[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

Alright, I have some updates and hope that you can understand me, since I do this guide for fun I want to figure out the best things for this build which is the reason why I wanted to test the evasion/dodge version.

It was kinda weird to get hit only by every second hit and hard to understand how to play it. In comparison to reave builds you need to go in very deep with dual strike and it didn't seem to fit well since I couldn't take many hits with low damage reduction.

So I decided against my last post and wont play that build because I just don't see any chance to survive the endgame.
Sorry if I confused you, I did get confused by that aswell...I was expecting it to work better :D

Nevertheless I learned some interesting things, for example that you can evade attacks without evasion / with IR. This means so much for this build (enfeeble will be stronger than temp chains as the defensive curse), US seems to be a bad coice since then.

In the following days I will make some changes but nothing you won't be able to take, you don't even need adapt to them if you don't want to since this build is working fairly well on its current state.

Last edited by AquaFreeze on Sep 10, 2015, 3:17:06 PM
Hi,

I am trying acrobatic build right now (for few days). Just 7 regrets to chang for me. Survivability is better (edit: much better) (but I didnt try hard bosses, because trying to finish 90 level).

Right now I keep my Cherrubims Maleficence armor. But maybe I try buy some cheap Hyrri's Ire for test and try using Abyssus again.

My current tree is https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAAYAXgUtBX0FtQguDY0OSBGWEdUV9haqFr8ZjiLqI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDIBNj06Qj3RQzFEnkcGR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdTu1VLV5dbr13yYEFh4mJ5YqxjcGVNaoxsCGyMbWxwUnBWcNV07X11feOE2Yd2idOMC4w2jX2Nv5AbmhObJp2qotmjiqZ_rGaw2LGzshm0xbVIuT65fL02vqe_1cFJyBTI3M96037UI9h22sHb1Nvn3ajjn-dU53To1uyw7UHtg-4O73rxivPq9W_8xf4d_rr_3g==
ing marrenna
Last edited by marena26 on Sep 11, 2015, 6:52:13 AM
"
marena26 wrote:
Hi,

I am trying acrobatic build right now (for few days). Just 7 regrets to chang for me. Survivability is better (edit: much better) (but I didnt try hard bosses, because trying to finish 90 level).

Right now I keep my Cherrubims Maleficence armor. But maybe I try buy some cheap Hyrri's Ire for test and try using Abyssus again.

My current tree is https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAAYAXgUtBX0FtQguDY0OSBGWEdUV9haqFr8ZjiLqI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1VMHEwfDIBNj06Qj3RQzFEnkcGR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdTu1VLV5dbr13yYEFh4mJ5YqxjcGVNaoxsCGyMbWxwUnBWcNV07X11feOE2Yd2idOMC4w2jX2Nv5AbmhObJp2qotmjiqZ_rGaw2LGzshm0xbVIuT65fL02vqe_1cFJyBTI3M96037UI9h22sHb1Nvn3ajjn-dU53To1uyw7UHtg-4O73rxivPq9W_8xf4d_rr_3g==

Cherrubim's Malefience is a solid chest you can use, especially if you have some life leech (which I don't need that much because my main life gain source is regen from bino's).

Hyrri's should be your aim if you go for acrobatics thanks to its perfect synergy.

Personally it feels quite difficult to survive on 75+ maps because single hits will become more and more dangerous (act 4 mobs and bosses).
In my opinion it is too dangerous to use it on dual strike because you go in deep and one wrong move might kill you (IR forgives more mistakes in my experience) but it should work aswell.

I don't think that Abyssus is a good choice because it has no synergy with this build. Going for evasion and acrobatics will make you have almost no damage reduction from armour and abyssus will add up even more damage. Act 4 brought up many mobs with high phys damage, I would be too scared to fight them with almost no armor and abyssus.

Your passive tree looks good, I would recommend to go for flaying instead of depth perception or cloth and chain.
So I am back on my pc and decided to do my first Atziri attempt because I was low on xp anyways.

http://plays.tv/video/55f87cd982176ea5e5/first-atziri-run-pathofexile?section=feed

I died 3 times at Atziri but only because I did react like a stone. If you do everything like they show in atziri runs it should be easy not to die.

u should post recommended uniques like rat's nest and stuff
I recommend Abyssus because it is #1 for this build but I see what you mean. Although everyone should be able to afford Abyssus someone maybe doesn't like the increased damage income. I'll update soon.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Oct 7, 2015, 6:54:24 AM
Update: Completely overhauled the Gear-section and updated a lot of other things that have been improved since last time.
Hi there AquaFreeze,

I've been following your build for a while now, so that suggests I like it! I'm currently at lvl 51 with my version.

I'm troubled by the two curse you have though. Are they not regularly countering each other?

Does your change of heart, (ho ho), to Heart of Oak not mean you are stunned 70% of the time? (Well, obviously not 70% of the time, but 70% more than with Unwavering Stance - if you get my meaning). Why is this not such an issue as before?

Beyond those points, I'm looking for ways to increase the Life of the build, because I think that's the strongest way to improve survival.

Many thanks for the build, keep up the good work!

Regards,

Khelrauko
Hey man I have been trying to get this build to work for me. I don't have most of the 4l pieces I need to be able to make it work but I am having trouble getting the Assassin Mark+Curse on Hit+Herald of Ice to work. Has it been removed in 2.4?

I tried changing the gems around and still can't get assassin mark to work with any of the gems you have set up. I have my gems set up on a 4l exactly how you have yours set up but still no luck.

Thanks!
"
Khelrauko wrote:
Hi there AquaFreeze,

I've been following your build for a while now, so that suggests I like it! I'm currently at lvl 51 with my version.

I'm troubled by the two curse you have though. Are they not regularly countering each other?

Does your change of heart, (ho ho), to Heart of Oak not mean you are stunned 70% of the time? (Well, obviously not 70% of the time, but 70% more than with Unwavering Stance - if you get my meaning). Why is this not such an issue as before?

Beyond those points, I'm looking for ways to increase the Life of the build, because I think that's the strongest way to improve survival.

Many thanks for the build, keep up the good work!

Regards,

Khelrauko

Alright, so I guess you have understood the stun mechanic a little bit wrong but thats no problem :D
You only get stunned if you get hit by enough damage, I am not sure how much % of your life it needs to be but if you search for it you will find out a lot about that.

If it would be the case and something stuns you, you would get stunned by a 70% chance thanks to heart of oak, thats right.
You should notice that US makes you unable to evade attacks. Without evasion rating thanks to IR I am still able to evade enemy attacks since their accuracy isn't 100% which is quite strong.
So I can use Enfeeble (my defensive curse) very well to survive those attacks (and it makes enemies less accurate). Please also note that, even if you get stunned, IC will get casted by CwDt and you will be able to escape before you will get stunned another time or killed.

All in all I think that US is not as good as it sounds, it also takes away lots of opportunities and on this build you have to spend many points to be able to use it.

You are completely right, having less than 4,5k life is not that good and you should aim for 5k life, even more if possible.

Note that those curses usually don't overcast each other if they aren't supposed to do so in the special moment. Herald of Thunder can be kept up active and curses my offensive curse assassin's mark whenever an enemy gets close. If I get in trouble (and only if ^^) my CwDt will curse the enemies with enfeeble and makes me survive very much.

Hope those answers helped you, if anything is still open please ask me.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Oct 12, 2015, 4:25:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info