[3.3] TheAmigoShotz! -Lifebased Windripper Raider! Insane Clearspeed + Deathless Shaper!

"
xbryguyx wrote:
Is this a decent league starter for say 2.6?

You can always level with easy stuff then swap to Windripper at 66. Since the meta is still poison/ignite/es, Windripper should be cheap to buy once you hit 66.
"
heinrich6745 wrote:

Doing research myself since i wanna do an archer build next league, so far it seems easy/cheap enough to start out in a new league with but i could be wrong because league prices are crazy high at the start and i tend to have terrible luck with drops. Breach league i only made 6ex max of the course of the whole league and finished with 2ex 6c total.

If anybody else replies with comments about this question you asked i'd like to know as well (perhaps others reading this also)

That is literally impossible. At league start the chaos to exalt ratio is really low and only reached like 40:1 a month before the end. Do you seriously want people to believe you farmed less than 300 chaos orb over the entire course of 90 days? Even if you only spent 30 minutes in Dried Lake every day you'd have about 10 times that amount.
"
godlyatheist wrote:
"
xbryguyx wrote:

You can always level with easy stuff then swap to Windripper at 66. Since the meta is still poison/ignite/es, Windripper should be cheap to buy once you hit 66.
"
heinrich6745 wrote:

Doing research myself since i wanna do an archer build next league, so far it seems easy/cheap enough to start out in a new league with but i could be wrong because league prices are crazy high at the start and i tend to have terrible luck with drops. Breach league i only made 6ex max of the course of the whole league and finished with 2ex 6c total.

If anybody else replies with comments about this question you asked i'd like to know as well (perhaps others reading this also)

That is literally impossible. At league start the chaos to exalt ratio is really low and only reached like 40:1 a month before the end. Do you seriously want people to believe you farmed less than 300 chaos orb over the entire course of 90 days? Even if you only spent 30 minutes in Dried Lake every day you'd have about 10 times that amount.

It's true, i couldn't get jack shit to sell most of the time even for certain things that i bought for my builds which were pretty damn good and when i decided to try to sell them later on after i replaced them they were not selling even when lowering the price down half from what i paid for them. Most of my sales were early on and near the start of the middle but later on i wasn't making any profit aside from what i found. Not to mention i was also fully supporting another person's 2 characters with my own currency as well (a family member) so it was rough but i started becoming an asshole and made the person fend for their self cause i was getting pissed not having any currency for myself.

Here are a few screenshots of my 2 breach characters both lvls 87 and 88, ended with 104/126 on atlas as well had about 2400ish/10k on the map challenge as well, i kinda stopped playing near the last few weeks of breach cause of real life stuff taking over. Also only killed 1 guardian (Mino) and never finished uber lab cause i kept dying from random 1 hits even with almost 8k life(with kaom's) or traps got me which pissed me off, feel free to look at my characters for each item if you want because i didn't show the stats in the pics below.
Spoiler

In the end though i loved my builds for the most part especially my first one, the second got too laggy however and could not party much as i lagged everybody and some died during it and during breaches i have crashed my game 4 times cause of it, was funny but annoying.
"
heinrich6745 wrote:
"
godlyatheist wrote:
"
xbryguyx wrote:

"
heinrich6745 wrote:

It's true, i couldn't get jack shit to sell most of the time even for certain things that i bought for my builds which were pretty damn good and when i decided to try to sell them later on after i replaced them they were not selling even when lowering the price down half from what i paid for them. Most of my sales were early on and near the start of the middle but later on i wasn't making any profit aside from what i found. Not to mention i was also fully supporting another person's 2 characters with my own currency as well (a family member) so it was rough but i started becoming an asshole and made the person fend for their self cause i was getting pissed not having any currency for myself.

Here are a few screenshots of my 2 breach characters both lvls 87 and 88, ended with 104/126 on atlas as well had about 2400ish/10k on the map challenge as well, i kinda stopped playing near the last few weeks of breach cause of real life stuff taking over. Also only killed 1 guardian (Mino) and never finished uber lab cause i kept dying from random 1 hits even with almost 8k life(with kaom's) or traps got me which pissed me off, feel free to look at my characters for each item if you want because i didn't show the stats in the pics below.
Spoiler

In the end though i loved my builds for the most part especially my first one, the second got too laggy however and could not party much as i lagged everybody and some died during it and during breaches i have crashed my game 4 times cause of it, was funny but annoying.

None of the char I see you have has more than 1-2ex worth of gear. The worst possible income you can get is by farming Dried Lake for the unid chaos recipe. Doing that will net you at least 0.5ex per hour without any favorable RNG, just brute force farming. Trade every currency you don't use to the one you need. Don't craft, don't try to 6s, don't 6L, just buy everything you need because it will be guaranteed and you don't lose anything in the end since no one can beat the average. What I also dont get is how you say uber lab is hard with 8k life unless you try to eat all his 1 shot ability. You could've done him on the lowest difficulty by denying him all the buffs.

