We're Freeing up Old Character Names

Isn't it better to make, like in diablo 3 ? where everyone can pick names they want, even if it exists already, since the account name is unique . (this way everyone happy - everyone get the names they want. )
The statement is still unclear to me. Perhaps grammar is failing me. Chris' post seems to be about logging into a character, not logging into an account.

I've logged into the one and only character name I care about just to be safe.

If my interpretation is correct, announcing this the day before it happens is damn harsh. So hopefully I've got it wrong.

There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Last edited by obadonke on Jul 9, 2015, 3:22:02 AM
This is good.
"
Sting wrote:
Isn't it better to make, like in diablo 3 ? where everyone can pick names they want, even if it exists already, since the account name is unique . (this way everyone happy - everyone get the names they want. )

Yeah, and when a friend asks my for my name I gotta tell it to him like it's a phone number.
I already know 3 names that I need to reserve when servers go online
"
Sting wrote:

I agree with this. Have it display in chat like it does in Star Trek Online

Character_Name@teacherpeter or something like that, but people will know they can just contact you anytime by your username and not your character name.
Can't we use single name for entire account? Add short description to every character just like in Friend List so other players could know what build or main skill this one uses...

Sooner or later you'll face the problem with mini sentences cause most of names will be taken (by mules of course. lol). And in next update instead of content you'll have to add options to report names like "iloveugggforallthelags".

How about download? Running any torrent with updated content.ggpk?
Please allow us to have one space in the middle of the name to give us first and last names. #DownWithTheMasterraceRogueExiles
I hope my favourite name "asdfmule" will get freed as well.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
awesome news!

how do we check names? not profile names, I found that https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/seibar, but character names?

/whois doesn't tell login date
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
Last edited by Seibar on Jul 9, 2015, 4:28:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info