[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
firefox241 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for this build, I'm still a beginner at this game and therefore I'm struggling with this build.
I am pretty low budget, but I can't really handle with T1 maps - on a damage lvl.

Could you maybe check my items/build to see if i am lacking some very important things, so that i could handle T1-T5 maps a lot easier?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Kind Regards,

FireFox

I am fairly new too, but took a quick look at your build. Here's my 2 cents.

Damage:
You really need Abyssus. This will boost your damage by ALOT.
you need diamond rings (you have a gold ring)
invest in higher quality gems.
get a few Jewel slots and some decent jewels.

Defense:
You need better rings.
You need higher life rolls on your gears.
you need a high armor chest.
Is your resist capped? (your resist rolls look low)
you have armor/evasion boots, maybe get a full armor one and ditch the evasion.
get some chaos resist on your gear. You have none right now.

Utility:
get some mana leech (i got mine though a Jewel, fairly cheap). All you need is a little bit, and you can ditch the mana flask.
Has anyone tried incorporating curses into this build?
Do you think it is better to drop some Jewel nodes to get more endurance/frenzy charges? at least when starting, when you can't afford a good Jewel.

This is my first character in the league, and the defense mechanics are awesome. Very easy to play.

Thanks!
Everything looks good, but it doesn't look like you have any jewel nodes on your passive tree. Also, I have been using a Decoy Totem to clear hard maps. It helps a lot, but I can't say if it is better than Ancestral Protector.
I'm lvl 71 now and I'm wondering which path I should take first on the passive tree.

Do you use 4 points to get to flaying first or use 11 points (starting from fangs of the viper) to get assassination?
Last edited by deviltoist on Aug 23, 2017, 6:41:05 PM
"
deviltoist wrote:
its my first time getting past act-3 and i am level 65 now.i die a lot(losing all portals to map :D )in T1 maps.please,i need your help..

You need to make your character tab visible so people can check you out :)
Otherwise people will find it hard to help you.
Thank you for the guide. I have one question. I am level 57. With hatred and herold of ice active I have 75% mana reservation. 25% of mana isn't enough for double strike spam, but it can be solved with mana leech. If I add one more aura with 25% mana reservation, it'll be 0% of mana. How then I can use any attack skill without blood magic?
Really nicely written guide and very fun character to play so far. Did Uber lab at 74, it was a little rough on phase 1 at first but that's the first time I have done uber lab in months so it was in part due to my own play. Phase 2 and 3 were a little smoother got it down first try and now with the extra armor it pretty much face tanks Izaro. I was running with the wrong healing flasks for a while and invested some chaos into the correct ones so I wouldn't have to worry about rolling them. It really makes a difference in this build because you are constantly spamming flasks and getting charges back from high density fights like breaches. It makes you literally able to heal and sustain through packs that you otherwise would die instantly too, the more mobs the better.

Probably the nest build I have ever played in terms of viability to gear cost and difficulty to get running as a league start.

Thanks!

"
Neks90 wrote:
Thank you for the guide. I have one question. I am level 57. With hatred and herold of ice active I have 75% mana reservation. 25% of mana isn't enough for double strike spam, but it can be solved with mana leech. If I add one more aura with 25% mana reservation, it'll be 0% of mana. How then I can use any attack skill without blood magic?

You're supposed to 4 link those 3 auras with Enlighten lvl 3/4 it reduces the mana reserved by 8% (I believe) per linked skill. You're mana pool will still be dreadfully small but since all of your other activated skills are on Blood Magic and assuming you took a Mana Leech node or Jewel to sustain it's more than enough. I think my mana pool right now is roughly 60 and I have no porblems using only 1 mana leech node for now until I buy jewels. While leveling you can also consider using a mana flask for a while although with such a low pool the leech is better. I did most of my leveling with only 2 auras and still had very little trouble with this.

FYI looking at your tree you are neighboring a mana leech node on your far right side right under the dex node. Just tick that mana leech the next time you level and say goodbye to mana issues. You'll only run out when you aren't hitting anything.
Last edited by Lethardus on Aug 24, 2017, 4:23:53 PM
Finally set up all my skills and enlighten. It's only lvl 2 so I have 24/622 mana with hatred+arctic armour+herald of ash.
Unfortunately blood rage requires 28 mana to cast :(
What would be the easiest way to sort this issue out? I was thinking I need to up my mana but that requires +72 mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info