Hyper Tank Scion

Also, why not get celestial punishment and elementalist for 10% chance to proc status effects? Then with say herald of ice and thunder, you're doing rainbow damage that can proc all three status effects and with such a fast casting speed isn't that almost guaranteed?
"
Kitono wrote:
Quick Question,
Wouldn't Voll's Devotion and Romira's Banquet to build power charges (since incinerate has 0% base crit) then cwdt discharge + lifeleach + immortal call basically kick up your life gain through leach when hit while doing massive aoe damage plus death immunity?

Always having power charges then endurance charges + immortal call sounds like a good combo to me, anyone can tell me why this would be a bad idea for this build besides the mana cost issue?

It's a cool idea, but remember that I need 2 -8 pieces of jewelry to even cast my skill. I would also lose my spell block from Lazhwar.
"
Kitono wrote:
Also, why not get celestial punishment and elementalist for 10% chance to proc status effects? Then with say herald of ice and thunder, you're doing rainbow damage that can proc all three status effects and with such a fast casting speed isn't that almost guaranteed?

Sure, but what do I lose? Two purities and like 8 passive points spent on defense. I actively chose to choose defense over life when given the option between the two. This doesn't mean you have to do the same, but that was my goal with this build. I've had many people chose to run more offensive auras or drop block or something on the tree - that's fine. My version of this build, however, is to be as tanky as possible while still doing good damage.
Yeah Sincursus, about the 2nd part with celestial punishment and elementalist.
Summing up all of the increased damage between these two is about 112% more damage + 2% spell penetration PLUS increased damage from shocks say if we only use Herald of Thunder (PLUS that damage) (which ties in nicely with Tempest Shield.)

What about swapping out say Fast Casting for Blood Magic or Mana Leach Gem, then taking all of the saved mana efficiency nodes and placing them in those survival passives?

From my perspective gaining all of that dmg above, losing 50% cast speed which reduces mana cost as well as mana spent per second might be a fair trade off dps wise?

The tradeoff here is damage from a support gem (that also increases cost drastically at 6L) for the sustainability that frees up passive points & items to increase your tankability that you give up passives for celestial punishment and elementalist. This way seems theoretically to have comparable results but without the strict gear requirements?

Something like this...
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAADF9TpRyn8kGCB9l8Oth8u8T2Jy8aOJBVFm_jajbpJKqDCWjy1abtPGP9cYWxQkbXeuZYYy2ovoDbWbGQUWD7qgY58wbSIZ7NCfYGDtR8SsjauaBCiFpewNi9_grGrvnowGbvDjH7FCB_49pilKBodBhW_lQrUA3NHM7Pfq2NogAEs_AfPQ97w1pSm12omrM_T1Ye35Rvg1-DzDwtJ-3EFXIP7DjZYRku9kjEWIzPPfz60oV7QYe3PlcNXz999SSwgKRk51XWFy-Cm-0gmjtmVGaeaGXzm3xLtoaWdBo-8i_p1X7ieTmvp7682E3l0fKXt9YAAAAAAAA=

With 34% base shield + tempest shield that should be 50% block chance = 80% Damage from Cybil's
Then as I don't need so much mana efficiency or mana reservation, I would slowly replace those with more life nodes.

I'm just constructively debating with you here, not trying to say your build sucks. I think it's awesome but wonder how this twist to your build would work out. (ok maybe not the power charges/endurance charge/discharge/immortal call CWDT idea)
Last edited by Kitono on Jul 27, 2015, 8:38:15 PM
I'm running the same build and farm Atziri deathless, im trying to do Uber this week.

I got 21/20 incinerate, 21/20 purities, lvl 3 empower,

warbands by the way. What do you guys think I need to change for Uber?

check my gear:

passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwB5wSzBS0IZwthDPcNzRQgFE0YkRo4Gj4cziHDJy8rUC2oLlMx-zWSOtg64TwtQKBDMUd-SshN41BHV5RX4VoaWlJfP2VNZlRo8m6qbzt07XXLd-N4DXk5eWh673vDfuJ_44KbgwmDX4PMhNmFe41-kFWQ1po7m12ezZ_LogCmV6cwqJqpbqmVrK-vbK-nsZC18rc-t9a8n702voC-p8AawGbAv8EEwzPEFcT2xq7NmNNv1abYvdrB21nhc-RR6dXqYuw47SDtPO8O8B_yRfKX-WX8S_4K_lT-jw==
Last edited by chinez123 on Jul 27, 2015, 8:26:20 PM
"
Kitono wrote:
Yeah Sincursus, about the 2nd part with celestial punishment and elementalist.
Summing up all of the increased damage between these two is about 112% more damage + 2% spell penetration PLUS increased damage from shocks say if we only use Herald of Thunder (PLUS that damage) (which ties in nicely with Tempest Shield.)

What about swapping out say Fast Casting for Blood Magic or Mana Leach Gem, then taking all of the saved mana efficiency nodes and placing them in those survival passives?

From my perspective gaining all of that dmg above, losing 50% cast speed which reduces mana cost as well as mana spent per second might be a fair trade off dps wise?

The tradeoff here is damage from a support gem (that also increases cost drastically at 6L) for the sustainability that frees up passive points & items to increase your tankability that you give up passives for celestial punishment and elementalist. This way seems theoretically to have comparable results but without the strict gear requirements?
)

So, this is a way you can go if you want; that's what I love about this build: the versatility. However, I would choose a purity over a herald (incinerate's damage effectiveness is only 40% so shocks are unlikely unless you linked added lightning as well). As far as linking BM or ML (ML simply won't work btw), the mana cost of my incinerate would easily by over 400 per second and with blood magic that would be like 800 life cost per second entirely defeating the point of Cybil's.

You can do this build and you would probably gain dps, but I would rather have the tankiness.
"
I'm running the same build and farm Atziri deathless, im trying to do Uber this week.

It seems fine, I've been testing ways to survive Uber (not going very well yet), so far I've determined that using grace and determination with Iron Reflexes is decent along with using enfeeble or temp chains.

Your gear is probably better than mine, so we'll probably need to work together to figure out how to down her.
"
Sincursus wrote:
"

It seems fine, I've been testing ways to survive Uber (not going very well yet), so far I've determined that using grace and determination with Iron Reflexes is decent along with using enfeeble or temp chains.

Your gear is probably better than mine, so we'll probably need to work together to figure out how to down her.

hit me up ingame some time, name is Chinezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I want to down Uber this week to gain a real economic advantage, lets figure this out!
Build
"
Sincursus wrote:

Gear

I just need more jewels with this build and a high level empower and this build will be close to being an Uber killer.

This build utilizes CWDT setups in conjunction with Cybil's paw in order to heal whenever I take damage; it also helps to proc things I'm too lazy to proc on my own.

This build manages 135k single target dps without vaal haste (160k with).

Here is a run with the latest gear (6):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S52VFKY-Zo&feature=youtu.be

Hey guys, if you have questions for me message me in game @sincursus, or follow me at Twitch.tv/sincursus.

I have updated the tree and added Bandit rewards.

On gear go for: Life > Strength > Armor > Res

1. What skills to take from the tree in the first place for easy leveling?
LvL: 1-20 ?
LvL: 21-40 ?
LvL: 41-60 ?
LvL: 60-80 ?
2. Why do not you take Vaal Pact?
Last edited by MazlovMaxim on Jul 28, 2015, 5:38:15 PM
One question: is empower for auras?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info