[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

Just trying out this build as a first character on the new leagues. I am currently level 50 and made the switch to arc on the mid 40s. Leveling was pretty easy, flame totem is just too strong, even without any support gems :D I am looking forward to actually testing the build in maps but so far i highly recommend to give it a try! Awesome work (:
Hi, first thx for the guide i am leveling with it and I really love it, the clear speed is insane!!

I am a noob so I may miss something but Why don't you use innervate? With faster casting and the herald you have 100% uptime and huge shocking ability for a better synergie with the herald it's look good to me.
Last edited by Svink on Jul 17, 2015, 11:29:28 AM
I'm using this build as the base for the Ball Lightning shadow, works pretty well into mid-50s. Innervate instead of faster casting in Geofri's might be interesting, although it's pretty bad for single target.
Hey mr. Black!

Thanks a lot for this guide, it's really great for a new player such as myself!

One question though - I've looked at your character on your profile, and you have different gem setups than you suggest in the guide. How come?

Cheers!
Guys you are awesome, thank you (:

"
Svink wrote:
I am a noob so I may miss something but Why don't you use innervate? With faster casting and the herald you have 100% uptime and huge shocking ability for a better synergie with the herald it's look good to me.

Innovate in the arc setup isn't effective. Every other gem (added lightning, faster casting, lightning pen, empower lv.3+) is superior damage wise. One thing I'm thinking of is putting innovate into the herald of thunder combination. Not for the shocking because herald of thunder never shocks, but for the onslaught buff when you shock an enemy with arc and the herald strikes kill it. This might be worth giving it a go.

"
livercat wrote:
I'm using this build as the base for the Ball Lightning shadow, works pretty well into mid-50s. Innervate instead of faster casting in Geofri's might be interesting, although it's pretty bad for single target.

When you pick up two of the templar aoe nodes this might also work pretty solid for ball lightning, yes. Innovate gives you the onslaught bonus for ~4 sec. onslaught means you gain 20% attack, cast and movement speed on killing a shocked enemy.
Now there are two issues with this.
Arc has a bad single target damage and lowering you dps against single target to 3L because onslaugt won't prock because you have to kill something shocked for it might not be the best decision.
Secondly onslaugt means 20% cast speed, faster casting can reach up to ~50%. The increased chance to shock is nice but imo not worth the loss in cast speed.

"
Phillerman wrote:
One question though - I've looked at your character on your profile, and you have different gem setups than you suggest in the guide. How come?

I'm testing around with stuff such like leveling my empower to lv. 3 and checking it'S impact. What do you mean exactly?
IGN - Blackdepp
"
Phillerman wrote:

"
Blackdepp wrote:
I'm testing around with stuff such like leveling my empower to lv. 3 and checking it'S impact. What do you mean exactly?

You're using Life Leech in your Geofri's, Enfeeble instead of Conductivity in your Herald setup, and resists and speed gems in your Brolem setup. But if you're just testing stuff then then I guess that makes sense - just confused me a little bit! :)
Last edited by Phillerman on Jul 19, 2015, 10:05:48 AM
Life leech was in there because I ran a couple of very hard maps and wanted to play safe.
Enfeeble for the same reason, but that is already explained in my guide.

The minion support might be something I will adjust in the guide as well, but those (possible) changes are not mandatory. Just a very little thing (:
IGN - Blackdepp
"
Blackdepp wrote:
Life leech was in there because I ran a couple of very hard maps and wanted to play safe.
Enfeeble for the same reason, but that is already explained in my guide.

The minion support might be something I will adjust in the guide as well, but those (possible) changes are not mandatory. Just a very little thing (:

Got it! Thanks a lot for your reply, I really aprpeciate it! :)
Any chance arc build on HC ?
if yes. can you help me with build plz
Yes it is hardcore viable.
You want help with a build? Dude this is a build guide.. look on the first page :D
IGN - Blackdepp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info