[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

First of all: Damn guys you are active as fuck :D Ty very much for your participation

Secondly: Skilltrees should be working again

Have fun and a nice day (:
IGN - Blackdepp
"
gotteshand wrote:
Hi,

I updated to "The Vortex" today and I must say its amazing the 50% reduced mana cost means you can respec so many % max mana and mana regen points. Its def worth it.

Spoiler

Not sure how much move I can cut down on mana regen before it stops working... right now i'm at 92 mana/s still and its fine. Even with added lighting damage socked in.

I guess all thats left is to switch rings around a bit and the gloves to allow me to remove stupid +24% light res from the amulett and add crit chance to it.

But this playing around with Vortex made me realize that I feel arc would be a much much better build with ES. It just feels that way to me dunno if I'm the only one thinking that.

PS: If you could take a look at my skill tree and tell me if there is anything I could still optimize I'd appriciate it:)

That sounds great (and expensive). How many points were you able to despec using this ? Arctic armor + herald of thunder + wrath =100% so you can't remove things like sovereignty but you can probably remove righteous decree, deep thoughts etc
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Aug 8, 2015, 4:36:56 PM
Hi, a question about mechanic of herald of thunder in this build, as herald of thunder i believe is casting in a range around the character which means to get it hit the creeps i have to walk into it. Does this increase the risk of death for a low armour witch?

Tia
Yeah but you don't need to curse every enemy. It's mostly only for those who still stand after a few arc were already casted. And HoT only needs to strike once.
But thb I never had a problem with it's "aoe" and I never felt like I was closing up too much with the monsters.
IGN - Blackdepp
Hi first of all, thanks for this guide ! I've started a spec more or less like this before seeing this topic and it helped me a lot for things I wasn't sure due to being a new poe player.

I've just some doubts for the Lightning Coil, especially at its current price. I've currently the Daresso's Defiance chest that mitigates already quite well the incoming damages with the combo CoDT+Immortal Call low lvl. With that in mind do you think that the investment in the Lightning Coil would be really worth ? Thanks for advises.

Real.
I really wish there was the end game skill tree that has all the stuff im suppose to respec out of already.
"
Blackdepp wrote:
Yeah but you don't need to curse every enemy. It's mostly only for those who still stand after a few arc were already casted. And HoT only needs to strike once.
But thb I never had a problem with it's "aoe" and I never felt like I was closing up too much with the monsters.

Thanks for the reply and guide as well, excellence and well presented. This build is really good for a budget/casual player as only need one weapon where is the most of cost coming from comparing with dual wield. At moment, my passive tree is a mix of yours and critic(like the sound and gore when critic), it is going well only lv81 and ordinary gears except all those unique tips damage can get 14000 with power point not mentioning the element penetration. Will keep progressing, and see what i can get at lv90, still quite squishy though especially against some heavy physical hit boss/rogues.

Thumb up
Hey, I'm a zealot of arc too. It has been said that ES would be better. Any ideas how to tank your char? I've es & shav, playing non-crit arc, almost the same tree - exception is I took many aura's nodes (6 auras) and ES instead of life. Problems are - not enough dex and str (probably bad gear) and problems with survival... Lightning coil is pretty decent item for this. But, dps is really insane - 34k with PoH. Only way I've found - Life Lich :-/ If we'll find a way how to survive, life lich will be changed with inntervate - much more dps and Empower will be increased till 4 lvl - probably, 36k dps :3

Thank you!
Last edited by velhojanoita on Aug 11, 2015, 2:05:43 PM
Great build, am having a good time. My question has to do with curses. I understand that I can only have one curse up on an opponent at a time. I am using your standard CoH and 'Herald of Thunder' to apply 'Conductivity'. My question is that I am also wearing 'Asenath's Gentle Touch' which is continuously over writing 'Conductivity' with a level 5 'Temporal Chains', so which one gives me the best bang for the buck. Bottom line, should I quit using 'Asenath's Gentle Touch' (or maybe go for dual curse)?

Thanks again for taking the time out to document your build.

[Edit]

Just for the fun of it I replaced one of my rings with a "Doedre's Damning Paua Ring". Now I am enjoying the best of both curses and don't seem to be having any ill affects. I am not sure what the future holds, but for now it is working.
Last edited by Skua99 on Aug 11, 2015, 11:14:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info