[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

just tried the "end game transition" mana is an issue at fiRst

what do you think of "mana gained on kill" it makes playing fluid. On bosses ofc its not reliable
even with all the options i've listed?

that's the point, I wanted this build to be viable against bosses as well.
IGN - Blackdepp
"
gotteshand wrote:

I think I ended up gaining 14 points back and yes you can drop aura nodes entirely and still run Herold of thunder + wrath and arctic armor just find. All you need to be able to do so is a level 3 enlighten level 4 even better but after vaal orbing 12 so far I still have not had any luck:(

Current Gear

All I can say is, damn you have good gear. I have some expensive stuff for sale and if that ever goes through I'll get the vertex and follow some of the points outlined in your post.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
last night, at the young level of 38, my arc witch made her exit from tempest via Kaom's dream. A fluke accident where 5 fireballs hit me at the same time while walking up a hill ended my life. Prior to this, nothing could stand in my way. great build!

remade, sitting at 35. building up resists this time :)
Last edited by drizuid on Aug 20, 2015, 5:21:27 PM
Hi,
I just started using this, rather as a guide and not a rule book...I like to retain some creative freedom.

However, Im so puzzled as to your defensive choice... Armor or ES? Id think ES but you do have over 2k armor it seems.

After resists, what should defensive stats did you prioritize in order?

Thanks,
Hi there.

Since update 2.0.2 I mentioned some changes to Lightning warp - it became slower.
lvl80, warp-FC-LD 18 lvls. Earlier I casted Warp at screen edge, opened strongbox, and i've blinked before mobs even spawned. Now, after opening, i am taking hits for more than a second. It's strange, but I didn't find in changelogs info about editing LW/FC/LD.

What happend? And - actual question - will you still recomend these gems in your guide?

BTW. Thanks for your guide, from my first steps till 80 - i like it (:
Last edited by llihne on Aug 21, 2015, 8:44:05 PM
Hey Arcers,

First: I have to say thanks to Blackdepp for the guide and all the posters. I think I've ready every post in this topic.

I've experimented a while with noncrit-arc-setups on the Warbands league and ended up with EB, MoM and Ghost Reaver with 0,2% lightning-lifeleech only from Doryani's (it goes to ES and it's enough with this setup).
My auras: Arctic Armour, Herald of Thunder and Wrath.
I'm playing with the Vertex and need to level up my Arc to 20, then I'll use the vendor-quality-recipe, level again (3 arcs on the second weapon slot) to get a lvl 21/20%Quality Arc-gem.

I have plenty of fun with this build and the experimenting is very funny, too.
I know it's not the "most damage version", but I appreciate the defensive(-system) combined with good damage.

This would be my final lvl-100-tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBAcEswceCPQJqg5IEFgRDxGWE54Wbxa_FvMaOBpsG_Ec3B2DHwIfxyL0JKomPCaVJy8reCycLYsvnTBbMjQ2xTbpOlg62DsNRKtFfEbXSVFJsVVLVa5VxlnzXfJfamHiZlRo8mpDbAttGXGFcg92EX4zfq9-x3_GghCCHoKbg9uFMoV7iEKLjIw2jRmPGo-mj_qQVZMnlS6Vh5eXmjudrqEvogCkkacIrJesmLFCtDi-isBUwGbAmsHFzLfQ0NV11abXz9gk2V_Z_Nq52wvdjN-w4BLhc-Nq5CLk7OUZ5Yvr7uw47TzviO_r8B_w1fk3-_U=

Normal: Oak (40 HP) / Cruel: Alira (5% Castspeed) / Merciless: - (Skillpoint)

"
llihne wrote:
Hi there.

Since update 2.0.2 I mentioned some changes to Lightning warp - it became slower.
lvl80, warp-FC-LD 18 lvls. Earlier I casted Warp at screen edge, opened strongbox, and i've blinked before mobs even spawned. Now, after opening, i am taking hits for more than a second. It's strange, but I didn't find in changelogs info about editing LW/FC/LD.

What happend? And - actual question - will you still recomend these gems in your guide?

BTW. Thanks for your guide, from my first steps till 80 - i like it (:

I expected this Warp-change, too.
I'm still using it for Strongboxes and maybe it'll get better with 20% quality on Warp, Less Duration and Faster Casting.

P.S.: I know that I have to improve my English and I'm working on it.

Greetings
What do you think about using Blood Dance boots on thsi build?
I bought a Vertex yesterday and was able to despec 5 points (righteous decree and deep thoughts). I can't remove sovereignty since there's no way I can afford 2 level 4 enlighten.
My mana pool is at 115 with 65 regen but that's more than enough for everything and I never run out. I might even try to lower it further to get more DPS.
Right now with everything on I'm close to 15K. I'm debating whether to go for Faith and Steel or just some more elemental damage.

Has anyone used this build on Atziri ? Its not very suitable but maybe at higher levels it just might make it.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Aug 23, 2015, 8:14:49 AM
First of all Blackdepp, thanks for posting a great guide. I'm still relatively new to PoE (that is, I'm still learning and am extremely poor ;), but the Ranger I first made in Warbands, just is nowhere near as much fun as this build, and the Witch is only 59 still.

I have read every post in this thread but excuse me if I've missed something or forgotten, however I have a couple of questions.

So far, I'm still using Moonsorrow, and I have Geofri's Helm and Saffell's Shield; still waiting on the belt, but I have a few levels to wait anyway.

My rares are a quite average, and I'll have to do some careful shopping to afford decent upgrades, assuming I don't get the wrong things :) I do have that Unique Jewel however (no idea where it came from) and have it in the jewel slot to the far left.

My questions relate primarily to gems though, as I'm sure they often do.

1. I have the buff gems all in one item but am not able to run them all. Is this simply a mana issue for me, or am I missing passives? I haven't yet taken the -mana for buff nodes to the top left. I went up the middle with passives, then to the left; I've yet to go back to the right. So as it is, I'm not able to turn on the Lightning one; just running Arctic Armour for defence and Clarity for mana regen. And my Enlighten is only level 1.

2. And I know this one has been touched on, but I had been running Molten Shell AND Tempest Shield before fitting my gear at 59 and setting up my gems properly. Now I don't have a spot for them and I see you were using Molten Shell in one of your video's Blackdepp. Further, as has been noted here, running either in Saffell's apparently won't work due to no blocking, is this correct? I appreciate I'm supposed to be a ranged toon and stay at a distance, but I also like security for those "oh shit" times. Is there any way to retain that safety buff? Would following your thinking for Enduring Cry with Increased Duration and ?? in my3s/l shield be worth a crack?

3. Also, I have two slots in my spell bar free which I assume one will be for Vaal Storm Call, and the other the buff? I read someone here say there's a way to assign multiple buffs to one slot on your bar, is that right? If so could anyone elaborate?

Sorry for all the questions folks, I'm just trying to do Blackdepps build justice on my limited budget, and any assistance would be great :)

P.S. Gotteshand; insane gear mate! Very impressive set up. May I ask how the hell you get so rich in this game in such a short amount of time? o.O Any genuine advice here much appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info