[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

They will go to where ever any of your skills is activated, like in your general ball lightning direction or your desecrate.

First time playing summoner as well, great job once again NerdBro ! After the awesome Carpet Bomber, I'm having a lot of fun with this one.

A bit hard to keep up with the dex and str so far, but it's going good with the 30 points nodes. Can't wait to try some revenant action since I am using the evangelist setup. ^^

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
So, I think I've found a situation where Evangelists are better than Revenants : extremely high mob density

I got the tora mission in a map to clear out a den, and the den had those infested bears that spawn spiders. I couldn't do it. there were just too many spider adds. I literally couldn't see the floor there were so many. My zombies had multistrike instead of splash, and my revenants with chain just weren't enough to keep up.

I get the feeling that, since evangelists have an actual AoE instead of a chained attack, they would have been able to clean up a lot more effectively

I was using the evangelist for quite a while (mostly because I really didn't want to fight merc daresso to reach belly of the beast) but I finally buckled down and went and did it so I could try them out. I've been suing them for the last couple of level now, but now I think I might switch back, just to give them a second go.
I'm having issues with this build at level 65. I'm unable to do Daresso's Dream. The amount of mobs that spawn in those small arena's is just so much that I'm unable to kill them faster than they come out, so my zombies/spectres all die. Should I just go farm the aquaducts until I hit 69 for the Prism Guardian and the Grasp?
Added LMP as a suggested gem to Revenant specter setup instead of Lightning Penetration.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
WhaleRum wrote:
I'm having issues with this build at level 65. I'm unable to do Daresso's Dream. The amount of mobs that spawn in those small arena's is just so much that I'm unable to kill them faster than they come out, so my zombies/spectres all die. Should I just go farm the aquaducts until I hit 69 for the Prism Guardian and the Grasp?

Mmm... Haven't had too much problem with bosses except for Daresso's Dream boss (Barkhul) who killed me on every difficulty. Way too much monsters sometimes in Merciless...

If I may suggest, try flame dash to avoid too much harrassement and convocation a lot, also maybe try to level up one or two level ? You may need one or two more nodes if it is too hard. I think I did it level 66 or 67 using Discipline instead of haste for the bosses and of course using portals to refresh flasks and respawn your army is helping a lot.

But yeah, Prism Guardian will make your life easier for sure, but don't forget you need a lot of strength for the Grasp. ^^
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Last edited by DjParagon on Aug 10, 2015, 11:39:30 PM
I have huge problems with STR/DEX
Cant wear better gear cuz i need every bit of STR/DEX to use my gems... i think i will go for 2 or 3 + 30 nodes for both...
Hi, few questions from a beginner summoner :

- do i have to go act 3 sceptre of god each time i log in to get my evangelist?

- when evangelist die next to another mob, even if i target the evangelist with my mouse it summon the other mob, do you have any tricks/tips about that ?

- Do you have any good shield before i can afford Prism Guardian or do i stay with the Matua Tupuna till i got it?
"
Dobrazil wrote:

- do i have to go act 3 sceptre of god each time i log in to get my evangelist?

- when evangelist die next to another mob, even if i target the evangelist with my mouse it summon the other mob, do you have any tricks/tips about that ?

- Do you have any good shield before i can afford Prism Guardian or do i stay with the Matua Tupuna till i got it?

1. Yes. It's tiring to track them down every time at first, but when your Desecrate reaches a high enough level you'll just be able to Desecrate a couple of times and get 3 Evangelists.

2. Go to Options (UI, I think) and turn on corpse targeting, then hold down that key while trying to Raise the Evangelists.
"
Dobrazil wrote:

stick with the matua Tupuna until you get a +2 minion gems helm. Those +2 levels is the most important thing, as it adds an extra 2-3k life to your zombies
I was using these items at act 1 (got them with my ranger):

Spoiler

I joined a party and rushed all the way through act 2. The party was disbanded at The Marketplace in act 3, and I went to the Marketplace Sewers. Then, the goddess of luck smiled upon me, and I got this from a rare mob:

It's the item LiftingNerd recommended in his youtube video for leveling up this build.
Lucky me! XD
That item along with my helmet caps all my elemental resistances!

I'm having much fun with this build, as much as I have with the Beginner's Crit Tornado Shot Ranger Build. Thanks a lot, LiftingNerd, you're awesome!
Last edited by BlowITA on Aug 12, 2015, 1:33:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info