I'm not a good player by any means but I think if you want to progress in this game you need to just stay focused and not fall for the common traps. I came back to the game less than 1 month before league ended, got 2 chars to 90 that I consider completed. 2745/10000 map tier completed so not much more than you but I have 15ex pure left over after buying 6L and other uniques. All I did was low tier maps by farming them as fast as possible then selling everything, whether it's 1c or 1 alt it adds up. You don't need good RNG, just efficiency to brute force the game into giving you item.
"
godlyatheist wrote:

None of the char I see you have has more than 1-2ex worth of gear. The worst possible income you can get is by farming Dried Lake for the unid chaos recipe. Doing that will net you at least 0.5ex per hour without any favorable RNG, just brute force farming. Trade every currency you don't use to the one you need. Don't craft, don't try to 6s, don't 6L, just buy everything you need because it will be guaranteed and you don't lose anything in the end since no one can beat the average. What I also dont get is how you say uber lab is hard with 8k life unless you try to eat all his 1 shot ability. You could've done him on the lowest difficulty by denying him all the buffs.

I'm not a good player by any means but I think if you want to progress in this game you need to just stay focused and not fall for the common traps. I came back to the game less than 1 month before league ended, got 2 chars to 90 that I consider completed. 2745/10000 map tier completed so not much more than you but I have 15ex pure left over after buying 6L and other uniques. All I did was low tier maps by farming them as fast as possible then selling everything, whether it's 1c or 1 alt it adds up. You don't need good RNG, just efficiency to brute force the game into giving you item.

I bought everything early-ish on in the league when prices were much higher because that is when i started playing in Breach (also came back from a 3 year break) The gear and essences i needed plus i DID mention i was supporting another person's account with my own currency so in total i was paying for 4 character builds.

As an example of what i mean about prices higher, bought my Soul Taker for 79c, Bringer of Rain for 20, 2 Essences of Hysteria for 30c, 5L Belly for 40c, Doryani's Catalyst for 40c(was around 130c before it finally started to drop and by then family member needed it so i bought it at 40c), 6L Astral play with triple resists and high life/defense for 50c (after prices lowered), 5L near maxed dmg rolls Ngamahu's Flame for 75c, a Kaom's heart for 50c was bought by my family member when prices dropped and gifted to me but we swap it out for our needs if one of us needs it (i used it for guardians only on 1 character)

Later on in the league almost all these items dropped way lower (and there were a few others i bought i did not mention that were up to 30 each. Plus some other stuff i had to do to help out my family member as well that kept pissing me off. As for Dried lake, i never farmed it more than 10 minutes due to me being bored as hell and i just ended up finishing act 4 then straight to maps, in fact i never farmed much as i progressed the game because it was pointless except years ago i did cause it was needed, even though those characters were shit cause i did not know wtf i was doing and never traded cause i refused to use the forums for that and didn't know the prices of things but poe.trade has made things easy now.
Last edited by heinrich6745 on Feb 28, 2017, 11:52:32 AM
First Option Tornadoshot - GMP - Added Lightning Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Pierce - Faster Attacks

Is this in ordem of the most important gem ?
So with the patch notes out... You guys still think the Raider will be a better choice than Inquisitor? I saw that there were going to be more elemental damage with weapons nodes in the Templar area. Think this will be enough to make them the better choice?

Also you guys think the nerf to drillneck going to make this build too weak to consider for the new league?
Last edited by Sorrugis on Mar 1, 2017, 12:18:38 AM
"
Sorrugis wrote:
So with the patch notes out... You guys still think the Raider will be a better choice than Inquisitor? I saw that there were going to be more elemental damage with weapons nodes in the Templar area. Think this will be enough to make them the better choice?

Also you guys think the nerf to drillneck going to make this build too weak to consider for the new league?

The new weapon ele damage wheel is in the south east of the tree, it wil be on the ranger side.

I am also curious what others say about drillneck.
Well... new "attack leech" nodes are already picked up in this build (Blood Drinker node), so you can guess if Templar is the better choice...^^
What do you guys say about different weapons now for elemental crit bow builds?
I know this is a windripper build, but I just thought about alternatives.
Doomfletch? Death's Opus? Quill Rain? Other?
About Drillneck:

I think Drillneck will still be a really good choice because pierce makes TS a pretty good clearing skill. We can test it within the first days of the league but i dont think a rare quiver will be better. I personally will test both options:
- a really good rare quiver
- drillneck

.... and then decide which fits my playstyle more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info