[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Thanks for the build, have been using it this league and so far haven't really had any struggles up to tier 14 maps, it's just I didn't bother going higher yet (farming that juicy shaped strand :)).

Right now I'm around 6k hp but this can be way higher once I have %life on all jewels and optimized my gear.

To improve damage/clear speed I am using blade flurry instead of double strike though, double strike just doesn't feel right for me. Also it has a nice rythym of releasing the 6 stages every 1 second for optimal damage. Right now I am on a five-link. Optimal setup for 5-link is blade flurry-increased physical damage-concentrated effect-ruthless-faster attacks according to path of building. Faster attacks can be changed for added fire damage for more dps, but it hurts clear speed. When I switch to 6-link I will add maim to the list.

Also a level 3 enlighten with hatred, herald of ash and arctic armour helps plus the totem setup you have. I have an ice golem, molten shell and temporal chains on cast when damage taken for that extra damage/survivability. Make sure ice golem level stays equal or less to cast when damage taken to keep it from doing damage.

Whirling blades with blood magic, faster attacks and fortify support also helps getting that quick movement and fortify when you whirl into a mob.

Adding loads of mana and life leech on gear helps so much to survivability plus blood rage (watch out with degen with vulnerability), life regen is kind of useless. Also having a diamond plus sulphur flask is super nice for quickly killing harbingers/bosses. Standing still with the pantheon soul of Tukohama/Tore and in the future lab enchant on the boots for 1.5% life/mana regen when hit just makes you (near, don't play with fire :)) impossible to kill.

Am still doubting between major pantheon powers, either arakaali with shock and horror or lunaris with master of the blade. Thanks for the guide, facetanking Uber Izaro is such a good feeling with recent buffs to uber lab loot drops, very quick way of making currency ^^.
Last edited by prop_dynamic on Aug 30, 2017, 4:38:49 AM
I've been playing this build on hardcore and so far im having tons of fun. I just wanted to ask a few things, might be dumb questions cause i started playing like 2 weeks ago:

1- Is the Abyssus recommended even for hardcore?

2- How do i deal with my mana? You don't seem to use mana flask, but i can't keep it up w/o it.

3- What flasks do you suggest for hardcore? I ask this bc i see a lot of options and you mention personal preference, but i have none since i've never used any of those before.

4- Is there any gem i won't be lvling? Intelligence seems to be a problem so far.

Thanks!
Last edited by dirauter on Aug 31, 2017, 3:05:56 PM
I've got changed a bit his build. I'm using sceave sword i have higher armor and accuracy i can use leap slam and my dmg is very similar to your dmg or a little bit higher. I'm feeling more tanky than it was been before i when used dagger. I would like to try do some with block chance any ideas??
For all of those asking about mana issues, get a jewel that has % of physical attack damage leeched as mana.

As for the build, I'm really struggling with damage AND survivability, and really thinking of just abandoning this char and making a new one, here is a link to my profile:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cockumber/

Not sure what should I change, apart from everything but weapon and helm, but farming like 100 chaos orbs would take weeks at this point.

If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciated it.
Last edited by Cockumber on Aug 31, 2017, 7:47:09 PM
"

For all of those asking about mana issues, get a jewel that has % of physical attack damage leeched as mana.

As for the build, I'm really struggling with damage AND survivability, and really thinking of just abandoning this char and making a new one, here is a link to my profile:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cockumber/

Not sure what should I change, apart from everything but weapon and helm, but farming like 100 chaos orbs would take weeks at this point.

If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciated it.

jewels, rings, amulet, shield, belt... you need 6l your brass dome your helmet have too much increased physical damage taken it should be max +42%

put more exalts bro look at my profile there is a tree with sword and look at my eq

Change your flask aswell
Last edited by archi257 on Sep 1, 2017, 6:21:57 AM
Helm enchant do not aim for 40% increased blade flurry dps. If you get it, sure, but it only adds 40k dps to my already 1mil dps. While my current 150% ice golem effect gives 77k dps and I don't an insane amount of accuracy. Any other suggestions? I guess the only other one I can see being useful is the less mana reserve hatred.

Also anybody know whats wrong with path of building and poison? It says poison is only adding 1k total damage to that 1mil even with 80% crit. Is that right? Are we better off dropping the poison for something else? I guess that would end up saying replace binos and just be a totally different build.
I just got to maping and i spent like 20c in gear, i feel like my survivability is quite low. Maybe i need brass dome or belly of the beast? Or am i just doing something wrong? Btw i'm playing on hardcore.

Edit: After geting my ass whooped i swaped Abyssus for a rare helm. Now at least im not so squishy, but i lost a lot of dps, almost half. So i ask: Should i only use Abyssus after i get brass dome or belly?
Last edited by dirauter on Sep 4, 2017, 12:25:12 AM
I have been playing this build for a while now and still can't find the 6th endurance charge anywhere.

Did I miss something?
Hello

Just a quick question from a complete beginner...

Im a Marauder and just got my first skill point. Should I put it into "Melee Damage and Life" or "Life and Armor?". I cant find anywhere in this guide where there is a skill tree picture.. so Im stuck.

Please help me. Thanks a lot.

/Danny
"
Danyar wrote:
Im a Marauder and just got my first skill point. Should I put it into "Melee Damage and Life" or "Life and Armor?". I cant find anywhere in this guide where there is a skill tree picture.. so Im stuck.

You won't find a skill tree picture because there are links to it. It is right after "Aura and Buffs". In my opinion it doesn't matter where you put it, you'll get the second skill point rather fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info