We're Freeing up Old Character Names

God damnit, the name that i want is a lvl 1 char on an account with highest level char like lvl 65 and the owner has recently logged in to the account on the forums at least T.T
Why have unique names in the first place?
"
Nagpur wrote:
will there be a pre-download ?

If you have downloaded the beta then you can copy the "content.ggpk" over to the main install folder two hours before release and cut down on what you need to download.
Chris confirmed that in a tweet or reddit post
We should also be able to just rename a character when we want.
When a tree reset is done (or partial redesign through regret orbs), people sometimes recreate the same build on that character, but also sometimes create a different build.
If the user put the build type in the character name, for example "MyEKCritScion", when he changes this scion to a searing bond build, he clearly wants to change the character name, and he can't.
Laurent
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Jul 9, 2015, 2:01:13 AM
thx chris for this implementation.

"
ScythA wrote:
This is awesome. Hopefully I can get the original ScythA. I'd be so damn happy.

that should have been the case in the first place:
- at the creation of accounts you can only choose a unique name among all existing accounts and characters
- after account creation the name of your account is preserved for you as a character name automatically

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
LoloTwingo wrote:
We should also be able to just rename a character when we want.

yes, but it should cost ggg points.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Just want to absolutely clarify - if I have accessed my account at all in the last year, all my character names are safe?

I would like an official answer to this question.. I log in but I don't log into all my characters. (Not looking for an answer from the community, but from a Dev, or forum mod.)
"Don't Tread on Me"
Why would any of you be so hyped to get a name you want but you tell all of us the name you wan't lol. There might be people on here now that will try to get that name-Or sell it to you for Exalted orb.
"
jables wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Just want to absolutely clarify - if I have accessed my account at all in the last year, all my character names are safe?

I would like an official answer to this question.. I log in but I don't log into all my characters. (Not looking for an answer from the community, but from a Dev, or forum mod.)

"
Chris wrote:
Every character on an account accessed recently is safe, and that duration is set to an entire year.

"
jables wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

"
Chris wrote:
If you have logged onto any character on your account in the last year, then their names cannot be taken.

this means you have to start the game client, log into your account and start the game with any of the accounts' characters for all characters in this account to be safe.

logging into the poe website only is probably not making your characters safe, so looking at the date at the accout details will not tell you anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info