[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

"

I can't figure out if you are actually trying to have a discussion or if you are just trying to boost your twitch viewers.

Trying to get CoC discharge nerfed, and you guys to consider total hp stacking instead of mitigation stacking.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"

I can't figure out if you are actually trying to have a discussion or if you are just trying to boost your twitch viewers.

Trying to get CoC discharge nerfed, and you guys to consider total hp stacking instead of mitigation stacking.

HP stacking vs mitigation would be an interesting discussion.

Trying to get COC nerfed however... this thread really isn't a place for that. It is really annoying to read through several pages of off topic rants in the middle of a build thread.
Well I don't play much any more. I just post on the forums for entertainment. Sometimes I try to be honest, other times trollish, other times both.

This is where I'm being both honest and trollish.

Obviously the build in the OP is amazing.

But I like to be provocative.

I posted a thread on reddit proclaiming that life+es hybrid coc discharge was the most op build in PoE. Even though it ended up at +1 overall, I got around 15 upvotes.

One of the builds that people mentioned as contender for most OP build was this. They specifically mentioned Boomfish tanking a uber vaal smash.

Well my point is who cares you can tank uber vaal smash. You don't have to. It's only relevant for HC where you need to account for 99.9% of eventualities instead of 98%. If you can survive all the content in the game with much less defense than this build gets, you should invest the rest in damage.

Also this build is more expensive than coc discharge with legacy mjolner, and has even less DPS / reheal with non-legacy mjolner.

I know that trying to argue that a single build is the best overall is pointless. I just think it's fun, and others either find it amusing or annoying.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Also this build is more expensive than coc discharge with legacy mjolner, and has even less DPS / reheal with non-legacy mjolner.

I know that trying to argue that a single build is the best overall is pointless. I just think it's fun, and others either find it amusing or annoying.

Mjolner and cheap don't really go together.

I would definitely love to try out a life leech hybrid build with way higher ES. But i think it might be better to get Atziri's Acuity instead of going for vaal pact. This would of course decrease damage even further and be even more expensive.

I think the bottom line is most people here aren't after the best and cheapest build but rather want to try and push a mjolner build it self as far as it can go.
Everyone knows coc does more damage than mjolner builds if the coc build is half decent at all. Pointing that out is like pointing out the sun rises every morning.

Nowhere in this guide has anyone ever claimed that mjolner builds do more damage than coc discharge.

The point is this build does insane damage (enough to carry groups) while being insanely tanky.

Coc does more damage. Let's see you facetank some of the stuff that this build can. And if you're in groups there will come a time where you have to facetank because COC can't kill stuff in a 6 man party without having to facetank a lot of damage unless everyone in the party has a shit ton of dps (which almost never happens).

Trying to say that your build is better because it does more damage is asinine.

Its kinda apples and oranges, you certainly get some good stats and have a great build (with a funny title) at the same time your res is what 92 thats kinda low, krux can do an uber run deathless, ive done one on a different variant and you've got one with a helper (lets see if i get a rize).
Im sure krux can make his own points, the biggest point i agreed with in your feedback forum post, is that once you play a discharge build with high mitigation and infinite flask charges its hard to play much else, im probably to bad at the game now but srs, poison arrow (great clear) the puny leech i seem to get of a phys bow build seem really underpowered compared to this.
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 4, 2015, 9:23:02 PM
"
But i think it might be better to get Atziri's Acuity instead of going for vaal pact. This would of course decrease damage even further and be even more expensive.

I think you need like 70% spell crit chance before acuity is comparable to vaal pact.

"
LifeIsShyt wrote:
Let's see you facetank some of the stuff that this build can. And if you're in groups there will come a time where you have to facetank because COC can't kill stuff in a 6 man party without having to facetank a lot of damage unless everyone in the party has a shit ton of dps (which almost never happens).

Trying to say that your build is better because it does more damage is asinine.

I'm saying coc discharge is better because mjolner is mechanically capped in how much damage it can do. At least until you guys learn to finally drop romira and embrace voll's protector. And pushing defenses past the point of "able to do all content deathless" is pointless for SC.

