We're Freeing up Old Character Names

"
noobatplay wrote:
Is there also a way to rename an existing character I named hoiasdfbgujks just I got bored to find a name which was not taken? /(And funnily more then once names like asfghaebxf where already taken)

Support will change names for you if you email them: support@grindinggear.com :-)
Great one! was about time :D
CI >> Life
I do agree that chat should be account-name based. I'd like to know when I'm talking that MyBadassSummoner is the same person as JoeDirt.

Guild invites should be account based as well, it drives me insane that I have to have a character name to invite someone to my guild.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
noobatplay wrote:
Is there also a way to rename an existing character I named hoiasdfbgujks just I got bored to find a name which was not taken? /(And funnily more then once names like asfghaebxf where already taken)

haha i know. i typed some random 10 charachters for a temp charachter and that name was apparently already taken. crazy :D
"
Archwizard wrote:
I do agree that chat should be account-name based. I'd like to know when I'm talking that MyBadassSummoner is the same person as JoeDirt.

Guild invites should be account based as well, it drives me insane that I have to have a character name to invite someone to my guild.

This, so much this. I can't count how many times I get mixed up with names in trade that often end up in a sour buyer or ruin the trade completely.
I live for my e-peen
So QoL is priority when a database server runs out of space...I get it :P

Either way, thanks ggg!
"
Can't wait to get my old name 'Athene' back!
While I'm sure your naming that character after the Greek goddess, you do realise it's now forever associated with a certain Razer sponsored Belgian Youtuber right?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Best announcement I have seen in a long time. I love the way you guys are handling it as a whole. Allows active players to get the names they want, without punishing people that may or may not come back. I really like it.

Edit: I would like to say that I would NOT want my chat to be account name based. I want my character names to have meaning beyond the fact that I can see them. If I wanted my account name then I would have a char named after it and stick to it. I personally would not like that option
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
Last edited by BJWPDaemonSadi on Jul 9, 2015, 4:46:15 PM
This honestly makes me happier than it probably should.

Best day ever!
Last edited by Nicksiren on Jul 9, 2015, 5:13:50 PM
Rip PoE's one mini game. As I've always said: "PoE is a game of strategy, strategically making powerful builds, strategically gaining currency, and strategically thinking of names that haven't been taken." Now maybe it will only be a game of strategy in two ways, because c'mon, the naming process really was a whole mini game :P
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info