[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

When i swap added lightning for lvl 2 empower i Lose DPS, is that right?

why not keep added lightning damage in it?
Last edited by nzrocketman on Aug 13, 2015, 10:07:05 PM
"
nzrocketman wrote:

Lv 20 Q20 Added Lighting Damage > Empower Level 2
Lv 20 Q20 Added Lighting Damage = Empower Level 3
Lv 21 Q20 Added Lighting Damage > Empower Level 3
Lv 21 Q20 Added Lighting Damage < Empower Level 4

The only real argument to be made for empower quite honstly is the fact that the mana multiplier is lower compared to Added Lightign Damage with the changes GGG made Added Lighting Damage is a viable choice now and if you have no luck Vaal orbing Added Lighting Damage gems a lv21/q20 added lighting damage is 2.5-3 exalt compared to 30-40 for an empower level 4.

Whats the Damage difference between Lv 21 Q20 Added Lighting Damage vs Empower Level 4?
860 DPS. At which poinst I honstly do not think it is worth it. If you manage to roll a Level 4 Empower you're better of selling it getting that 30 EX and buying a Level 21 Q20 Added Lighting Damage for 3 exalt and put 27 EX in your bank to upgrade the rest of your gear with.
"
inf666 wrote:
Hi there,

thanks for your guide, it helped me a lot.

Since you were so happy about your vertex I just went ahead and bought one as well (it basically cost me everything^^).

Would it be possible for you to post your updated build?

Also: What do you think of Call of the Brotherhood? Wouldn't that work well with this build if you got yourself some +freeze nodes / jewels rather than +shock? I am imagining screens full of frozen mobs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAuMEBwSzBx4HpQj0DkgQWBGWE54V5xZvFr8aOBpsG_Ec3B2DHwIfxyL0JKok2CaVJy8reCycLYswWzI0NsU26UV8RZ1G10lRSbJTUlVLVcZZ813yXyph4mZUZp5o8mpDbAttGXGFcg9zs3YRfjN-WX7Hf8aCEIKbg9uFbYw2jHaPGpBVkyeUb5UulYeXl5o7muCdrp48oS-iAKSRpwisl7FCtzG86r6KwFTAZsy31XXVgdWm2CTaud-w4XPjauQi5Ozli-vk6-7tPPAf8Gvw1frS

You can not run Caal of Brotherhood while using Vortex and Lighting Coil you just cant't resistences need to come from somewhere... Besides I don't think its worth the investement the ring on its on is useless you'd need to run Herold of Ice and invest into Freeze passives which will cost you at LEAST 10 points.

@ Blackdeep final update gear and tree done now I'm at ~36k DPS:)
images

Last edited by gotteshand on Aug 14, 2015, 9:51:32 AM
Hey

I'm comparing your passive tree under profile, and the one you posted
112 vs 105 points used
112 one has a lot of crit nods used
105 one has more cast speed
Which one are you using as final build, for lvl 91?
Cheers
Last edited by SirAlfa on Aug 14, 2015, 11:52:09 AM
"
SirAlfa wrote:
Hey

I'm comparing your passive tree under profile, and the one you posted
112 vs 105 points used
112 one has a lot of crit nods used
105 one has more cast speed
Which one are you using as final build, for lvl 91?
Cheers

Simple both are for ARCer when you switch to Vortex but one is for CRIT and one is for NON CRIT. You can't just go CRIT you need to have the gear to support that...

Here the final CRIT Vortex tree @ lv 100 with double curse (conductivity and assasins mark)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzBUIHHgelCPQOSBBYEZYTnhZvFr8aOBpsG_Ec3B0UHYMfAh_HIvQkqiaVJy8reCycLYswWzI0NsU26UGWRZ1G10lRSbJTUlVLVcZZ813yXyph4mSdZlRmnmjyakNsC20ZcFJw1XGFcg92EX4zfll-x3_GghCCm4PbidOMNox2jmSPGo_6kFWTJ5RvlS6Vh5o7muCdrp48oS-iAKSRpwisl66zsUK2-rcxvOq-isBUwGbMt9D11XXVptgk2rnfsOFz42rkIuTs5Yvr5Ovu6_XtPPAf8NXyHfem-tKPRpuhGGo5UlgHDdFjQxZAhX0=?accountName=gotteshand&characterName=Augustina

Now if you get your hands on a +1 curse crit chance / crit damage / mana reg amulet
@lv 100 it'll look like this
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAuMEBwSzBUIHHgelCPQOSBBYEZYTnhZvFr8aOBpsG_Ec3B0UHYMfAh_HIvQkqiaVJy8reCycLYswWzI0NsU26UGWRZ1G10lRSbJTUlVLVcZZ813yXyph4mSdZlRmnmjyakNsC20ZcFJw1XGFcg92EX4zfll-x3_GghCCm4PbidOMNox2jmSPGo_6kFWTJ5RvlS6Vh5o7muCdrp48oS-iAKSRpwisl66zsUK2-rcxvOq-isBUwGbMt9D11XXVptgk2rnfsOFz42rkIuTs5Yvr5Ovu6_XtPPAf8NXyHfem-tIN0WNDoqMPxDt8uMoWQIV9a7c=?accountName=gotteshand&characterName=Augustina
I decided to try ARC out (I've been playing for 4 weeks now total) Randomly, i decided to give tempest a try.. It's pretty intense! I picked up arc a little early in a full group because it dropped and i loved it right away. For about 7 levels, my freezing pulse still pulled more dps, but i was hitting health/mana nodes first. Once i started grabbing the dps nodes it took off. I'm loving the build thus far, no issues with bosses although it does take a bit (didnt get vaal storm yet) to drop them, i just run around in circles and pray i dont die!

I definitely have some mana issues since i picked up my new wand with 3L, im guessing the faster casting is the issue. I'm planning to work towards the templar tree right away and grab righteous decree (unless the problem goes away before i get there!)

Here's my gear right now @ lvl 29. About 2/3 through Act3!

Spoiler
Last edited by drizuid on Aug 14, 2015, 11:25:30 PM
Thanks for advice, my gear sucks, as you can see under character.
I guess I'll go for non crit, and then respec for crit, if/when I get crit gear.

Thanks again
(Hijacked thread a little bit :D)

edit: now that you posted lvl 100 crit vertex, would you mind posting lvl 100 non crit vertex build as well, haha :D

edit2: what do you think about Enfeeble, maybe switching to off weapong, casting, and switching back?

edit3: which jewels do you use for non crit build, similar as Blackdepp's?
Last edited by SirAlfa on Aug 15, 2015, 6:12:53 AM
"
gotteshand wrote:
"
nzrocketman wrote:

Did you consider that Empower can get to "level 5" since we use a +1 helmet?
IGN - Blackdepp
"
Blackdepp wrote:
"
gotteshand wrote:
"
nzrocketman wrote:

Did you consider that Empower can get to "level 5" since we use a +1 helmet?

Nah Blackdeep these values are in a +1 helmet. So Empower is pretty much only worth it if you can get a Level 4 empower. Otherwise Added Lighting damage wins out and well its cheaper to get a Level 21/Q20 Added Lighting compared to Empower:)
Last edited by gotteshand on Aug 15, 2015, 11:50:35 AM
Alright ty (:
Let me reframe that: An Lv. 4 Empower is certainly an option if you want to squeeze the last bit out of this build :b If you are more into profit it might be deliberatly to sell it.
IGN - Blackdepp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info