[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

Great to hear that guys. (:
Please keep in mind that there are for sure a lot of possible variations of my build. Maybe even more effective as "the original", but I found the setup I'm presenting here the easiest and less complex one. (:

Besides that, have a great day.
IGN - Blackdepp
"
"
gotteshand wrote:
Hi,

I updated to "The Vortex" today and I must say its amazing the 50% reduced mana cost means you can respec so many % max mana and mana regen points. Its def worth it.

Spoiler

Not sure how much move I can cut down on mana regen before it stops working... right now i'm at 92 mana/s still and its fine. Even with added lighting damage socked in.

I guess all thats left is to switch rings around a bit and the gloves to allow me to remove stupid +24% light res from the amulett and add crit chance to it.

But this playing around with Vortex made me realize that I feel arc would be a much much better build with ES. It just feels that way to me dunno if I'm the only one thinking that.

PS: If you could take a look at my skill tree and tell me if there is anything I could still optimize I'd appriciate it:)

That sounds great (and expensive). How many points were you able to despec using this ? Arctic armor + herald of thunder + wrath =100% so you can't remove things like sovereignty but you can probably remove righteous decree, deep thoughts etc

I think I ended up gaining 14 points back and yes you can drop aura nodes entirely and still run Herold of thunder + wrath and arctic armor just find. All you need to be able to do so is a level 3 enlighten level 4 even better but after vaal orbing 12 so far I still have not had any luck:(

You will need really good gear though pretty much mana/life on both rings and amulet and ideally on your gloves as well. That way with lv 3 enlighten you get to about 90-100 mana while running both aura's and arctic armor. But you really really need Vortex to do any of this and when you do this you are giving up on ever running ARC in your 6L armor (not that you'd want to anyway).

My Vortex will look like this soon: Arc lv21/q20 - lighting pen lv21/q20 - spell echo lv21/q20 - empower lv 4

This will beat even a 6-Link sounds hard to believe right? But it does because the amount of mana passive points and Eleron mod rings and stuff you need to sustain a 6L is insane (Besides try getting 5 blue sockets in Lighting Coil, I've tried and given up after ~25k Chromatics). And what does that do when you are required to have -mana skill cost on both rings and Manga regeneration + tons of mana/mana regeneration passive points? Right it costs you damage. Right now I'm at 30k dps with 4L and I'm not even using empower level 4 yet or arc lv21 once I get lucky with these to I expect my damage to go up to at least 35k. Which is about same you get from 6L.

Ideally if you go Vortex you also wand 2 Jewels with -4% to 5% Mana skill cost with nice adds ideally spell crit/lighting spell crit/lighting spell crit multi. Yes that combo is possible and its stupidly strong I got one of these still searching for another one but damn its hard to get..

As for passive points with all these free'd up mana regen / max mana / reduced mana / aura passive points you invest into crit and spell crit as well as crit multi and spell crit multi.

And if you are lucky and managed to get 4 blues in your lighting coil you go double curse thats the ultimate endgame goal doh lv ~95. Even better would be +1 Curses on the amulet but gl getting that I've been burning though really good amulets like crazy trying to get it no luck..

Curse on Hit - Enlighten lv 4 - Herold of Hhunder - Herold of Ice - Conductivity - Warlords Mark

and if one day I get freaking 5 blues it will be this:

Curse on Hit - Enlighten lv 4 - Herold of Thunder - Herold of Ice - Conductivity - Assasins Mark

If you ask why Herold of Ice its simple its a nice way of applying the curses onto packs. To do that we need to take up the sovereignty passive circle again so that shit is pretty much the last thing on the list and only possible once you reach lv 99. If you don't want to drop Arctic Armor that is if you don't care about it, it can be done earlier. But this still requires 2 lv4 enlighten so as you can see its pretty silly build but I'm still going that way because why not:) Dream for me obviously is to get lucky with a Crit chance/crit damage/mana reg 50%+/life/mana ammy and get +1 curses on it.

