[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

"
Ivanglez wrote:
Hey man I have been trying to get this build to work for me. I don't have most of the 4l pieces I need to be able to make it work but I am having trouble getting the Assassin Mark+Curse on Hit+Herald of Ice to work. Has it been removed in 2.4?

I tried changing the gems around and still can't get assassin mark to work with any of the gems you have set up. I have my gems set up on a 4l exactly how you have yours set up but still no luck.

Thanks!

I have experienced some troubles with Herald of ice aswell when I was using it because I always killed my enemies immmediately. Only few enemies did get cursed, those who didn't die at once, which made it quite hard to keep my power charges up.

If you are using Herald of thunder as I am using it right now, it shouldn't be a problem to keep your power charges up. It is important that you are using physical to lightning to be able to shock your enemies when critting so enough crit chance is essential aswell.

If you still can't get that work I will need more informations, for example your gear :)
"
AquaFreeze wrote:

Hey Aqua i have a big question for you.

Em i Can't seam to find which Jewels you are currently using for the guide. can you give us a list for it?? or add them to the guide? sorry if its too much to ask and thank you in advance
I have posted my jewels in my gear part, hope that helps :D
"
AquaFreeze wrote:

Alright, so I guess you have understood the stun mechanic a little bit wrong but thats no problem :D
You only get stunned if you get hit by enough damage, I am not sure how much % of your life it needs to be but if you search for it you will find out a lot about that.

If it would be the case and something stuns you, you would get stunned by a 70% chance thanks to heart of oak, thats right.
You should notice that US makes you unable to evade attacks. Without evasion rating thanks to IR I am still able to evade enemy attacks since their accuracy isn't 100% which is quite strong.
So I can use Enfeeble (my defensive curse) very well to survive those attacks (and it makes enemies less accurate). Please also note that, even if you get stunned, IC will get casted by CwDt and you will be able to escape before you will get stunned another time or killed.

All in all I think that US is not as good as it sounds, it also takes away lots of opportunities and on this build you have to spend many points to be able to use it.

Sorry, I probably didn't phrase my point very clearly. Obviously no character is going to get stunned on every hit - I merely meant of all the occasions where you do get stunned, US would prevent all, whereas Heart of Oak prevents 1 out of every 3 occasions. If your stun chance is very low, then US is irrelevant anyway.

I take your point on the evasion, but that is only really going to be around 5%. It is an interesting alternative; I'm going to have to investigate. Thanks.
in my experience with IR it can actually go up to 20%.
I think both are viable, the question is if you want to spend many points for something you can almost completely avoid by using granite flasks. Personally I think that it costs too many points but you definitely find your play style and with finding that out you will also know if you like US or HoA better.
How long does it take to complete this build? As in hours ~
So I guess with "complete" you mean that you want to make this build work for you. It totally depends on how far you are in this game and how much experience you have. If you already have a character between level 85 and 90 (ranger or shadow) who hasn't been used since 2.0 you don't need to make a new char. Otherwise the leveling would probably take between 1 and 2 weeks, depending on how often you play, maybe longer.

The more difficult point is the gear. If you have already currency and stuff you can just buy what you need, otherwise the most difficult item will be a 5l / 6l chest (I prefer Belly). It will also take some time to get good jewellery, I was lucky and found stuff but if you aren't that lucky it may take quite a while.

As you can see it really depends on your experience with this game :)
Update: I'm back from a quite long break from PoE because there was nothing new to test, improve and most important, to enjoy.

There are some buffs (melee splash) but also some nerfs (adder's touch sucks) to this build with 2.1.
To be honest there isn't much to change from 2.0 towards 2.1 for this particular build and it should still be strong.

Personally I am very interested in doing something with poison and this is why I will play the talisman league and test a dual strike build with poison and stuff.

If you have any questions don't hesistate to ask me, I am always happy to help you with this build and maybe I can improve aswell :D
Been following your build for some time. It'd be great if you could update the build for 2.1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info