FT :

I went middle until I reached Sentinel, then went down to Iron Grip picking up the life nodes, afterwards continued to Bravery / Mana Flows, then finally picked Point Blank.

Wondering why take Master of the Arena, if it's for the life reg I think I'd rather skip it and Mana Flows and go for Shaper.

rgz,
BeWitched

I was leveling as flame totem on Tempset. I went straight for Mana Flows. You can skip Mana Flows and get Shaper if you plan on having Mana and Int on your gear, otherwise you will not be enjoying life as much. After getting Mana Flows and Bravery ( I don't get Master of the Arena), I went for all the life nodes towards Iron Grip. At level 70ish I had enough skill points to spec out of Light of Divinity and into Catalyse + Point Blank, Iron Grip, and Resolute Technique.

"
Another question, cast when damage taken gem...says only supports skills level 38 or lower at level 1. Is this true?

Also, are the skills that are in the items on the main page the ones you use or do you use the ones in "my links"? I'm so confused. I don't understand why it's showing different links in the main part and in the my links section.

Cast When Damage Taken does only support skills lower than that at level 1. I'm using a Level 1 Arctic Breath (will swap for Immortal Call against Atziri) on my CWDT.

If you want to see how my gems are set up you can check out my Character profile - Character ColdTowel - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gbjfrtswym/characters
"

I mentioned master of the arena because it's in the OP's skill build listed here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EswagDc0OPBDMFHEUdRUgGJEZtBo4HM4i4icvKhMqTStQLOktgzGeMn4yiTWSOlI62DrhPAU8LT8nQ8hG10d-R-JKyE8EVylX4ljlWfNaK1pSW6Bbr2SEZU1mVGaeaGVo8m5pbqpxhXIPcql1y3asd-V7IHvDfA582YIHgpuDX4PMhNmGs5BVlG-iAKPypDmkwqZXp1Womqyqr6e18rc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbDE8T2xq7PftX42L3ZfN0N4XPqGOpi7SDvfPAf8kXz3fcy-JP46_m9-d3-Cv5U_oc=?accountName=Kikoyou&characterName=Hardass

@gbjfrtswym, thanks. That makes sense for progressing up as flame totem. No point getting iron grip and point blank until you're bowified.
Last edited by antelopesalad on Sep 5, 2015, 5:12:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info