Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

You can always just run a ruby flask if you have a lot of trouble with reflect.

I think an EA shadow would be viable, but I just feel that Marauder is stronger.
I see you don't take any dex nodes until Iron Reflex, how do you use explosive arrow?
Light Quivers, especially if they're double dex rolled, will take care of any dex issues.
Simple question what do you do if EA doesn't proc ignite? especially with a fast moving pack. This is going to be more of an issue at lower/mid levels particularly without quality gems. I'm guessing you re-stack but Murphy's law coupled with the RNG dictates that the time you get 3 or 4 failures to ignite is just when you need it to survive.
I would not suggest doing this build without quality on explosive arrow (1%=1% ignite chance).

Also, since I run elemental proliferation and aoe talents, if I ignite one mob in a pack, it will proliferate to the whole pack. Being at 60+% chance to ignite (without flammability), I am essentially guaranteed to ignite any pack. It gets a bit less consistent with single mobs, ie rare mobs, but this build is tanky enough to take a few hits and/or kite mobs. I don't need the ignite to survive, it just speeds up the process of killing mobs by a large factor.
OK thanks, I had kinda forgot to consider that the charge is still an AoE even without LMP <doh> . It occurs to me without quality EA increased AoE passives might be a better bet than EE more mobs bigger chance to ignite. It could easily be respecd if circumstances change..

You must have spare slots do you advocate a single target killer? I have a coupe of bear traps. Flame totem is good, it has even more utility. I was thinking of ditching the traps and running a second EA with concentrated effect until I had enough slots to combine the supports into the 'main' EA. More marginal value on burn over straight up fire.
Last edited by BlowFish on Feb 14, 2013, 3:05:16 AM
any chance u put a tab in first post, has in what gems to use along with the links, and gears wise what type of gear should i be looking for. n maybe like wht gems/link one should have around lvl 23.. maybe 1-10,10-20,20-30,30-40,40-50.. so on.. it would help me a bit in what to look for on gear beside trying to get a quill rain(also is it possilbe to have 6 sockets on quill rain bow)?
thank you
"
drakon3rd wrote:
any chance u put a tab in first post, has in what gems to use along with the links, and gears wise what type of gear should i be looking for. n maybe like wht gems/link one should have around lvl 23.. maybe 1-10,10-20,20-30,30-40,40-50.. so on.. it would help me a bit in what to look for on gear beside trying to get a quill rain(also is it possilbe to have 6 sockets on quill rain bow)?
thank you

Pretty sure you can have a 6 slot QR I think mine is ilevel 61.

1-25/30 you might be better off using 2h mace Pastromy describes what you really need on gear in his first couple of posts a 4L & 3L will pretty much do the job. Look at the level requirement for EA btw. When you get the armour switch provided you have the gems. Sadly you will need to buy gems if you don't have them stashed making this unsuitable as a first build (imho).
I agree completely, Blowfish. This is not really a good idea for a first build. Twinking gear is highly helpful. Blowfish hit on one of the reasons--that you need the gems (specifically a high quality EA). The other reason is that life on gear is really, really important early. If you don't have much life on gear, you won't be able to support the 4L (Ele Prolif), which will gimp your burn damage severely.

The only real important thing to get is a 4L with rgbb (EA+Fire Pen+Chance to Ignite+Ele Prolif). All other sockets don't really matter that much. You'd like to get a rg link to run reduced mana and grace. Then, later, a 5L with another blue so you can add Increased AoE.

As far as 5/6L goes, it doesn't even need to be on Quill Rain. In fact, since you want to roll rgbbb on a 5L, and rgbbbb on 6L, rolling those on a bow requires a tremendous amount of chromatics. So, I would recommend getting a 5L evasion/es or armor/es chest.

Late game, I plan on transitioning out of quill rain into a bow with +2 to bow gems and attack speed.
Im currently trying to make a duelist version of this build, and I'm curious.. how important is EE? Can I get it in later levels? or should I rush and get it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info