[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

Are revenants still going to be good after these nerfs? Or should I go back to Flame Sentinels e Evangelists? (If so, which gems should I use for Flame Sentinels?)
"
spetakju wrote:
Are revenants still going to be good after these nerfs? Or should I go back to Flame Sentinels e Evangelists? (If so, which gems should I use for Flame Sentinels?)

what nerfs? and if they get nerfed i would totaly not use them. their ai sucks so bad if they do any less damage then now totaly not worth using. they are only good at clearing packs of mobs with highish alpha damage. seems they are really good at spamming skills at the start of a fight. but as it drags on often times they will go up and start to melee. they are not good at all for boss fights.

they need to make alot more mobs viable spectres kind of dumb how in past few years only a very small number of monsters are even close to viable. may as well just make a gem "summon evangelists" or "summon revenants" since thats basically what it is
I'm almost finished my build and they nerfed revenants(sad face)
R.I.P
This is the nerf the revenants have received:

"Stygian Revenants now fire three lightning projectiles (down from five), and deal 30% less damage with them. Their revived minions now explode for 20% less damage. These monsters were extremely efficient at killing players. This purpose of this change is to prevent mass extinction of exiles, rather than to nerf them as spectres."

Revenants should still be good as specters however. There is no need to panic. Test it out and you will probably come to the same conclusion =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
This is the nerf the revenants have received:

"Stygian Revenants now fire three lightning projectiles (down from five), and deal 30% less damage with them. Their revived minions now explode for 20% less damage. These monsters were extremely efficient at killing players. This purpose of this change is to prevent mass extinction of exiles, rather than to nerf them as spectres."

Revenants should still be good as specters however. There is no need to panic. Test it out and you will probably come to the same conclusion =)
They are garbage.

40% less projectiles, 30% less damage per projectile. Changing support gems to lose lightning pen means a mild increase to projectiles and a MASSIVE loss of damage per projectile.

Whether or not the aim of the change was to nerf summoners or not, that is the outcome.
"
En1CeKa wrote:

To be fair, it's not like you need to change anything substantial. Just need to switch 3-4 gems and use some chromes to get different color sockets and you're good to go with the Evangelist build. :)
"
Ladamar wrote:
"
En1CeKa wrote:

To be fair, it's not like you need to change anything substantial. Just need to switch 3-4 gems and use some chromes to get different color sockets and you're good to go with the Evangelist build. :)

I know, but I started play this build mostly becouse I wanted try new spectres.
What do you think is better evangelist or Flame Sentinel, I dont really sure.

@edit
I tested other spectres and other variations of gems and unfortunately noone other spectre is that good as old or even nerfed revenant. Not becouse of his dmg, but his utility, revenant can clear packs from far away and in my opinions this is realy helpful, other "viable" spectres have to be much closer to enemies to doing dmg and it slows our clear speed.
I receomend using as soon as posible 3+ jewels with 15-16% minion dmg.
That should balance the nerf and maybe even use LMP.
Last edited by En1CeKa on Jul 23, 2015, 10:39:25 AM
It's really not that bad.

Raise Spectre - Chain - LMP - Minion Damage - Spell Echo. They still wreck packs of mobs in 75 maps.

I also wanted to try revenants if not stick with them (I love the shield from evangels too much).

Those of you that post nerf are still doing the spiders, how is it working out? I was curious to ask this last night when they installed patch but it was late, etc. :)
Censored.
GGG were told as feedback from beta that these needed damage nerf, but they did not take A SINGLE FEEDBACK from the beta. Beta was used only to SELL INVITES. GGG only care about money now which is why I will give them ZERO from now on.

Revenants nerf is big no matter how you slice it or what gems you change.
IGN: LessBow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info