[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

Thanks for all the information about your build, I'm enjoying reading about it.

Please can you let me know when I should be aiming to get the unique gear items in this build and in what priority?

Thanks in advance.
I'll add that.
geofris > lightning coil/saffels > dorynai's
IGN - Blackdepp
Hi there,

Cloak of Defiance is viable in this build (cuz I happen to have a 6L legacy one)

regards
What changes would you have to make to this Build if any to support Cloak of Defiance? Would the regular Cloak of Defiance work?
Can I ask why is lightning coil recommended? I don't see what it does for the build
ign:Dominants
Last edited by ExiledDevil on Jul 23, 2015, 8:52:39 PM
Just found a headhunters. Can I just use that instead of buying a Doryani's?
Hey, I've been running this build (lightly modified) in Warbands since the patch and while I'm quite happy with the performance compared to investment I can't help but feel I've hit a DPS wall. My Arc is currently at something close to 13k Tooltip DPS and I feel like the guide isn't providing me anymore options to increase that number. At least not without sacrificing huge amounts of survivability which is already only half-decent at best.

I'm currently running 74-75 maps and doing OK but my clear speed is starting to slow down. I would appreciate if anyone had suggestions on where I go from here. I've got 100-ish Chaos Orbs and 2 Exalts in my stash waiting to be spent on improvements.

GEAR:

Spoiler
"
lui36000 wrote:
Hi there,

Cloak of Defiance is viable in this build (cuz I happen to have a 6L legacy one)

regards

It might be but I don't like that kina of playstyle + it's gotten harder to gain much mana. You can try running it and drop PoL. But I don't think it will be that good.

"
TwoZeroThree wrote:
What changes would you have to make to this Build if any to support Cloak of Defiance? Would the regular Cloak of Defiance work?

Same as above. + look for lots of mana on the gear and pick 1 or 2 more mana nodes from the passive.

"
ExiledDevil wrote:
Can I ask why is lightning coil recommended? I don't see what it does for the build

It helps us mitigating physical damage by converting it into lighting damage what we resist 75% of.

"
richard_md wrote:
Just found a headhunters. Can I just use that instead of buying a Doryani's?

1. damn man you lucky
2. I don't have a headhunter and zero experience with it but it might work... probably
headhunter is a super powerful unqiue but in this build you will loos resits your other belt options would provide
tbh I don't know how headhunter will affect this build^^

"
Boyzenberg wrote:
Hey, I've been running this build (lightly modified) in Warbands since the patch and while I'm quite happy with the performance compared to investment I can't help but feel I've hit a DPS wall. My Arc is currently at something close to 13k Tooltip DPS and I feel like the guide isn't providing me anymore options to increase that number. At least not without sacrificing huge amounts of survivability which is already only half-decent at best.

I'm currently running 74-75 maps and doing OK but my clear speed is starting to slow down. I would appreciate if anyone had suggestions on where I go from here. I've got 100-ish Chaos Orbs and 2 Exalts in my stash waiting to be spent on improvements.

GEAR:

Spoiler

already made the endgame transition? other than that get arc lv. 21 and quality on your gems. that helps a lot and boosts the dps. your gear seems fine.
IGN - Blackdepp
Hey, great build - really fun to play.

In regards to leveling through normal and cruel what gear should i aim for? The uniques you suggest are too expensive for a noob like me.

I got up to act 4 in HC but just felt like i was taking too much damage and ended up dying. Should i be using armour gear or?

Cheers,
Last edited by sixer on Jul 25, 2015, 9:16:21 PM
As I suggested: Until you can afford a Lightning Coil (sadly it got little more expensive in the expansion) just run a high armour or armour/es chest and shield.
Doryani's is something you want to pick up in the endgame, so don't care about that too much.
IGN - Blackdepp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info