2.0.0e Patch Notes

I came back to poe mainly because of the cards, feeling a little let down. Given the reaction to this nerf, GGG will most certainly just stealth nerf other cards.
"
TrueDarkend wrote:
Though I do agree that the droprate decrease is hurting us casuals, and that more post about it might persuade a fix...
I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the community.
Please remember that constructive criticism is good, but that a thread dies as soon as someone starts bitching. Who wants to read that shit?

I agree, but I also don't know that it matters. I don't believe GGG reads most of the feedback.

Path of Exile is easily the best ARPG I have played. I've been playing since the open beta started in January 2013, with a few breaks. Every time I've taken a break it has been because I get too frustrated by the overly stingy drop rate. The drop rates are tuned to the no-lifers, which leaves everyone else out for most of the high end items.

I bought into the Awakening Beta and was really excited to both try the new content (particularly the LockStep mode and Item Filter), and I wanted to provide feedback to help the process. I ended up playing through normal one time in the beta. During that playthrough, I had a total of 2 Chaos orbs drop. Those were my best drops AND the second one dropped in Kaom's area in Act 4.

I also spent time reading the Awakening Beta forums and watching the changes coming through the beta and it seemed very clear to me that GGG was not reading the feedback. If they were, they ignored a large amount of it.

I'm glad GGG is doing well and that Path of Exile continues to grow, but I think the playerbase retention would increase if GGG increased the drop rates. For example, say the drop rates increased 50X across the board. The rich and no-lifers would get richer, but the rest of the player base might actually get to try some of the fun toys in the game. So what if the rich get richer? That won't change anything for most players and would probably lead to more stash tab sales for GGG, so GGG makes more money.

On Reddit, Chris said he was surprised there was so little backlash from the removal of Eternal Orbs. I think Chris doesn't realize that removing the Eternal Orb makes no difference to the vast majority of players. Most of us have never seen one. I haven't. I haven't had a single Eternal Orb drop and I've been playing since Jan 2013. So what difference is it to me?

I thought part of the reason for implementing Divination Cards was to give typical gamers (i.e. not the no-lifers) an opportunity to work / farm towards the items that they weren't getting to see or play. If that truly was one goal, I'm going to say the goal was missed by a wide margin.

Finally, I typed all of that out, using part of my lunch hour, because I do care about this game and community. However, I have my concerns about whether I just wasted my time or not.
I am curious how many Jack in the Box cards were dropping that it was such a huge problem. I got a single set (4 cards) leveling to 72. Was I super unlucky and the average person was getting 10+ sets or was it the 0.001% of the player base getting 100 sets that had to be nerfed?

As for other cards I got
That is it.
Last edited by Askers on Jul 16, 2015, 5:54:07 PM
"
Askers wrote:
I am curious how many Jack in the Box cards were dropping that it was such a huge problem. I got a single set (4 cards) leveling to 72. Was I super unlucky and the average person was getting 10+ sets or was it the 0.001% of the player base getting 100 sets that had to be nerfed?

As for other cards I got
That is it.

I think the official response was that they were afraid that completing Jack in the Box card sets would become mandatory for all characters. Therefor they have created a new .000000000000001% drop from fishing to replace it.
By a little farming of the Docks i got 12 Jack in the box so yeah i guess it was too high for the reward it gives. But i thought the loot table of this card was not that great and so it was "okay" to loot it more than the others.

Anyway, i wonder if they'll add more troll cards (The Carrion Crow for instance) like the troll jewels which are already in game.
You'll never hear me complaining much in the game(except regarding the final boss) but the nerf to the jack in the box card drop rate is just pure stupidity. I mean, it was fun to have a card in the game that you didn't know what the set was going to give you. It could be a crappy unique or much less likely, a very cool unique. It was really the only card set that people in chat said was worth it. All of the other card sets are pure crap.....

Honestly, I suggest you just remove divination cards completely. Because of the astronomically low drop rate, why even have them in the game to begin with UNLESS the rewards would be really good? I've only got 3 divination cards so far from playing a ton and once I found out what the reward was, I just immediately destroyed the cards......
Long time supporter, big time fan, just wanting to chime in here...

When I first heard about Divination Cards, I was so excited that they would provide a means for semi-casual self found players like myself to work towards specific goals in the game. The drop rates and response here really feels counter intuitive to that, which is disappointing. Still love you GGG, but this is a bummer. :(
"
vio wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

The Jack in the Box Divination Card now drops less frequently

Dream dead before it even started, thank you GGG.

would you rather have them stealth nerf the drop rates? because that's what you finally will achieve with your whining.

it's hard to balance the drop rates for casual gamers who want to have at least some gratification and nolifers min-maxing their playstyle.

Well, the problem is the fact that divination cards are already dropping so badly that makes their existence worthless for the most. and dont fool yourself over casual and no-lifers, this is all about in-game economy. (though maybe you meant to imply that as well)
There's no gratification, only time wasted.

This one seemed interesting because is one of the "random" ones, I sure will love to finally get an araku tiki after a few days of farming.
Oblivious
In other words, WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA FIX THE RANDOM CRASHES AND FREEZES?
The game is unplayable!

Edit : Just lost another map to bugs, nice drop rate nerf! GG
IGN : _IceBergSlim_ or Jizzmouth
Last edited by farlopa on Jul 17, 2015, 4:45:37 AM
I wonder why GGG chose to use such small stack sizes for Divination Cards.
If it took 120 cards to trade in for a Mjölner instead of 12 cards for example, they could increase the drop rate of cards by a factor of 10 without affecting the economical impact.

This way the players will actually make noticeable progress towards their goal because every dropped card brings them one step closer to obtaining the item. Right now the Mjölner cards are probably as rare as an Eternal, so people could farm the zone for months without finding one ... making zero progress in the process. The outcry was so foreseeable it makes me sad :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info