Map crashes [Gamebreaking]

Did you post any information for them? Winmrt Trace routes, map mods, skills your using, party size etc etc. Sheesh, at least try and give them something to go on. This might get fixed quicker if instead of just complaining (anyone can do that), you actually try and help.

Without a test realm etc to go on, we players are their best source of information. Staring at data sets can only take you so far.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Aug 20, 2015, 5:22:56 PM
"
Did you post any information for them? Winmrt Trace routes, map mods, skills your using, party size etc etc. Sheesh, at least try and give them something to go on. This might get fixed quicker if instead of just complaining (anyone can do that), you actually try and help.

Without a test realm etc to go on, we players are their best source of information. Staring at data sets can only take you so far.

Its not down to your connection or a bug with a map mod or a bug with a skill you are using. The game always crashed instances if too many bodies/items were on the floor around where you were porting in. When beyond became a thing running beyond or double beyond with fracture while running high mf and grouping up massive packs of mobs etc could cause your map to crash upon reentry and it seemed fairly obvious that it was literally down to the amount of objects in the map exceeding some sort of limit. This was a rare thing, something you got once in a blue moon. Now its happening all the time but, to me at least, seems fairly obvious what the problem is. I think they know what the problem is, they patched improvements to it talking about time outs while trying to load in all the shit in the vicinity of your tp etc.

The fact you can crash your map quite consistently by porting near a pile of loot/bodies and not crash it just as consistently by running around the map looking for the most deserted spot to put down a tp says its the same problem thats been around forever that for some reason has become extremely common. This never just happened in normal maps all the time like it is now.

They know whats up they just havent fixed it or dont know how to fix it or are not making it a priority for whatever reason.

Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Aug 20, 2015, 5:59:17 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"

Its not down to your connection or a bug with a map mod or a bug with a skill you are using. The game always crashed instances if too many bodies/items were on the floor around where you were porting in. When beyond became a thing running beyond or double beyond with fracture while running high mf and grouping up massive packs of mobs etc could cause your map to crash upon reentry and it seemed fairly obvious that it was literally down to the amount of objects in the map exceeding some sort of limit. This was a rare thing, something you got once in a blue moon. Now its happening all the time but, to me at least, seems fairly obvious what the problem is. I think they know what the problem is, they patched improvements to it talking about time outs while trying to load in all the shit in the vicinity of your tp etc.

The fact you can crash your map quite consistently by porting near a pile of loot/bodies and not crash it just as consistently by running around the map looking for the most deserted spot to put down a tp says its the same problem thats been around forever that for some reason has become extremely common. This never just happened in normal maps all the time like it is now.

They know whats up they just havent fixed it or dont know how to fix it or are not making it a priority for whatever reason.

You may be right. I consistently follow the bug forums for this very reason. I adjust my playstyle based of what bugs there currently are in game.

I have run Fractured/Beyond maps on my MF'er (104IIQ/401IIR) and my Bow toon. I have yet to get DC'd because of too much loot or too many bodies on the ground. The other day I ran an Acton's nightmare for a guildie on my MF'er. There was so much loot on the ground when he came in that he nearly crapped his pants. We didn't get DC'd. I carry a flesh offering around just to blow up corpses as a just in case. I have come close to killing too many mobs on my bow toon in a fracture map, and when that happens (get a rather large lag spike), I kite some away. Going full on YOLO retard and losing a high level map is just silly IF that is exactly what's causing it. We don't know what's causing it, that's the thing. We are speculating.

20+ pages of people losing maps for various reasons and losing Zana dailies etc, there is something else going on than just fracture/too many corpses/too much loot. The optimization they did for two patches made a difference for me and I have yet to lose a map since. But that's me. I'm not saying I won't lose another at some point, as I am fairly sure I will, but the simple fact remains that the more information we can give them, the better. Just saying you lost a map is not good enough. Give them detail. Give them more details than they can shake a stick at. The absolute worst thing that can happen from giving them details is that they figure something out faster.

And I highly doubt that it isn't a priority for them. You yourself said that they've patched in improvements (If we're talking about the same thing...the code improvements). That alone shows that they are trying AND are making it a priority. Otherwise, why would they bother?
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
You may be right.

<...>

And I highly doubt that it isn't a priority for them.

He is 100% right.

And if it was a priority or even a concern, they could have disabled fracture mod a month ago.
It wouldn't have 100% resolved it, but it would have 99.9% resolved it.

Bitter truth? It contributes to the currency sink, and can mess with the progression of a solo player, a solo self found player even more, while not affecting a party at all.

Now why would that be anywhere close to a priority or even want fixing at all?
Casually casual.

lost an unidentified unique just now.

report filed.

please GGG. add this to the KNOWN ISSUES list at least, so we know you are not IGNORING the issue.

there's nothing we players can do about "game server lost contact with the realm"

Last edited by PopeJo on Aug 21, 2015, 4:07:10 AM
Underground river map (L76) just crashed & took all of my portals away... I had it crafted just the way I wanted & only got to use 1 portal.

I was booted in my HO while checking my first load of loot. FAWK

When I logged back in, the system re-applied the patch that I had installed just a couple of hours ago.

This is the same thing that was happening recently before the patch update that resolved it (minus the patch application).

I will try farming reg content for a while to see if I can re-create it w/o maps.
Was doing Olmec's Sanctum when game crashed, not the first time this happened but the first time i logged back in and my map was gone...
inventory had been reset to 1-3 min before crash.

And im not the only one, a friend just had 2 crashes in 15 min, both times his map was gone.

(Amsterdam server)
Juin
Placed portal at entrance of Orchard boss room, killed a pack of Goliaths, died to their spike barrage, couldn't reenter the map afterwards. There was no fracture on the map and 30% or so pack size so there was at most maybe 20 corpses in that room.

Meanwhile piles of corpses in Coward's Trial and no d/c:

Perhaps the size of the map plays a role too? Dunno how POE handles memory, but it seems to me large maps are more prone to the bug (Orchard, Dark Forest, Necropolis), whereas Coward's Trial is quite small.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
No response whatsoever from ggg?
Can't really give any data on mods or w/e as I can't enter the map again.
Last edited by Gastub on Aug 21, 2015, 2:39:13 PM
I lost a Plateau today, rolled Fracture on it and put ambush on it too, all I did was tp out to hideout. From looking around forum, it seems it was because I placed my portal in the middle of a huge mass of corpses?

It kicked me to login when I tried to re-enter all my portals.

Sucks! hopefully I can avoid it next time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info