I think I wasted 30 exalts so far buying amulets and vaal orbing them most turned to shit:) only one turned out nice with lighting leech but.... not really what I'm after:(

Next goal is going to be better gloves 400+ armor 40+ lighting 40+ cold 75+ life 25+ chaos:)

The points I'll safe on not having to spec into dual curse I'm spending on armor passives ideally I want to get to 30-35% midigation via armor before the granite flask comes into play. GGG really needs to do something for caster surivibility after the arctic armor change there really is not that much outside of going max dodge.

Current Gear

Oh one last thing with The Vortex and Empower/Added Lighting Damage setup whichever you perfer you need to have at least 61 mana/s regeneration to be able to perma cast without ever running out of mana. That is with two -4% Jewels. Took me quite a bit of testing to find the right balance:) Right now I'm down to 65 mana/s because I drop'd all the stupid mana regeneration on my old gear for damage:)
Last edited by gotteshand on Aug 12, 2015, 6:51:31 AM
I'm already playing build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951/page/1 (Crit Arc Witch)
and I consider reset to this build. It seems ever more easier and much tankier than the one I'm playing right now.
After reading post of @gotteshand; I really think about changing my build to this one. I just wonder how your stats look and what maps are you able to do (I guess every?), because right now I'm at lvl 79 and I'm dying a lot on many bosses, like on map Labirynth. I literally get onehitted.
"
gabarunes wrote:
I'm already playing build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951/page/1 (Crit Arc Witch)
and I consider reset to this build. It seems ever more easier and much tankier than the one I'm playing right now.
After reading post of @gotteshand; I really think about changing my build to this one. I just wonder how your stats look and what maps are you able to do (I guess every?), because right now I'm at lvl 79 and I'm dying a lot on many bosses, like on map Labirynth. I literally get onehitted.

Images

DPS with Aura's running @ Vortex with Arc - Added Lighting Damage - Spell echo - Lighting Penetration

All of which are Quality 20 and Spell Echo and Arc are now Level 21. The DPS difference between Level 20 and level 21 arc is 3500 DPS. As to why I'm not using Empower yet because even a Level 3 is better then Added Lighting Damage? I guess to lazy to roll socket colors till I get a Level 4 empower:)

As to your Problem with dying dunno I'm face tanking most boss's even on level 80 maps:) Granit Flask and Topaz Flask there we go. But I'm able to do that because my chaos resist is at 70%..
Last edited by gotteshand on Aug 12, 2015, 12:26:34 PM
Damn man those numbers :D 30k dps and almost max. chaos res!
IGN - Blackdepp
Hey Blackdepp,

Cant seem to find an answer to this on the net despite some searching, figured you may know. I have Curse on Hit linked with Herald of Thunder and Conductivity. My Arc spell is linked on another piece of equipment with a bunch of support skills: echo, faster cast, ect... Just wondering if the Herald of Thunder/CurseOnHit/Conductivity will curse the enemies when I hit them with my Arc spell. Not sure if its possible to check this while in-game. Any insights? Thanks for any help. Also, I appreciate the build you posted; this is my first character and so far I've been kickin ass.

-Jarka
Herald of Thunder is triggered up on killing a shocked enemy. When it's little flashes strike an enemy he will be cursed. That should be part of the explanation tab as well.
IGN - Blackdepp
gotteshand

Would you mind posting your skill tree, when using The Vertex, what mana regen nods did you remove, for more (crit) damage

My gear sucks, playing for 1 week, but I'm trying to get there
Cheers

P.S. Thanks for the guide OP, I learned a lot, still following it

nvm, I'm dumb, found it under your profile, haha :D
Last edited by SirAlfa on Aug 13, 2015, 12:55:46 PM
Hi there,

thanks for your guide, it helped me a lot.

Since you were so happy about your vertex I just went ahead and bought one as well (it basically cost me everything^^).

Would it be possible for you to post your updated build?

Also: What do you think of Call of the Brotherhood? Wouldn't that work well with this build if you got yourself some +freeze nodes / jewels rather than +shock? I am imagining screens full of frozen mobs.
Last edited by inf666 on Aug 13, 2015, 7:13:01 PM
Hey Again,

Thanks for the quick replay. Was going to post and tell you I had figured it out. Appreciate the build, for someone who's played D2 as a Lightning Sorc for years this is perfect.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info