What will I have to facetank in groups? I can already face tank uber trio and atziri. Excavation and Courtyard are easy. Wasteland voll hits for 4k (not scary vs 9k tHP + 6k leech/sec). I can leech thru shrine piety's storms and ice shots. Same with conservatory's vaal's laser. Abyss kaom hits for 3k. Daresso is hard because of his blades popping up, but if I can stay on him it's fine. Palace dom and Core malachai are the only bosses I can't facetank. No one does them in groups.

Also CoC discharge has almost 4x more DPS than your ultimate mjolner build single target. Each additional target more than doubles CoC discharge's DPS. So with 3 targets I'm doing at least 8x the damage this build is. Plus I have whirling blades. Plus my gear is cheaper (compared to legacy mjolner). Plus I have enough survivability to survive any content this game throws at me. Plus I need to be nerfed.

And since when is 40k-50k DPS enough to carry groups? Even 80-100k will feel sloooow in 6p 80+. 700k won't.

"
Fhark wrote:
Its kinda apples and oranges, you certainly get some good stats and have a great build (with a funny title) at the same time your res is what 92 thats kinda low, krux can do an uber run deathless, ive done one on a different variant and you've got one with a helper

Since when is 92 res kinda low? x_x

Maybe you can ask this guy whether hybrid coc can do uber deathless. He killed her over 70 times in the 1msc and level 92-93 in alluring abyss.

Well i got a rize:D and 92 res is kinda low when compared to 99 res. But saying all that (and knowing i shouldnt encourage you) i would be keen to try your build i like the playstyle and daggers.
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 4, 2015, 10:00:24 PM
So many parts wrong I can't even be bothered to address them all.

Here's some I can in about 5 seconds.

No one does palace dominus in groups? Is that a joke?

You can't facetank uber atziri since that would include facetanking her double flame blast. This build can't either but I'm not sure you even know what facetanking means at this point.

Try doing village ruin boss with dmg mods as in the video (the on you laughed at for this build "almost dying" at).

Also having so much mitigation is amazing since this is a game that is a grind and having layers and layers of defense makes it so much easier to survive when that oh shit moment comes or if you make a slight error or some insane monster/map mod you didn't expect hits you. It's bound to happen if you don't play perfectly 100% of the time and 10% is a shit ton to lose at higher levels.

Literally all you're saying nonstop is more dmg more dmg more dmg.

No one here is even saying you don't do more dmg. It's just that we don't care.

And obviously other people don't care since you bothered to come to another person's thread to advertise your build.

Also that guy you linked? Yeah he uses a +1 voll's and still died pre core malachai on minibosses on stream on easy mode core map.
Last edited by LifeIsShyt on Nov 5, 2015, 1:20:06 AM
"
LifeIsShyt wrote:

Also having so much mitigation is amazing since this is a game that is a grind and having layers and layers of defense makes it so much easier to survive when that oh shit moment comes or if you make a slight error or some insane monster/map mod you didn't expect hits you. It's bound to happen if you don't play perfectly 100% of the time and 10% is a shit ton to lose at higher levels.

Also that guy you linked? Yeah he uses a +1 voll's and still died pre core malachai on minibosses on stream on easy mode core map.

Actually that guy is me, and if you check further back in that video you will see that I dinged 100 in it. Your point about grinding is relevant, but again it's over over kill that makes the build worse overall. Yeah I died to shavronne because I didn't have enlighten 4 to run PoL at the time. Here's what it looks like with proper gear.

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Discharge builds will only be OP the day that people allow them in their parties without saying "Wtf discharge. Kick." Even if the lag is fixed 100%, the spell still blocks mobs from others' views which makes the rest of the party play very inefficiently.

It's not discharge builds that get you kicked. It's mjolner builds like this and the RT one that cause 15-20 procs per second and still do no damage. CoC procs 3x/sec/target and does 4x the damage per proc. Nowhere near as laggy. I didn't have any problems finding rotations that were willing to get carried in exchange for a little lag. The only thing I did do was not attack strongboxes.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Nov 5, 2015, 11:19:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info